"The Current North Texas Helmet Is Pathetic Considering...

Is u of h going into a new sadium in 2013?

They're going to tear down Robertson and build a new stadium on the same site. So they'll be playing elsewhere for 1 or 2 years - either at Reliant or Rice. Although I suppose they could play at the new soccer stadium downtown along with Tx Southern, but it only seats 20k or so, and they'd be 3rd in scheduling.

Edit - Football at Minute Maid Park, anyone? I suppose that's also an option - closer to their campus, but twice the capacity than the soccer stadium. Just don't know if a football field will fit. Think new Yankee Stadium.

Edited by Stix

They're going to tear down Robertson and build a new stadium on the same site. So they'll be playing elsewhere for 1 or 2 years - either at Reliant or Rice. Although I suppose they could play at the new soccer stadium downtown along with Tx Southern, but it only seats 20k or so, and they'd be 3rd in scheduling.

Edit - Football at Minute Maid Park, anyone? I suppose that's also an option - closer to their campus, but twice the capacity than the soccer stadium. Just don't know if a football field will fit. Think new Yankee Stadium.

UH should play in the Astrodome.

It's what made them famous.

• Upvote 1

UH should play in the Astrodome.

It's what made them famous.

The only reason the Astrodome hasn't been torn down yet is that they can't afford to. It's less expensive to let it sit & decay. It's a shame...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd go for something of this nature.

I still like north-texas-83-93a.gif ...the longest tenured logo we ever had on a helmet at 11 seasons, 1983-93.

Something in the Wing and Letters neighborhood that you propose was on the helmet for one season, 1972: north-texas-72.gif

The beloved worm had the second longest tenure of any UNT football helmet, 10 season, 1973 to 1982: north-texas-73-78.gif

I'd love the original worm back. It really was unique.

Some interesting choices.

New conference gives UNT an opportuntiy for new logos and brandings gear which means more purchases and revenue for North Texas athletics.

GMG!

Some interesting choices.

New conference gives UNT an opportuntiy for new logos and brandings gear which means more purchases and revenue for North Texas athletics.

GMG!

No, no, no, no, no, never, never, never, no!

• Upvote 3

I know I am beating a dead horse, but I still get pissed every time I walk in to Rally House and cannot find UNT gear. Or on Dick's Sporting Goods website, they seem to have every college in the country listed on their site except for us.

I know every time we ask at one of these places, the owners say it is because North Texas makes licensing way harder than all of the other universities, but I still do not know why the heck that is. And why RV, Rawlins, and the rest of the crew do not do anything about it???

I know I am beating a dead horse, but I still get pissed every time I walk in to Rally House and cannot find UNT gear. Or on Dick's Sporting Goods website, they seem to have every college in the country listed on their site except for us.

I know every time we ask at one of these places, the owners say it is because North Texas makes licensing way harder than all of the other universities, but I still do not know why the heck that is. And why RV, Rawlins, and the rest of the crew do not do anything about it???

That is so true. I get the same response! You'd think we'd WANT our brand out there! How can we be the "Green Light to Greatness" if nobody ever sees our Green Light!?!?!

• Upvote 1

I think we should use a logo or the logo and words like what is on the flag. North_Texas_LOGO.jpg

North Texas recruited my school the other day and it was hard to read coach Riddle’s shirt. All of the kids were wondering what school was there. Texas was there also and they immediately recognized their logo. It was not a bright orange shirt either. It was white shirt with black stripes and their logo. I understand we are not Texas but I think if we have a logo that we stick with we will be more easily recognized each year. I like the image above or just the logo.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

---Stickers such as what Ohio State uses on college helmets seem so immature to me... reminds me of kindergarden kids getting stars for "whatever". If I had the power to decide we would use some form of a N across a T .... much like the logo what the alumini association uses. [ shown on above post ] I do wish we would be consistent like many colleges have been. I even liked the script over what is pictured in the article.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I can count five games against CUSA opponents since I came to Denton and we got utterly pummeled in all of them. Reverse that by 2013, and you can put Central University of North Texas in pink glitter comic sans font on the helmet with a ribbon for all I care.

---You may be on to something..... anytime we lose by 30 [ except a body bag game to LSU etc. ] .... the team should be made to wear pink jerseys in their next game....hahaha.... they would likely try harder when the game seemed hopeless just to avoid that happening.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I can count five games against CUSA opponents since I came to Denton and we got utterly pummeled in all of them. Reverse that by 2013, and you can put Central University of North Texas in pink glitter comic sans font on the helmet with a ribbon for all I care.

Not sure the Rice game during Fouts Field final season 2 years ago was exactly a wash, or the last game we played SMU at Ford nor was our bowl win over (then) CUSA member U of Cincinatti Bearcats, but I'm not sure how new you are to the Mean Green scene to have remembered that 2002 NO's Bowl win by UNT.

But yes, we need to up our recruiting across the board and in football increasing overall team speed will be a very good start.

GMG!

PS: I think several from CUSA will need to catch up to our basketball program quite frankly.