New Unis when we get in New conf.

NT91

Maybe Denton and UNT students will support the SOW on the helmet after we have a rally (of course during the women’s 1st round Sun Belt game) at the upgraded Super Pit. We can show the new all black uniforms on the jumbo tron. No one will show because the athletic department didn’t personally call anyone and this will jeopardize us getting into the Conference USA/ MWC alliance and we will be stuck playing 4 homes games in our new stadium (with in operable turbines) against FCS schools.

• Upvote 4

I have a great idea to boost attendence! We should have band dat at Apogee, let's invite all the area HS bands and them do some group performance at halftime!! Cha-Ching!!!!

Uh, you mean have a Band Day?!?!?:rolleyes::sword:

The 1'st annual Bands Over Texas in 1982 was the last annual Bands Over Texas. It was actually quite a success as the Highland Park Scots HS band took most of the honors that Game Day. It should have been continued but the late Robert A. Winslow (Green Brigades Director) didn't want to do it so UNT missed another great opportunity.

SilverEagle has said former marching band director Maurice McAdow had some great Band Days at UNT but that mostly before my time. (SE is much older than me)! LOL!

Growing up in the Houston area UH used to have some humongous Band Days in the Astrodome with as many as 13,000 bandsmen at a UH/NC State game which I attended. Lou Holtz was the Wolfpacks head football coach in that era. The Tonight Show's Doc Severinsen was the guest conductor.

A Band Day today might be almost impossible with all the added red tape in today's public schools.

GMG!

• Upvote 1