b12 votes to invite tcu

SHOSS

This is pretty interesting to me...

If you are TCU, what do you do?

Choose the instability of the bevo(9 or 10) or the instability of the big east?

Does pride step in for them because of the reports that Austin didn't want to be upstaged?

This is interesting...even if it doesn't involve us...

It is just a dream but if the Big East wants a true and strong Texas footprint they should invite both UH and UNT. Both are big public institutions that would cover DFW and Houston and about 12-15 million in its regions. Just going after SMU and/or TCU just doesn't make the most sense for the future.

They'll jump on the Big 12 in a heartbeat. The Big 12 wouldn't have offered if they weren't quite certain TCU would take it--if there's one thing the B12 couldn't afford right now, it's to have one of the "little sisters of the poor" reject their conference invitation. And TCU has always made clear that the B12 was their ultimate goal.

This is pretty interesting to me...

Does pride step in for them because of the reports that Austin didn't want to be upstaged?

This is interesting...even if it doesn't involve us...

Bevo 9 !! Regional comp for sold out stadiums and a sweet TV deal. Perfect for TCU. SMU to the B E . UNT CUSA or the MWC.

Would be almost comical if TCU accepted a Big 12 invite, the Big East loaded up on their fill of schools, TX/TT/OK/OSU all bolted to the PAC 16, and TCU gets left out in the cold. That "uppityness" in Cowtown would be history.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/20111006/226452_conference-realignment-tcu-big-12.htm

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bevo 9 !! Regional comp for sold out stadiums and a sweet TV deal. Perfect for TCU. SMU to the B E . UNT CUSA or the MWC.

Do we think that the Sun Belt is going to get picked from by the Big East, MWC, and CUSA? If that's the case, are we really one of the top choices? Does being a metroplex team with a new stadium give us reason to be picked over all the other Sun Belt teams and UH?

I wish it did. But I doubt it. I don't know if we'll even feel any of the ripples in the wave of conference reallignments.

Edited by kalebschumann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Best case scenario: TCU gos to the Big12 and the rest of the Big 12 commits to the conference and perhaps add BYU and Boise State. SMU heads to the Big East as they proceed to add UCF and Temple (good for their bb losses). This leaves a weaker CUSA and good prospects for getting invited. People, this won't happen overnight and next year, as we are on top of the belt (in my opinion), we'll be the most attractive belt team because of our facilities, region, and fan base.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Do we think that the Sun Belt is going to get picked from by the Big East, MWC, and CUSA? If that's the case, are we really one of the top choices? Does being a metroplex team with a new stadium give us reason to be picked over all the other Sun Belt teams and UH?

I wish it did. But I doubt it. I don't know if we'll even feel any of the ripples in the wave of conference reallignments.

Compared to every other SBC team we have the most to offer and best perception. You can make a case for FIU and even MT but fortunately I think we would be the first school to be looked at if someone was picking from the Sunbelt. We are in Texas, 37K students, part of the DFW area which is a top 5 market. And people just have this positive perception when its in the State of Texas. Troy is and has been good for a while now but I don't think they're ever on anyones radar.

Do we think that the Sun Belt is going to get picked from by the Big East, MWC, and CUSA?

Not the Big East, but the MWC and C-USA could certainly look to the Belt. Where else would they look for member schools? The next tier down from the MWC and C-USA includes the WAC, MAC, and Belt, and I would say the Belt schools have just as much chance, if not greater, of being invited than most schools from the other 2 conferences.

If that's the case, are we really one of the top choices? Does being a metroplex team with a new stadium give us reason to be picked over all the other Sun Belt teams and UH?

Not over UH. But we have already been looked at in the past as a serious candidate by both the MWC and C-USA. Look at all the other schools in the Belt, WAC, and MAC, and find me more than 2 schools that are clearly better candidates than UNT. Even the schools with better football are disqualified by location, lack of TV sets, and inferior academics.

I don't know if we'll even feel any of the ripples in the wave of conference reallignments.

Maybe, maybe not. I do wish that all of the dominoes currently falling would have waited a couple of years until we could improve our product on the field and our attendance. But I still wouldn't count us out of moving up a notch.

• Upvote 2

I wish the TCU Big12 invite had happened after the Big East had invited Smut, otherwise I think the BE now re-evaluates their need to be in Texas and perhaps tries to stay east coast with ECU, etc. We need some CUSA schools or MWC schools to get booted out!

USA Today article on TCU invite to Big12....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/tcu-extended-invitation-big-12-big-east/1

Edited by NT80

I am not sure if this will save the Big 12 though. Teams like Texas and OU that don't hold the highest regards for TCU may indeed proceed to leave the conference. If so, TT, and OSU will get out as well. This will leave a very weak conference, even if they add a couple of more teams. In a couple of years, as crazy as things are turning out, we'll be stronger performance and fan attendance wise, and therefore may see ourselves getting good offers from better conferences, ie MWC, CUSA.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever