UH Fans Comment on Stadium

Harry

After some generally positive comments, an admin posted this:

Wow. From the sky it still looks like a piece of crap.

Here's another comment (non-admin)

For those that call it sour grapes, please tell me what it is about the stadium that is pleasing to the eye other than it being new.

Not getting caught up in any friendly smack, but I do wonder what the latter thinks about Robertson. IMO our's dances circles around Houston's.

1. Robertson is a stadium that even an MLS team is embarrassed to play in. It is a glorified high school stadium built in 1942. Even Stevie Wonder thinks it looks like a piece of crap.

2. Who cares what houston fans think about our new palace. We've waited far too long for this to become a reality to worry about what a team that plays in a stadium that makes Fouts look like the Taj Mahal thinks. If you switched from driving an exploding Pinto to a Corvette but your neighbor, who rides a burro around town, says he prefers Porches to Corvettes would you give a f£#% about his opinion? I know I don't.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

"I know you are...but who am I?"

PeeWee Herman in a junior high'ish name-calling scene from "PeeWee's Big Adventure. (I used to watch that movie many, many times with an 8 yo step-daughter who thought it up there with "Gone With The Wind").

UH'ers who attend our stadium debut game on Sept. 10'th will appeciate it more in person and some may want to take back some of their comments & barbs.

Fact is, any stadium looks good when it's filled to capacity--

even UH's Robertson Stadium! :ass:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

1. Robertson is a stadium that even an MLS team is embarrassed to play in. It is a glorified high school stadium built in 1942. Even Stevie Wonder thinks it looks like a piece of crap.

2. Who cares what houston fans think about our new palace. We've waited far too long for this to become a reality to worry about what a team that plays in a stadium that makes Fouts look like the Taj Mahal thinks. If you switched from driving an exploding Pinto to a Corvette but your neighbor, who rides a burro around town, says he prefers Porches to Corvettes would you give a f£#% about his opinion? I know I don't.

If you play Superstition backwards, Stevie clearly states that keenum is going to throw 4 interceptions in the new mean green stadjum, including a pick six in the last 5 minutes of the game to seal a UNT victory... I can understand why U of H fans will not like their soon-to-be house of horrors in Denton. Man, this kool aid tastes like it has been spiked... I feel kind of funny... where am I?

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

No offense, but that is the third topic started in the last 3 weeks with the subject of pics of the UNT stadium ON A UH BOARD! And it's not like the old threads have dropped off. 2 are on the 1st page and one is at the start of the 2nd.

I can understand the excitement, and I can see multiple threads starting here, but at a minimum, I'd think on a UH board, you might keep all of the stadium pics on the same thread. Otherwise, it really starts to look like overkill and even rubbing UH fans' faces in it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No offense, but that is the third topic started in the last 3 weeks with the subject of pics of the UNT stadium ON A UH BOARD! And it's not like the old threads have dropped off. 2 are on the 1st page and one is at the start of the 2nd.

I can understand the excitement, and I can see multiple threads starting here, but at a minimum, I'd think on a UH board, you might keep all of the stadium pics on the same thread. Otherwise, it really starts to look like overkill and even rubbing UH fans' faces in it.

You'd think so, but you don't really know our fans.

If you want to respond in a way the GMG crowd understands, just take pictures of Case Keenum practicing during a flyover. They'll love you for it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

We'll stop starting threads over there once all them no good jerks agree we done built the best stadium in the universe.

CAWWWW!!!

• Upvote 4