NT Junior Day

Don't want to get too wordy, but wanted to update you on the Jr. day. My son attended and we attended with him. We got to tour the facilities to include the locker rooms, meeting rooms, dorms, cafe, stadium (got to walk on the field) and the press box. We got to meet Coach McCarney, and the area recruiting coach, and the position coach. First of all, everyone should be very proud of the facilities. They are really fantastic and will go a long way to allowing Coach Mac to build the program. Second, the coaches are first class and they really believe in what they are doing. They are great salesman for the university and the football program and they are clearly all in building the program. Coach Mac, when he spoke, said that the days of people making fun of the program are over. This past year, the teams they played weren't laughing even though they didn't win every game. It was a great experience and I am hopeful my son gets a chance to play for the Mean Green.

Glad you enjoyed your visit up to Denton! GMG

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I hope as well that your son gets a chance to wear the green come out of the gate at Apogee. Can you tell us about how many showed up to the event?

One would think that our local beat writer, Vito, would provide some information on Junior Day at UNT.

• Upvote 1

One would think that our local beat writer, Vito, would provide some information on Junior Day at UNT.

Yeah. One would think that with technology today 1 beat reporter could be in Hot Springs, AR as well as Denton, TX at the same time.

Vito needs to learn to prioritize!!!!1! SBC Basketball tournament? Whatever... Football is king in Texas!

• Upvote 1

Yeah. One would think that with technology today 1 beat reporter could be in Hot Springs, AR as well as Denton, TX at the same time.

Vito needs to learn to prioritize!!!!1! SBC Basketball tournament? Whatever... Football is king in Texas!

Come on... Vito is where he should be... It is conference tourney time!

On a side note, I did peruse espn, scout, and rivals, and the number of offers appears to be up from the rivals site especially... I would imagine these are the tip of the iceberg.

Go git em! DMAC!

BTW, if we fill the stadium, our recruiting gets tons better... TONS!

Go Mean Green!

My son did not receive an offer. I suspect no offers went out at this event as there was no time for individual meetings with the coaches or coach Mac. I suppose there could have been some other meetings arranged outside the view of those in attendance. I would guess there were about 200 athletes. My son is an OL and there were about 15 OL at the event.

Arlington Martin was well represented. My son, Connor / OL, signed 2/1 and he took 3 jrs from this past years team including an OL, LB and DB. Connor said it was a great event and you would never know Coach Mac had a stroke a few weeks ago. There is a new sheriff in town and he ain't wearing purple or blue.

Next we need to pack Apogee for the spring game 4/21.

• Upvote 1

Arlington Martin was well represented. My son, Connor / OL, signed 2/1 and he took 3 jrs from this past years team including an OL, LB and DB. Connor said it was a great event and you would never know Coach Mac had a stroke a few weeks ago. There is a new sheriff in town and he ain't wearing purple or blue.

I will at the spring game with the family.

More importantly, we need every one of our home games this fall packed! All the way up to the top of the wing'ed end zone. our Alumns and students need to come alive for us to turn the corner!

It is time for this sleeping giant to wake up. I'm getting tired of potential!

Through process of elimination, I think the OL was Alex Riley

There's a lot of players from Martin on the rivals page, how many of them realistically are FBS players?