Tailgating

mgfan

I was just wondering if you guys and gals got any new toys for tailgating this year. I got a pressurized misting system for my pop up tent and a new generator. I was also wondering if yall have any tailgating traditions? (besides getting wasted) The one tradition I have is the first game of the year is when my family comes out and tailgates with me.

I was just wondering if you guys and gals got any new toys for tailgating this year. I got a pressurized misting system for my pop up tent and a new generator. I was also wondering if yall have any tailgating traditions? (besides getting wasted) The one tradition I have is the first game of the year is when my family comes out and tailgates with me.

Where did you get a pressurized misting system?

We are looking to acquire a DirectTV compatible satelite dish for our tailgate. We have a receiver just not an extra satelite dish for it. Anyone trying to get rid of one or know anyone who is?

i've got one on my roof that i've been trying to find a reason to get rid of for years. no sense in ever using it since fios is awesome.

how would i know if it is directv compatible? maybe it's got a big label on it

That's exactly the misting system I ordered. I found it on amazon for way cheaper. I'm not sure if it works well or not but hell for $40 I'm willing to trying it. How much does one of grills cost for the hitch of your truck, and i guessing you'll be tailgating at Fouts and not on "The Hill".

That's exactly the misting system I ordered. I found it on amazon for way cheaper. I'm not sure if it works well or not but hell for $40 I'm willing to trying it. How much does one of grills cost for the hitch of your truck, and i guessing you'll be tailgating at Fouts and not on "The Hill".

If I were you, I would get it out and go through some trial runs with it. You don't want to be trying to tailgate on a very hot day and find that it badly leaks. And you might want to find out how long it "mists" when it's fully pumped up.

I plan to get there early and back into a spot in the new Mean Green Club lot by some grass. Here is a link to my grill. Looks like they are currently out of stock.

http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/product.aspx?pid=6793

NBMGLG1000-000_15_2086_3_295210.PNG

I also bought an adapter so that I can hook a 20 lb. propane tank to it.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I have no idea how im going to tailgate. I got a group together, mainly alumni from dallas who havent been to a game in 4 years if ever,about 6-10 of us. I doubt we will be able to set up a tailgate. Think we grab a couple of cases of beer and sit on the hill, maybe try to meet some new people.

• Upvote 1

If I were you, I would get it out and go through some trial runs with it. You don't want to be trying to tailgate on a very hot day and find that it badly leaks. And you might want to find out how long it "mists" when it's fully pumped up.

I have one and used it at the 4th of July show at Fouts. Lasts about an hour or so when full. We will have two at our tailgate and about 20 gallons of spare water. ;-)

50 minutes! heck thats pretty good. I saw at wal mart they had a gallon of water for $1. I also love the grill that hooks to the back of the truck but if the new place to tailgate is going to be on the hill i don't see it being useful for me. With that being said where is the rock n' rodeo bus and the UNT 18 wheeler, and such going to be? At fouts field still?

Edited by mgfan

With that being said where is the rock n' rodeo bus and the UNT 18 wheeler, and such going to be? At fouts field still?

This is what scares me. It was hard enough getting students to walk 10 feet into the game, imagine now before the pedestrian bridge is built. Luckily we'll have the newness factor on our side this year, winning will obviously cure this.

This is what scares me. It was hard enough getting students to walk 10 feet into the game, imagine now before the pedestrian bridge is built. Luckily we'll have the newness factor on our side this year, winning will obviously cure this.

I'm confused. What about my previous statement scares you? :huh:

Edited by mgfan

Does anyone know where I can buy one of those styrofoam beer coolers with the SOW on the side? I remember seeing them around town last year but I don't remember where. I'm building a bike to ride up to the stadium on game days and a nice lightweight cooler for the back rack is needed.

No tailgaing allowed during the game. Hopefully it will be enforced.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone know where I can buy one of those styrofoam beer coolers with the SOW on the side? I remember seeing them around town last year but I don't remember where. I'm building a bike to ride up to the stadium on game days and a nice lightweight cooler for the back rack is needed.

I recall someone saying something about one of the liquor stores in hickory creek having them?

• Upvote 1