Interesting Take From A Big Xii Blog

emmitt01

So what does this mean?

In a perfect world for Mizzou fans, Mitchell will work towards attaining a degree at North Texas and reapply to the NCAA next year in order to be eligible to play. If granted eligibility, Mitchell could transfer to a different school, presumably Mizzou, and have three years of eligibility remaining.

He is not permitted to play or practice with the Eagles, so choosing North Texas was probably more for proximity to his family in Dallas and the cost of their in-state tuition, as opposed to paying out-of-state at a different school. Big 12 guidelines also prohibit Mitchell from enrolling at Mizzou, since a requirement of the conference is that any student at a Big 12 institution must also meet NCAA qualifying entrance requirements.

So for now the book is closed on Mitchell for this season. One might speculate that after the academic year he will investigate declaring for the NBA draft, but that is all to be determined at a later date.

It's an interesting take...and it may hold more legitimacy as a theory had Mitchell not taken an official visit to UNT and named UNT in his top 3 before committing.

I agree. And I also think that close to a year being around our team (including J. Williams and the other newcomers) will help convince him that IF he's gonna play college ball he should suit up for the good guys.

So what does this mean?

In a perfect world for Mizzou fans, Mitchell will work towards attaining a degree at North Texas and reapply to the NCAA next year in order to be eligible to play. If granted eligibility, Mitchell could transfer to a different school, presumably Mizzou, and have three years of eligibility remaining.

He is not permitted to play or practice with the Eagles, so choosing North Texas was probably more for proximity to his family in Dallas and the cost of their in-state tuition, as opposed to paying out-of-state at a different school. Big 12 guidelines also prohibit Mitchell from enrolling at Mizzou, since a requirement of the conference is that any student at a Big 12 institution must also meet NCAA qualifying entrance requirements.

So for now the book is closed on Mitchell for this season. One might speculate that after the academic year he will investigate declaring for the NBA draft, but that is all to be determined at a later date.

I would think that if that was his plan he would of went the JUCO route instead of a 4 year University. Hell he could of gone to NCTC and then transferred up there in December of next year and played right away.

So what does this mean?

hate to say it but...

• Downvote 11

I would think that if that was his plan he would of went the JUCO route instead of a 4 year University. Hell he could of gone to NCTC and then transferred up there in December of next year and played right away.

You are right...if his plan was to go back to Missouri he would just go JUCO. If he can keep his grades up, he will be here until he goes to the NBA.

if he was just gonna go back to mizzou why not go JUCO??? If he becomes eligable in the fall, wouldnt he have to sit out a year if he transfered to another school? this is all very confusing... he has alot of options but the fact still remains....HE IS ENROLLED AT UNT... he will get a chance to see the campus, meet alot of good people, and watch football games at our new stadium... i think we have alot to offer him, and he obviously thinks so too since he is now enrolled... I belive now that its 50/50 if he declares for the draft, but if he plays college ball i think its gonna be with UNT... still cant belive we might have the #2 and #30 SF's in the nation on our team next year!!!!! :gym:

Hey man, I'm sorry it wasn't a football announcement.

Super sorry. SUPER DUPER SORRY. Come to a basketball game, free hug to cheer you up.

But GET OVER IT. This is enormous and I'm sorry nobody else was stupid enough to be "angry" at Vito for not magically making this football news.

(and please don't tell me you weren't upset it isn't football news, because you made your original 'screw Vito' post on the Football forum for no other reason that makes any sense)

First, I made my original post over there because the 'What does it mean' thread was over there.

Second, read my posts, THEN post a comment directly at me when you understand what I'm saying.

Third, don't call me names.

Fourth, please change your avatar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

if he was just gonna go back to mizzou why not go JUCO??? If he becomes eligable in the fall, wouldnt he have to sit out a year if he transfered to another school? this is all very confusing... he has alot of options but the fact still remains....HE IS ENROLLED AT UNT... he will get a chance to see the campus, meet alot of good people, and watch football games at our new stadium... i think we have alot to offer him, and he obviously thinks so too since he is now enrolled... I belive now that its 50/50 if he declares for the draft, but if he plays college ball i think its gonna be with UNT... still cant belive we might have the #2 and #30 SF's in the nation on our team next year!!!!! :gym:

After being out of competitive basketball for awhile, I would be surprised if he declared for the draft before playing with us. For the same reason, I am hopeful that he ends up here for more than just spring 2012. Regardless all this publicity for the program is great!

