Unt Thread On Mwc Board

Harry

First off, half of the posters on that thread are only using TCU and BSU's success to back their arguments. Who really gives a crap about SDSU and others? Everything changes with winning. A bowl season this year and suddenly people think our endzone is unique instead of jetson like. Good thing is, it can't really get worse and with Mac in the driver's seat I know we are going to go only up and it starts THIS season.

Also, Man vs. Food inspired me to make Jucy Lucys and I'm currently in the experimental stage for the upcoming season. A few more 2 a days and I will have perfected my craft.

Why do UNT fans insist on going over to other forums and posting stadium pics and saying how UNT would be a great expansion member?

I don't understand it. It's embarrassing and then they get into arguments with the other posters about how many ponds it has and where the grass is, etc. Not a good idea.

I uh, I agree with Daddy Dumpsalot. Ahem. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Why do UNT fans insist on going over to other forums and posting stadium pics and saying how UNT would be a great expansion member?

I don't understand it. It's embarrassing and then they get into arguments with the other posters about how many ponds it has and where the grass is, etc. Not a good idea.

I don't get it either. If anything it makes our image worse by having posters try and downplay BSU's success because of their stadium. I would much rather win than have a nicer stadium but the poster on the thread is making it seem like a nicer stadium is more important. poor argument

• Upvote 1

What I get out of this:

1.) DO NOT POST this stuff on conference boards.....let them find it on their own. We don't need to get into arguments with people who have new found success and forget things like our own series records against their schools (take a look at UNT vs. UTEP)

2.) TCU fans, for the most part, are seriously coming to our aid and give props from naysayers and nincompoops (yeah...I said it). I truly appreciate the cross-town success they have had and honestly consider them to be an ally of UNT (vs. the MotherWhore that is SMU)

A couple days ago I was talking with a guy who wound up being the BIG 12 Liaison for UT and this guy just sat there bashing TCU and talking all sorts of crap about "why would anyone want to root for them?". I defended them and all that they represent because on a higher level they have the same issues as we do. Yes they won't play us in basketball....and lord knows at this point we don't want to play them in football (give DMAC 3 yrs) but lets not ever place them on a the same plane of douchery as the Mustang community.

I gotta say it might be mission accomplished if he was trolling ... because there is 4 pages of inbred fighting after the first 2 or so which is when the UNT guy dropped off. Kinda funny to read really. Still goes to show it is all about the football program. Mac needs to get us winning soon so we can step up our troll smack talk!

BTW, did I read that right, UH is trying to build a new stadium at 120 million? And that drawing is the final product? It is all erector set, atleast everything that could be seen. We got a great deal on construction if that is true.

I guess we could win more games if football played the same teams that basketball plays. What should we think of all those ex-conference teams going to better conferences (idea: think athletic & school administrations)?

None of them said anything about hiring two HS football coaches in the last 20 years. We DODGED that bullet ;-)

• Upvote 2

I guess we could win more games if football played the same teams that basketball plays. What should we think of all those ex-conference teams going to better conferences (idea: think athletic & school administrations)?

None of them said anything about hiring two HS football coaches in the last 20 years. We DODGED that bullet ;-)

Are you saying that you had no input on that hire? If not, then (just out of idle curiosity) how much does someone have to contribute before the administration starts to listen?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As hard as it is to believe...I agree with Daddy Dumpsalot. This has to be a frist.

jealousy and arrogance...... New MG Stadium is better than most MWC stadiums.... Reno, Wyo, Boise, and NM have no room to talk... all we need now is wins, and we can start working our way into the convo with teams like SMU, UH, UTEP, Tulsa, etc etc.... god i hope we beat UH...

Reno 19,576

Wyo 20,791

Boise 33,269

NM 20,888

UNT 17,718

New Mexico was 1-11 and still outdrew UNT by 3K. Our stadium sucked, but our problem has always been our lack of fan base.

It is true that we do not have the strongest fan base. But, New Mexico is the team of New Mexico while we are not even close to the top in our state. The fact that we draw evenly with them considering how bad we are/have been isn't too bad. Kinda apples to oranges, especially considering the difference in conference prestige too.

• Upvote 1

Please tell me how being LEED certified is going to help our stadium beat more football teams.

Aside from being a point of pride for students and alumns of The University of North Texas, the new stadium doesn't mean anything if we don't win it.

The students and alumns from other schools could care less if the score doesn't change.

I hope that we all didn't just get better sight-lines to a 7th season in a row of terrible football.

• Upvote 2

Posting on another teams or conferences' board is just asking for negative comments. Does anyone really think the majority of another school's fans are going to laud NT's new stadium or any other part of the program Every non-AQ conference is filled with poor programs that are just barely hanging on and bringing up NT with it's recent lack of football success just gives them an easy target. No matter what NT's other sports do or what the status of facilities are, they are going to gleefully bring up the recent football record. It is just too easy, of course if NT had a stellar football recent record, they would find something else but it would at least be more difficult for them to disparage the University.

NT is doing a lot of things right for the first time ever, maybe it is time to let the program develop and do the major talking. Posting on another site is not going to make any difference one way or the other about how things eventually shake out, but don't expect a warm welcome.

• Upvote 2

jealousy and arrogance...... New MG Stadium is better than most MWC stadiums.... Reno, Wyo, Boise, and NM have no room to talk... all we need now is wins, and we can start working our way into the convo with teams like SMU, UH, UTEP, Tulsa, etc etc.... god i hope we beat UH...

I think that the more wins we get, the further this group teams wants to get from us. Our way upward in this world is really going to come down to two ways: 1.) Win again constantly in the SBC and make noise against OOC teams 2.)Join the MWC and become a winner there, just like TCU basically did. That league has teams that are well-respected and beating them brings attention and support. Basically, when TCU decided to leave their fellow Texas schools behind, conference-affiliation wise, they also left them in their dust in football, not to mention their former SWC colleagues as well. This can be duplicated--we just have to hope that the MWC wants to take a chance on us at some point. We have a poor history of success, support, and administration that hangs over us big-time, but we are almost 180 degrees different from where we were even 10 years ago. We could help the MWC out alot, too.