Arkansas Little Rock (3/8/11)

CMJ

Ok ok. Gotta give credit where it's due.

If they win tonight (don't want to jinx anything), is this 3 out of 5 run equal to the 4 out of 4 the football team posted? Which is more difficult?

For the sake of superstition, can you please edit your post to something a little less positive?

The football one, just because they had a conference win streak (26?) stretch across 4 years. Three titles in five, especially with the one and done nature of March, is ridiculously hard though.

As impressive as the conference win streak is in football, if UNT wins tonight, I would say that 3 out of 5 NCAA appearances is the more impressive run.

I say this because of the conference tournament that the basketball team had to win to get to those NCAA tourneys. That, and the fact that the Sun Belt was in it's infancy as a football conference when our run took place. Sun Belt basketball has been really good (outside of this year) during the 3 for 5 of the basketball team, posting 3 wins in the NCAAs during that time (too bad we didn't contribute to that).

• Upvote 1

ESPN Scorecenter shows NT favored by 3.5 points.

We're going to need every one of those points. UALR essentially playing a home game for a tournament berth while our guys have got out of gas? I just don't see it. I read somewhere only 17 teams have won 4 straight games to make it to the tournament. Long odds, fellas. Looong odds.

We're going to need every one of those points. UALR essentially playing a home game for a tournament berth while our guys have got out of gas? I just don't see it. I read somewhere only 17 teams have won 4 straight games to make it to the tournament. Long odds, fellas. Looong odds.

Fortunately, UALR will also have to win 4 straight to get to the dance. The only problem is that UNT is better than the other 3 teams they have beaten.

Unfortunately, UNT will probably lose.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As CMJ has stated over and over, we did it in 2007.

Don't count us out, unless you're LIFER. We handled them at their place right before the tourney without White, and now we have him back and are playing considerably better.

I expect a good game.

ualr has to do the same thing...win 4 games in 4 nights. that shouldn't even be in the discussion anymore. yes, they may have a home game, but from what i've heard on the radio is that the mean green fans are pretty damn racous and will make it sound like a north texas home game!!!

ualr has to do the same thing...win 4 games in 4 nights. that shouldn't even be in the discussion anymore. yes, they may have a home game, but from what i've heard on the radio is that the mean green fans are pretty damn racous and will make it sound like a north texas funeral procession!!!

Fixed it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but to be pedantic that's not how odds work. The odds would have been long before the 3 previous wins, but now that those games are behind us they no longer play into the odds. Your first point, however, is well taken.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

Win or lose tonight - it's been a helluva run. I'm gonna miss this Senior class so much. Starting the Watson and Davis's class in 2007, this has been such a fantastic time to follow NT basketball. That first run secured the beachhead, and the guys since have just kept pushing.

Really hope Josh gets it going tonight. He has been our dragon slayer over his career and he was really feeling it last night.

ualr has to do the same thing...win 4 games in 4 nights. that shouldn't even be in the discussion anymore. yes, they may have a home game, but from what i've heard on the radio is that the mean green fans are pretty damn racous and will make it sound like a north texas home game!!!

true i was screaming my head off at the wku game yesterday....pretty much dont have a voice for the championship game today, but im trying to limit my talking to help that lol!!!