Arkansas Little Rock (3/8/11)

CMJ

Wow, I didn't get to watch a lot of games this season unfortunately, but I was not impressed with Jones's game management towards the end. When the bright lights were on, the crowd was loud, and things were hectic...our guys looked completely lost. Did UALR's scrambling have something to do with our mistakes down the stretch? I think so, but we looked completely scattered and frantic.

It took Tristan missing a FT, an illegal screen which led to a 3, and a push off which led to another 3 for these guys to get the win...maybe it was just their year.

You are right about the fouls, but they were calling it very loose all night, they certainly were not going to call one with the game on the line. Lack of a bench finally caught up with NT. UALR make the plays at the end and NT didn't make enough plays and continued to turn the ball over.

• Upvote 1

You are right about the fouls, but they were calling it very loose all night, they certainly were not going to call one with the game on the line. Lack of a bench finally caught up with NT. UALR make the plays at the end and NT didn't make enough plays and continued to turn the ball over.

Agreed, thought our experience would have kept us from having an epic meltdown in the final minute...guess I was wrong.

Also, how do we not even get the ball inbounded on the last play? Did anyone even set a screen out on the court anywhere to free a guy up?

There's a lot that did and did not happen in the game. It was what it was. Tough to beat the same team 3 times on the same season. It was still a very good season and one to remember for many years.

Edited by UNTFan23

We need to quit crying about an illegal screen or a push off. We flat out gave it away and were lucky they didnt hit the 3 to take the lead TT got the rebound he got fouled on after Shorter threw it away. It was a great push in the conference tournament to get where we were, but in the end we did just enough to give them a chance to win and they put a dagger in our hearts and absolutely crushed our hopes and dreams.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

We need to quit crying about an illegal screen or a push off. We flat out gave it away and were lucky they didnt hit the 3 to take the lead TT got the rebound he got fouled on after Shorter threw it away. It was a great push in the conference tournament to get where we were, but in the end we did just enough to give them a chance to win and they put a dagger in our hearts and absolutely crushed our hopes and dreams.

I agree we need to quit whining. But I don't think we gave it away so much as they just took it from us. All credit to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really one of the most devastating losses I've experienced, and I've experienced more than a few. Josh getting his pocket picked, and the ticky tacky foul call that caused a 4-5 point turnaround hurt, but Josh made up for it pretty well with his monster 25 foot plus three, and we also had Shannons monster three from the corner. It seemed almost a sure thing that we had the game, and IMO we were clearly the better team. If I'm going to complain about the last scenario that unfolded, I guess I can say that the SBC player of the year should have been pressured in backcourt and not allowed to run free for the winning shot. On the other hand, who the Hell knew that he was going to hit that three. Great game all around from the guys, and it was not hard to see their incredible effort. If this loss is devastating for me, it's not hard to imagine how devastating it is for our great team. Best of luck to you Seniors in your future endeavors. You all are good enough to play again somewhere if you choose.

We can complain about the refs, the missed FT, the clock management, the multiple inbound play meltdowns in the last minute or so... but if we don't commit the braindead sin of fouling like CRAZY in the final minutes with a nice lead, then UALR doesn't virtually close the gap with the clock stopped. If they are simply forced to run their offense and take shots in the last two minutes, we win. Period.

Microcosm of the season. A tough one to take, top to bottom.

• Upvote 1

First off, UALR earned this win, so ya'll stop being bitter. Yes, the screen should have been a foul, but there was no push off at the end. We lost because we missed easy follow shots, missed free throws and didn't dictate the pace of the game. UALR deserved the win tonight, although I kept thinking we would figure out a way to win. Best of luck to the Trojans in the NCAA's.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

First off, UALR earned this win, so ya'll stop being bitter. Yes, the screen should have been a foul, but there was no push off at the end. We lost because we missed easy follow shots, missed free throws and didn't dictate the pace of the game. UALR deserved the win tonight, although I kept thinking we would figure out a way to win. Best of luck to the Trojans in the NCAA's.

I can say it was a push as many times as you can deny it. I also watched it over and over and in stop motion, so there. I have not seen one comment that said that UALR didn't deserve the win. Can't speak for others, but I am not bitter, it was a very exciting game that was as close as possible. I think the biggest factor in the loss was NT's lack of a bench but in a game that close; you could pick almost anything. Too many turnovers and a great performance from Bozeman would be high up on the list.

Not bad azz. My impression was at the end our guys thought LR was just going to quit. It was textbook how to lose a close game. We would be killing all SB teams if our team moved the ball around like they should. I can never see much of a plan or coordination in our possessions. Happy they pulled out a great season with the tournament run, but DAMN.

That was a push off, but one that is rarely called. I have less of a beef over that than the take pancake block on the previous three. The refs were the usual Sun Belt brand of bad and we played bad enough in the last couple of minutes to let them help decide the game. I think we can still be bitter about a lot of what happened last night. There are plenty of things to be bitter about.

The guys left something out on the court, they know it, we know it and we are all bitter about it. I have to think the players will have a very bitter taste in their mouths over this though I do have to hand it to them. I wouldn't have been as complimentary of those douchetastic and dirty UALR pricks in a postgame interview.

• Upvote 1

The folks asking us to stop complaining and to stop being bitter need to lighten up a little. Fans get emotional after losses, especially losses like last night's. Our board has always been relatively calm and grounded in these situations compared to others I've read. Try reading an Arkansas board after they lose to a mid-major.

I want to bitch and moan about what pissed me off in the final minutes of that game...this is the place to do it!

• Upvote 2