Is A Postpone Of The Fau Game Possible

sparkmank

I sure hope not... I have hyped this game up to my friends and family all year long and i cant wait any longer.. OU v. Baylor (at llyod noble but thats pretty close) has been postponed and even the NHL game between Colorado and St. Louis has... I think we should be ok but im not much of a weather guru and wanted to ask yall what the chances are that FAU cant make it or whatever the case is in which the game gets postponed...

I sure hope not... I have hyped this game up to my friends and family all year long and i cant wait any longer.. OU v. Baylor (at llyod noble but thats pretty close) has been postponed and even the NHL game between Colorado and St. Louis has... I think we should be ok but im not much of a weather guru and wanted to ask yall what the chances are that FAU cant make it or whatever the case is in which the game gets postponed...

Where is UNT_Playmaker when we need him for his weather predicting skills!!!

It's more about direct sunlight and traffic to break it all up more than anything. I think we'll be OK, but free admission or dollar day sounds good to me.

No offense to you, but the Stars played last night at the AAC and did not lower their prices. Why do we want to continue to find any excuse, weather related or not, to cheapen any part our athletic program?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a marketing ploy to get additional butts in seats, not a shot at the program.

I think it's worth the shot. Baseball teams do this every year; coupled with .25 hot dogs, it was a huge hit.

But I suppose some of you can dissect the difference between a feeder baseball club and our rockin' popular Bball program.

It's a marketing ploy to get additional butts in seats, not a shot at the program.

I think it's worth the shot. Baseball teams do this every year; coupled with .25 hot dogs, it was a huge hit.

But I suppose some of you can dissect the difference between a feeder baseball club and our rockin' popular Bball program.

Miner, I understand it is a marketing ploy, and respect your opinion. But we have a winning team, though not as good right now as we would like, but a lots of others would trade for our success in bb over the past few years. I just think these "on the fence" fans just need to start showing up because they are true fans and supporters, no matter what. I am tired of "when we get in a better conference, move past a first round game, etc." excuses. I don't know what it will take, but minor league marketing tactics will still cheapen it. Fans show up in other college towns all across the United States for games without having to have a nickel beer and bat night (Rangers really did that one time.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No offense to you, but the Stars played last night at the AAC and did not lower their prices. Why do we want to continue to find any excuse, weather related or not, to cheapen any part our athletic program?

Probably because I think additional butts in the seats is probably more important to our program than our losing a net of a few hundred dollars. Of course we would have to quickly find a way to get the word out to the "cheapos" around town who are probably looking for an excuse to get out of their frozen houses for a little entertainment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If people don't attend it's not the price that's keeping them away, tickets to our games are cheap.

OK, sorry, no offense...BUT tickets to Mean Green Games are NOT cheap. They are definitely INEXPENSIVE for the value received, but they are not cheap. "Cheap" has a meaning that involves "inferior". Mean Green tickets are definitely not inferior. In my humble opinion the correct phrasing would be "tickets to our games are inexpensive". Just sayin'.......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Probably because I think additional butts in the seats is probably more important to our program than our losing a net of a few hundred dollars. Of course we would have to quickly find a way to get the word out to the "cheapos" around town who are probably looking for an excuse to get out of their frozen houses for a little entertainment.

MORE SCULPTURES!

• Downvote 1

Your wish appears to be granted:

http://www.facebook.com/MeanGreenSports/posts/191751737510580

North Texas Basketball games vs. FAU on Thursday night still on. FREE ADMISSION!. Get out of the house and come cheer on the Mean Green as they look for their 18 consecutive home victory! The 5th longest streak in the country.