Today is Game 1 of the Finals. It is very very anticipated. I've been a die hard Mavs fan my whole life. I am really hard pressed in picking against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on the same team. The NBA is soooo superstar driven.

As of RIGHT NOW, I see the Heat winning this thing in 6 or 7 games.

I feel like puking.

I'm a huge Mavs fan but didn't think we'd get past A) Portland or B) Lakers. I thought we'd win in 7 against the Thunder as I knew our experience would be too much for them.

I'm back to being pessimistic about the Finals. We must keep them out of the paint. Wade torched us in 06 with dribble penetration and we all know what LBJ can do in the paint. I'm not that scared of them shooting the ball, OKC had better jump shooters.

Chandler's foul count and is what makes or breaks this series. Dirk won't score as easily with Lebron on him, but we have enough other offensive weapons to score points. Chicago's problem was when you shut down Rose, you really only have Deng that can contribute about 20.

How successful will our Dirk-JJ pick and roll continue to be?

Can Brad Stevenson continue his defensive pwnage on D-Wade?

Will Miami's lack of a true center come into play?

If this goes into a hard game 6 or even game 7, will Miami's youth shine?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

I'm a huge Mavs fan but didn't think we'd get past A) Portland or B) Lakers. I thought we'd win in 7 against the Thunder as I knew our experience would be too much for them.

I'm back to being pessimistic about the Finals. We must keep them out of the paint. Wade torched us in 06 with dribble penetration and we all know what LBJ can do in the paint. I'm not that scared of them shooting the ball, OKC had better jump shooters.

Chandler's foul count and is what makes or breaks this series. Dirk won't score as easily with Lebron on him, but we have enough other offensive weapons to score points. Chicago's problem was when you shut down Rose, you really only have Deng that can contribute about 20.

Don't be so sure about that.

Don't be so sure about that.

It will be a lot tougher than previous series. Miami's defense is stifling but since Dirk is greatness and a transcendant player...he'll get his more times than not. But again the game last night showed Dirk is a one man show....Marion had a really nice game but at the end of the day Dirk doesn't get the help he needs consistently...especially when you have the feast or famine ways of jump shooters i.e. Jet, Peja etc. It was also rediculous how bad the Heat hustled for rebounding...with the length we have on this team theres no reason why we should get outrebounded by 10.

The Mavs had a lot of chances yesterday...but in the end you had two gigantic superstars take over not only offensively but defensively as well. That is the one reason I didn't like Dallas' chances in this series.

It will be a lot tougher than previous series. Miami's defense is stifling but since Dirk is greatness and a transcendant player...he'll get his more times than not. But again the game last night showed Dirk is a one man show....Marion had a really nice game but at the end of the day Dirk doesn't get the help he needs consistently...especially when you have the feast or famine ways of jump shooters i.e. Jet, Peja etc. It was also rediculous how bad the Heat hustled for rebounding...with the length we have on this team theres no reason why we should get outrebounded by 10.

The Mavs had a lot of chances yesterday...but in the end you had two gigantic superstars take over not only offensively but defensively as well. That is the one reason I didn't like Dallas' chances in this series.

That was just about as good as the Heat can hope to play. The Mavs came out cold/lazy and managed to hang around till the end. If Tyson or JJ give anything near what they're capable I love our odds.

I didn't get to see the game and read differently.

Bill Simmons' take was basically we lost the game at the end of the third, when Terry, JJ and Peja went 4-for-22 (or something like that) on what he thought were wide open looks. Those three aren't going to have that bad of a night every night.

I've only watched bits and pieces of this team in the playoffs. I would agree if you said it is a one-superstar team. But this is not a one-man show per se, no? The only reason we will compete with a team like the Heat is because we are pretty dang solid all the way down to 8 or 9.

I don't think you have on of the league's highest percentage shooting (FGs and 3s) team-wide due to inconsistent play. We have some great shooters on this team, and last night (hopefully) was an off night.

Peja and JJ were liabilities on both ends of the floor last night.

If Peja can't hit jumpers, then all he can do is foul on the other end and is not worth having on the floor.

If JJ can't get into the paint and MAKE a layup, then he's hardly valuable either. I recall 3 missed layups and an embarassing block by Bosh.

As an aside, I liked when the Mavs put JJ on Lebron, tempting him to be a jump shooter. He was hitting all night, but will he do that all series?

That was just about as good as the Heat can hope to play. The Mavs came out cold/lazy and managed to hang around till the end. If Tyson or JJ give anything near what they're capable I love our odds.

I agree 100%.

By the way, how bad is the announcing. Mark Jackson drools all over anything Wade or James. I stick with my prediction of the Mav's in six.