Amazing - Tony Mitchell

Dr. Seuss

Its amazing how people go crazy over Tony performance tonight... Dont get me wrong, it was great but how are yall in awww of one performance, Chris Jones has been over looked by all of yall all season( and his whole bball career) ... Hes been the guy on the stat sheet all year and almost put up 2 triple doubles in 2 straight games. I havent seen one thread about it... This is not a one man team, this is 14 players getting in the groove...

Tony doesnt make the team, its 14 players that make a team, He's great for the program but dont underlook the players that make him better

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 20

Its amazing how people go crazy over Tony performance tonight... Dont get me wrong, it was great but how are yall in awww of one performance, Chris Jones has been over looked by all of yall all season( and his whole bball career) ... Hes been the guy on the stat sheet all year and almost put up 2 triple doubles in 2 straight games. I havent seen one thread about it... This is not a one man team, this is 15 players getting in the groove...

Tony doesnt make the team, its 15 players that make a team, He's great for the program but dont underlook the players that make him better

Im not on my own stats but If you wanna -1 me, please tell me how im wrong.....I would love to hear your argument

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Im not on my own stats but If you wanna -1 me, please tell me how im wrong.....I would love to hear your argument

Personally, I believe we would have beat Tech with him on the floor. If C.J. and T.M. were the same position it would be a lot easier to build an argument. I'm enjoying this above .500 record with him but realize that Jackson/Grambling/UNO are not TT/UT/MS. I'm not sure that even Syracuse was going to stop UTA the night we visited the Stage.

We would be lucky to have Tony here for his sophmore year (i still think that is doubtful). I wouldn't worry about Chris though... If he sticks with UNT 3 more seasons he will absolutely get the credit he is due when his # is hanging above our heads in the Pit for eternity. It seems to me that C.J. greatness discussion has been in plenty of threads. Please don't ask me to prove it.

• Downvote 1

Don't think anyone even paying half attention would not realize that Chris Jones has been the best newcomer on the floor for the Mean green so far this year, but Tony Mitchell had a fantastic game last evening...actually one of the best in UNT history. So, yes, i am excited as I, along with all other Mean Green fans, have been waiting for him to "arrive". This just may have been his arrival party, and none too soon at that. As many have said, it will take some time for this young team to find itself...maybe last evening was the breakout start to that "finding its way" thing. Sure hope so, as the future is very bright indeed if that is the case.

So, while Jones has clearly been the better player so far, it seems we may have just seen the breakout for Tony...

Remember, UNT was 1-8 at S. Alabama...tough place to play for the road team. Great win for the Mean Green.

Multiple people throughout the season have pointed out that CJ is, without a doubt, the player/story of the year for NT so far. If you haven't read that, you're not following along with the conversations very closely.

Besides...who cares? Let people imagine what greatness there can be down the line with Tony and CJ playing at their best together. No need to be a killjoy. This isn't the football board where something HAS to suck all the time for posters to be content.

• Upvote 3

Its amazing how people go crazy over Tony performance tonight... Dont get me wrong, it was great but how are yall in awww of one performance, Chris Jones has been over looked by all of yall all season( and his whole bball career) ... Hes been the guy on the stat sheet all year and almost put up 2 triple doubles in 2 straight games. I havent seen one thread about it... This is not a one man team, this is 14 players getting in the groove...

Tony doesnt make the team, its 14 players that make a team, He's great for the program but dont underlook the players that make him better

I don't think anyone is overlooking, or underlooking as you state, anyone on this team, but a performance like Tony Mitchell had last night deserves a little applause. Are you that worried that we are going to overlook Chris Jones, Alzee, or someone else?

• Upvote 2

I think I am gonna start a thread on Alzee since he's my favorite player. Give me a break. Mitchell had one of the best games in NT history last night statistically speaking.

I think that would go to Tristan Thompson... Going 20-20 from the line, I think only 10 other players have done that in history

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would like to see if Butler fans where more whipped over Haywood than Unt fans are over Tony

Weird that Butler fans would care about a former UNC big man playing for the Mavs...

Oh, you meant Hayward. Call me when someone here makes this:

For the record, I think pretty much everyone on this team has someone singing their praises every time they manage to do something beyond tie their shoes correctly. Even poor Brandan Walton has Skiver trumpeting him.

For the record, I think Chris has gotten more love than Tony, and rightfully so, for his game performances so far.

For the record, I still heart Dr. Seuss. Ease up on the dogpile... The guy just wants America to love Chris Jones.

Thats actually good, I just think everyone is sucking his dick.. Dont get me wrong Im glad hes here and he had a great game but enough of him and lets talk about the team... I would like to see if Butler fans where more whipped over HaywARd* than Unt fans are over Tony

Baylor fans are more nutz for Perry Jones III than UNT fans over Mitchell.

One of the first things I stated when I initially posted was that Chris Jones is one of the most underrated guards in Texas and would be a great player.

Everyone appreciates Jones and it will take the whole team effort, there is no doubt.

that said, everyone is thrilled about Tony because that was a BREAK OUT game.

• Upvote 2

Thats actually good, I just think everyone is sucking his dick.. Dont get me wrong Im glad hes here and he had a great game but enough of him and lets talk about the team...

Okay...Last night's boxscore:

34 Edwards, Alonzo f 1-3 0-0 0-0 1-0 1 2 2 0 1 0 0 7

02 Walton, Brandan g 1-5 0-3 0-0 1-4 5 4 2 1 0 1 1 23

03 Williams, Alzee g 6-9 0-0 3-5 3-0 3 2 15 2 2 0 1 38

05 Jones, Chris g 5-16 0-2 2-2 0-6 6 2 12 3 5 1 4 40

14 Norris, Trey - 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 5

23 Williams, Jordan - 1-7 0-3 2-2 0-0 0 2 4 1 3 0 3 22

25 Stojiljkovic, Niko - 1-3 0-1 1-1 0-1 1 3 3 0 4 1 1 15

32 Franklin, Roger - 2-9 0-0 2-2 2-2 4 2 6 2 0 2 3 29

33 Hall, Tyler - 0-1 0-1 0-0 0-1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6

TM TEAM - - - - 3-1 4 - - - 1 - - -

Totals.............. - 28-67 3-13 19-23 15-26 41 21 78 11 19 5 15 225