Inaugural game day panoramic shot

jperg2

Found this on FB this morning:

304580_10100333914429840_23905515_49386787_255742180_n.jpg

Comment attached:

It's no Gary Payne EaglePan, but here's my half-assed panoramic from Apogee. Since I was busting my ass shooting for us, the DMN, AP and the Houston Chronicle, I didn't get a chance to go over to the student side to shoot a proper panoramic. Plus the fans started pouring out in the 3rd quarter. This was my first attempt at this: I promise I'm gonna get better.

• Upvote 3

I hope they do this every game. They happened to take this one during the 5 minute span in the first half I left my seat to test the non-waterless urinals. Right before the failed option toss to Lance. Luckily my mysteriously floating upper-body made the photo on my way back to the seats.

I can't seem to find me. I wonder if this wasn't taken while I was moving from my purchased seats to my seats with my friends...had a bit of a flip-flop/drunk walking issue and fell right on top of some dude in 208, then stayed there crouched for a moment to gather myself/lessen the embarrassment.

Strike that...found me.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

No, because I was there and saw people sitting in the tips of the "winged zone." I do find it interesting that you post on here with a Tech mascot as your avatar.

So you don't find it interesting that the seats the farthest away from the field weren't filled like the rest of the stadium? One of the biggest complaints about Fouts Field was the distance between the field and the seats in the stadium yet the stadium's "prominent" feature puts fans farther away from the field. That picture articulates one of the downfalls of Fouts and why that reason for problems with attendance won't carry over to Apogee Stadium, those few seats excluded.

• Downvote 2

So you don't find it interesting that the seats the farthest away from the field weren't filled like the rest of the stadium? One of the biggest complaints about Fouts Field was the distance between the field and the seats in the stadium yet the stadium's "prominent" feature puts fans farther away from the field. That picture articulates one of the downfalls of Fouts and why that reason for problems with attendance won't carry over to Apogee Stadium, those few seats excluded.

There is no comparison at all. The sightlines from the Fouts endzones were ridiculously terrible. The view from the tips of the Wingzone is outstanding, even though it is removed from the action. The thing is, you have to be really good with heights to last a game sitting there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Thor...look at the doucher bordering 106-107 wearing the UT hat? How did we allow him to not get heckled. Did anyone else see the kid walking around with an SMU shirt? I really let him have it....I actually feel kinda bad about it. I later saw him walking in another section getting slammed by those around him. It was awesome to see his facial reaction and to comprehend that he would never wear that shirt in our house again (esp if we are not playing SMU).

Hey Thor...look at the doucher bordering 106-107 wearing the UT hat? How did we allow him to not get heckled. Did anyone else see the kid walking around with an SMU shirt? I really let him have it....I actually feel kinda bad about it. I later saw him walking in another section getting slammed by those around him. It was awesome to see his facial reaction and to comprehend that he would never wear that shirt in our house again (esp if we are not playing SMU).

ha...we were too caught up in the game and then heckling the smut guy!

Found this on FB this morning:304580_10100333914429840_23905515_49386787_255742180_n.jpgComment attached:It's no Gary Payne EaglePan, but here's my half-assed panoramic from Apogee. Since I was busting my ass shooting for us, the DMN, AP and the Houston Chronicle, I didn't get a chance to go over to the student side to shoot a proper panoramic. Plus the fans started pouring out in the 3rd quarter. This was my first attempt at this: I promise I'm gonna get better.

HEY THAT'S MINE! WTF??