Florida International (2/9/12)

CMJ

I don't think it's out of question to call this a must win game

I hesitate to call it that because we could then turnaround and win five straight. Given how the daunting the end of our schedule looks (going to UALR & Denver, not to mention ULL again), this is an incredibly important game. We need to be at our very best.

Hopefully no early foul trouble by Mitchell.

• Upvote 1

13-17

FIU – 11-19, 5-11 last year, look to be playing together as a team now – they increased their win total from 7 to 11 last year.

Their athletic guard DeJuan Wright is the teams top scorer and rebounder.

Point guard Phil Taylor and forward Dominique Ferguson played only half a season a year ago because of academics but should contribute for the whole season this year.

We will have to play well but this is a winnable game.

FIU – 11-19, 5-11 last year, look to be playing together as a team now – they increased their win total from 7 to 11 last year.

Their athletic guard DeJuan Wright is the teams top scorer and rebounder.

Point guard Phil Taylor and forward Dominique Ferguson played only half a season a year ago because of academics but should contribute for the whole season this year.

We will have to play well but this is a winnable game.

You sir, are what we on the basketball board like to refer to as, a dreamer. Keep dreaming!

I'm hoping we don't get embarassed by at least 30 pts tonight.

• Upvote 1

FIU is coming home on the heals of two straight road wins. They are in a little bit of a groove right now. We've been sitting on a rough loss for a week.

This is gonna be a gut-check game.

Indeed. This is probably the best stretch FIU has played all year.

Those of us in Houston can watch it! Comcast Sports (CSS) is carrying it - ch 129. I didn't realize it starts at 6pm - I would have missed half the game if I didn't search the web to see if it was available in Houston.

I'll either be at the Sugar Land Ragin' Cajun restaurant - if they'll put the game on - or my friend's house (I have DISH, he has cable).