Uniform Talk

UNTLifer

While I do agree that our unis did look sharp, I completely disagree with your bad list. Georgia has the best uniforms I've seen in a long time. Boise's uniforms looked very sharp as well(I love all-whites). Oregon always has good looking uniforms. Maryland's uniforms were very...unique, I guess you would say...I could definitely see how some would hate them, but I could see why people liked them too. I would love to see us in some pro-combat uni's next year. Euless Trinity is already in pro-combat uniforms, so we should honestly already have them, but better late than never I guess.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

While I do agree that our unis did look sharp, I completely disagree with your bad list. Georgia has the best uniforms I've seen in a long time. Boise's uniforms looked very sharp as well(I love all-whites). Oregon always has good looking uniforms. Maryland's uniforms were very...unique, I guess you would say...I could definitely see how some would hate them, but I could see why people liked them too. I would love to see us in some pro-combat uni's next year. Euless Trinity is already in pro-combat uniforms, so we should honestly already have them, but better late than never I guess.

I'm still on the fence on ours, the whites will probably grow on me, but I'm really worried about the greens. And georgia's?!? Are you f'n kidding me?!? Those were the worst ever. Not only are you taking one of the best/most traditional uniforms there is and changing them, but the all red uni's and giant red stripe was ridiculous! Every time I saw them I hated them more.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 3

Loved our new uniforms. Thought they were very clean looking, just wish we had the SOW on oir helmets.

BAD: Boise State, Georgia, Oregon, Maryland with Maryland and Boise State being the worst.

Agree. 164%, agree. Our new uniforms are great. I like the green.

Everyone else you listed, their uniforms just suck. Maryland were almost the most ridiculously stupid in the history of football. They'll never catch up with Oregon, who lead the pack by far in awful uniforms.

I'm embarrassed for Georgia. Unlike Boise and the rest, they do have some football history and shouldn't have to resort to uniform shenanigans for attention. Shame on, Georgia's athletic department! Fire the AD and the coach.

I fully understand the TCUs and Boise States of the world needing to build national recognition because they either: (1) sucked for so long, or (2) have no real football history.

Georgia falls into neither category, and shouldn't do this kind of thing. In fact, no SEC or Big Ten team should get into this kind of chicanery.

Non-Big Ten and SEC who should never join in uniform tomfoolery are:

Texas

Texas A&M

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Colorado

USC

UCLA

Notre Dame

Classic schools whose players have won Heismans and whose football teams have won or played in championship games should never get involved in this crackpot uniform scheming.

There is another problem in college football: throwbacks. Hell, all the helmets looks the same until the 1960s. There is no "throwback" at many schools.

UNT - we'd have no problem with throwbacks. But, like OU or Texas...do you really want to see those two just run out in plain white helmets? Awful.

Stop the insanity!

i refused to watch last nights XFL game after seeing Maryland run onto the field before the opening kickoff. i'm absolutely disgusted with both nike and underarmour. Is it reebok or adidas that is screwing up the michigan/notre dame game?

I'm going to set up shop in UNTLifer's camp with our uniforms being decent and in need of an eagle on the helmet.

here are my thoughts for the next schools that will jump on this awful bandwagon...

1. texas tech (and they will actually think they are more respectable having done so)

2. any school in the state of new mexico

3. 50% of the sun belt, mac, mwc, cusa - with houston guaranteed

4. the entire pac 12 with my most sincere apologies to ucla, usc, and colorado

stanford is sure to end up in something consisting of leaves, branches, or christmas tree lights

• Upvote 1

i refused to watch last nights XFL game after seeing Maryland run onto the field before the opening kickoff. i'm absolutely disgusted with both nike and underarmour. Is it reebok or adidas that is screwing up the michigan/notre dame game?

I'm going to set up shop in UNTLifer's camp with our uniforms being decent and in need of an eagle on the helmet.

here are my thoughts for the next schools that will jump on this awful bandwagon...

1. texas tech (and they will actually think they are more respectable having done so)

2. any school in the state of new mexico

3. 50% of the sun belt, mac, mwc, cusa - with houston guaranteed

4. the entire pac 12 with my most sincere apologies to ucla, usc, and colorado

stanford is sure to end up in something consisting of leaves, branches, or christmas tree lights

+1 for you, sir--especially the parts about Stanford and Tech!

Well, I dunno. To each their own. With the exception of the Maryland Uni which is just a hack job, the rest I think are sharp.

...and the carbon fiber look on oregon's helmet is sick.

...and I could give a crap what we're wearing if our players were being hoisted up by the students like that Maryland player was. REALLY could care less if we are winning. Green, White, Black... Shit, I don't care if we look like an Artichoke. JUST WIN!

Edited by yyz28