"The Current North Texas Helmet Is Pathetic Considering...

A new twist on the misuse of "couldn't care less."

What KRAM meant to say was that he "pretty much could not care less" ...

What he said was that he (paraphrasing) cares to some degree and could, therefore, care less than he does.

Whew.

GO MEAN GREEN

Amen. They get trickier by the day.

Edited by Cr1028

A new twist on the misuse of "couldn't care less."

What KRAM meant to say was that he "pretty much could not care less" ...

What he said was that he (paraphrasing) cares to some degree and could, therefore, care less than he does.

Whew.

GO MEAN GREEN

Hmmmmmm, you may just have a point there...often like the misuse of "cheap" when one actually means "inexpensive". I'll try to remember that going forward...thanks.

Hmmmmmm, you may just have a point there...often like the misuse of "cheap" when one actually means "inexpensive". I'll try to remember that going forward...thanks.

Sort of. Merriam-Webster shows cheap as a synonym for the word inexpensive. I do think I see where you were going with this. Cheap can also mean "of poor quality" in addition to meaning "low priced".

I'm going to get off the grammar wagon now. Sorry to bother you all.

IF we get in the Alliance, 2013 would be a good time to change our sports gear, though, but not so radically as to start changing shades of green , icons and logos all over again.:rolleyes:

GMG!

Can we please leave the uniforms the same for more than a couple years?!? <_<

• Upvote 3

I thought it would be cool to get DEEP GREEN's helmet produced as a mini helmet. How many will you guys buy ?

Joe,

The minimum order to produce a custom helmet is 504 units. Please let me know if this quantity is possible and I will put you in contact with the proper person.

Thank you,

Riddell Inc.

Sorry DEEP. I can't cover more than about 5. Joe

Can we please leave the uniforms the same for more than a couple years?!? dry.gif

Not sure that is possible for North Texas.:)

Fact is that many of us dream about having a helmet (a la the UT helmet) that has one mascot symbol on it and that we do

leave it alone for about as long as UT-Austin has left their's alone---which has been about most of my life.

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think something like this would be nice. Not flashy. Kind of traditional looking. Has both our letters and wings.

sml_gallery_7975_80_10577.jpg

Rumor has it that Rick V is not a fan of the letters "UNT" but rather prefers "North Texas"...Hey! it's still a free nation for us to not be told how to think or, uh, what to purchase. :rolleyes:

I like the UT Longhorn symbol because it's simple and it has been on their helmet most of my 61 years if not all of them. Remember...K.I.S.S. ?

Most of us who have been around a few decades have had to keep a score card with all our logo and branding changes at North Texas which usually came about with each change of AD's and/or coaches (of which we've needed a score card for that, too, those last several decades). :blink:

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

105 ranking.

That is one man's opinion. I have seen polls where the Nebraska helmet is one of the top ranked. You want to go boring, look up Penn State (plane white with a navy stripe) or Alabama (crimson with a white stripe and number). I have seen polls where those are top ranked as well.

If we do make a change, I can see putting the new eagle logo on there. I think I would rather see the helmet the way it is (green w/white North Texas) but add the eagle logo helmet stickers.

Too much?

I think something like this would be nice. Not flashy. Kind of traditional looking. Has both our letters and wings.

sml_gallery_7975_80_10577.jpg

I'd go for something of this nature.

I still like north-texas-83-93a.gif ...the longest tenured logo we ever had on a helmet at 11 seasons, 1983-93.

Something in the Wing and Letters neighborhood that you propose was on the helmet for one season, 1972: north-texas-72.gif

The beloved worm had the second longest tenure of any UNT football helmet, 10 season, 1973 to 1982: north-texas-73-78.gif

I'd love the original worm back. It really was unique.

• Upvote 1

I thought it would be cool to get DEEP GREEN's helmet produced as a mini helmet. How many will you guys buy ?

Joe,

The minimum order to produce a custom helmet is 504 units. Please let me know if this quantity is possible and I will put you in contact with the proper person.

Thank you,

Riddell Inc.

Sorry DEEP. I can't cover more than about 5. Joe

So what's an extra 485 mini helmets stacked in your garage gonna hurt? Your wife would understand.

By the way, that helmet site has "concept helmets" that they've designed. Here's their concept for us:

north-tex-cncpt.gif

Hmmm...totally objective third party considers us UNT despite more than a decade of having script or stylized "North Texas" on the helmets.

Oh, well.

I like that. At what site did you find those helmets?

I like the Mean Green Lone Star flag idea. It's simple and easily recognizable at a glance, Great idea. Could someone with that talent mock up such a design ?

GO MEAN GREEN

I can just see the Earth Day folks taking our green and white Lone Star flag and LEEDS certified footballl stadium as strong statements from UNT for the ecology movement and then give them a reason to move their world headquarters to Denton, Texas, America. :hair::sick:

This would cause some of us to reminisce back to the 70's when

Earth Day began plus:

* Gloria Steinam

* Sissy Farenthold

* bra-burning,

* the Sharpstown scandal

* Frank Zappa, Miles Davis, Blood Sweat & Tears & UNT's One O'Clock Lab Band receiving 1'st ever collegiate Grammy nomination, circa 1975

* introduction by IBM of the floppy disk,

* Denton native Sly Stone heads to LA

* UNT Union getting its first major face-lift (circa 1972)

* North Texas president Jitter Nolan getting rail-roaded out of office by the UNT BOR's led by Monk Willis

* ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's crazy... Just so crazy it just might work!

But seriously- I kind of LOVE that idea.

I've always liked that idea...as well as the NT-star. After all, the NT battle flag is what the Talons use. I'd like to see a helmet mock-up of the flat flag, and a waving battle flag....much like the Rangers use.

Come to think if it, a NT battle flag (flat or waving) would look great on the front of the GB's uni's. If not there, then an arm patch would look good.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1