My Thoughts

cl_1_2008

Yes, this was a tough loss. But by no means does it warrant the reaction that it is getting. We're 3-6 with 3 games left that are VERY, VERY winnable. Don't judge Troy based on previous performance. Troy has two wins against two of the worst teams in college football, and they're by a combined 4 points. They are simply a bad football team. Western Kentucky is looking good, but we own them, plain and simple, and we're a better team at home. Middle Tennessee is one of the worst teams in college football(we win this one HUGE). I'm hearing that Thompson has a concussion, so he should be good to go next week. If he's healthy, we could definitely still win 6 games. With McNulty at QB however, all bets are off. Don't write this football team off just yet, because this season is far from over.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4

Yes, this was a tough loss. But by no means does it warrant the reaction that it is getting. We're 3-6 with 3 games left that are VERY, VERY winnable. Don't judge Troy based on previous performance. Troy has two wins against two of the worst teams in college football, and they're by a combined 4 points. They are simply a bad football team. Western Kentucky is looking good, but we own them, plain and simple, and we're a better team at home. Middle Tennessee is one of the worst teams in college football(we win this one HUGE). I'm hearing that Thompson has a concussion, so he should be good to go next week. If he's healthy, we could definitely still win 6 games. With McNulty at QB however, all bets are off. Don't write this football team off just yet, because this season is far from over.

Go Mean Green!

I agree with you but at this point we just don't play well on the road until proven otherwise. I will say this they are all winnable games and that would still be a great turnaround for us. GMG!

I agree with you but at this point we just don't play well on the road until proven otherwise. I will say this they are all winnable games and that would still be a great turnaround for us. GMG!

The next step in developing a winning program is the ability to win road games. Obviously, we are not there yet. But, we have taken the first step (winning games we should win at home) and I have every confidence that we will get to the next step (winning tough games on the road). Rome wasn't built in a day and the program won't be rebuilt overnight.

• Upvote 1

I meant I've never seen such a huge difference between home and away performances. We're a solid team at home, but we mail it in on the road.

My first 3 years at UNT were under Dodge so it's a miracle I still give a damn. My class had to endure the worst stretch in UNT history so if I didn't leave then I'm in it for the long haul

• Upvote 1

I meant I've never seen such a huge difference between home and away performances. We're a solid team at home, but we mail it in on the road.

My first 3 years at UNT were under Dodge so it's a miracle I still give a damn. My class had to endure the worst stretch in UNT history so if I didn't leave then I'm in it for the long haul

Patience, Grasshopper. Young teams often play well at home and poorly on the road. I thought this might get out of hand today, as ASU is clearly the best team in the Belt. We will be competitive in at least 2 of the last three games. Troy will be very interesting.

• Upvote 1

Patience, Grasshopper. Young teams often play well at home and poorly on the road. I thought this might get out of hand today, as ASU is clearly the best team in the Belt. We will be competitive in at least 2 of the last three games. Troy will be very interesting.

Young/inexperienced teams are also very inconsistent. Consistency from week to week is usually the last thing to come to a freshmen QB and a young team.

• Upvote 1

Seems we said the same to console ourselves after getting thrashed by FIU and then ULL. We still suck. We just suck less than the teams we have beaten. Hopefully MUTS and Troy are as bad as they seem. Wky may just kick our ass.

Some may have. You can't determine who is the best team in game 1 of the season or game 3 in conference play. ASU has beaten ULM and WKU on the road, lost to Illinois and Va. Tech by 18 and 19 points, and thrashed FIU at home. Pretty impressive resume. The only tough game left is LaLa on the road.

On a side note, can someone explain why Ark St has 3 home games and 5 road games in conference play this year? Weird.

97and03, why is it that every time we lose you state, "We suck?". We are a young, inconsistent team at this point that is fun to watch win at home and frustrating as hell to follow on the road. We will get better, but I don't think we deserve the label "suck."

• Upvote 1

Seems we said the same to console ourselves after getting thrashed by FIU and then ULL. We still suck. We just suck less than the teams we have beaten. Hopefully MUTS and Troy are as bad as they seem. Wky may just kick our ass.

You, my friend, may suck. UNT, on the other hand, is showing major improvements over last year. We've made Apogee into a home-field, we've gained support from the student body, and there's a sense of excitement going into gamedays.

UNT has a long way to go still, but is well on its way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1