Helmet Stickers

UNTLifer

From Yahoo!

"Helmet stickers are a big tradition in college football. Many big programs such as Ohio State, Stanford, and Arkansas use helmet stickers. Many other schools used helmet stickers in the past. In a sport that largely focuses on team accolades, helmet stickers serve as a method of rewarding individual players. Different universities give helmet stickers for a variety of reasons. Here's a look how the tradition started and how it is used today."

Enjoy and discuss. I still think NT should go to the green helmet and have white "eagle poop" stickers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From Yahoo!

"Helmet stickers are a big tradition in college football. Many big programs such as Ohio State, Stanford, and Arkansas use helmet stickers. Many other schools used helmet stickers in the past. In a sport that largely focuses on team accolades, helmet stickers serve as a method of rewarding individual players. Different universities give helmet stickers for a variety of reasons. Here's a look how the tradition started and how it is used today."

Enjoy and discuss. I still think NT should go to the green helmet and have white "eagle poop" stickers.

Um Lifer, This board is supposed to have FRESH TOPICS. Is this some kind of joke? :growl:

helmet stickers suck!

In high school I played offensive and defensive line and it was so annoying seeing every receiver and running back rack up stickers like there was no tomorrow, while linemen were lucky to get 2 per game :censored:

Haha at my high school it was the opposite. We got stickers for knockdowns, because we were an option team. So me and the fellow o-linemen had a ton of stickers.

It could be worse... In the early 80's, Iowa State actually gave the players different color helmets... Good players got rewarded with a Gold helmet instead of a Cardinal one...

Awesomely terrible... and yet fascinating...

isu_helmets_500.jpg

I can imagine considering only 4 out of the eleven defensive players are wearing Gold helmets.

From Yahoo!

Wow, some of those schools give away helment stickers... and.... new cars???.... I agree with many here, helment stickers should be an NCAA violation. Aren't free cars?