After being out of competitive basketball for awhile, I would be surprised if he declared for the draft before playing with us. For the same reason, I am hopeful that he ends up here for more than just spring 2012. Regardless all this publicity for the program is great!

you got that right... this could generate intrest in DFW like Lebron James did for Akron/Cleveland kinda thing....DFW metroplex's best player is coming up I35 to denton... if we arent on the news tonight or on ESPN Dallas, im gonna flip

First, I made my original post over there because the 'What does it mean' thread was over there.

Second, read my posts, THEN post a comment directly at me when you understand what I'm saying.

Third, don't call me names.

Fourth, please change your avatar.

Oh, but I DID read your posts.

Yesterday, you thought the news that would make it a "very good day" per Vito might be:

My best guess... we replaced Okafor by signing another OT to this class.

So, somehow... a Verbal from an offensive lineman would be great.

However, when it turns out to be a projected NBA lottery pick that's not verballed, but rather actually enrolled in school right now, that's a disappointment.

It's not Vito's fault you decided the next day that a 38 word blog post (promising no more than possibly a "very good day") had gotten your hopes up too high for some sort of seismic upheaval of the universe.

Or, of course, an uncommitted offensive lineman. That would have been cool, too... I guess.

You really need to get off this already.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

It's not Vito's fault you decided the next day that a 38 word blog post (promising no more than possibly a "very good day") had gotten your hopes up too high for some sort of seismic upheaval of the universe.

Or, of course, an uncommitted offensive lineman. That would have been cool, too... I guess.

tastygreek nice investigative skills

i agree its not vito's fault eppy4life is dissapointed. to me this a great day, DFW Lebron James just enrolled at UNT.... the ONLY thing that might have better is a CUSA/MWC invite... aside from that only a 4* commit for football couldve equaled my jubilation right now... this is a great day

Edited by Adub4ever

I think Eppy is doing a bit now. If so good luck in your endeavors and keep up the good work.

At this point it HAS to be a bit.

At first I thought, wow Eppy sure is acting like a 6 year old who just had their mom tell them that " If you're really good at the grocery store you will get a big surprise when you get home" only to find out that the big surprise wasn't a shiny new toy but it was that Mom wasn't going to drink a quart of Stoli and beat you senseless. It has now morphed into the same 6 year old kid all grown up and pouring gas on the fire now engulfing their Mom's nursing home. Well played Eppy, Well played.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 1

Oh, but I DID read your posts.

Yesterday, you thought the news that would make it a "very good day" per Vito might be:

So, somehow... a Verbal from an offensive lineman would be great.

However, when it turns out to be a projected NBA lottery pick that's not verballed, but rather actually enrolled in school right now, that's a disappointment.

Tasty, it's not my fault (or Vito's) that you can't read the sarcasm with which I wrote about the offensive lineman signing. THAT post was about the probability that the 'big news' wouldn't be that big at all. I was wrong. Sue me.

And, I'm not the one all wrapped up over some girl's opinions. So, why don't you get off me already.

Edited by eppy4life
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

At first I thought, wow Eppy sure is acting like a 6 year old who just had their mom tell them that " If you're really good at the grocery store you will get a big surprise when you get home" only to find out that the big surprise wasn't a shiny new toy but it was that Mom wasn't going to drink a quart of Stoli and beat you senseless. It has now morphed into the same 6 year old kid all grown up and pouring gas on the fire now engulfing their Mom's nursing home. Well played Eppy, Well played.

:unsure: Very disturbing... but plausible.

So what does this mean?

You can tell this is written by a Mizzou fan. If he transfered at semester break (next year), he would have to sit out a year (transferred from Div 1 to Div 1). Therefore, he wouldn't play for a 2 1/2 years when he was finally eligible at Mizzou. I think there is a much bigger risk that he goes pro than transfers to Mizzou.

You can tell this is written by a Mizzou fan. If he transfered at semester break (next year), he would have to sit out a year (transferred from Div 1 to Div 1). Therefore, he wouldn't play for a 2 1/2 years when he was finally eligible at Mizzou. I think there is a much bigger risk that he goes pro than transfers to Mizzou.

those were my thoughts exactly.... how could he transfer 2 times in 1 year? and then that doesnt even take into account having to sit out 1 year when you transfer d1 to d1 school

:unsure: Very disturbing... but plausible.

More disturbing that Eagle 96 thought that up so quickly :ph34r:

• Upvote 1