Unt Adds 5Th Committ?

KoldBeer

6'-5", 320 pounds fits the mold we need but I am concerned about his playing experience, or lack of, and non-varsity competition. McCarney should be free to do what he needs to do in recruiting and not be handcuffed.

This one is fine with me, the other OL commit though, who won't come back until 2013 is just puzzling though. We need help now, why waste a ship on a guy who won't even report for two freaking years. It just doesn't make sense to me, not at all.

This one is fine with me, the other OL commit though, who won't come back until 2013 is just puzzling though. We need help now, why waste a ship on a guy who won't even report for two freaking years. It just doesn't make sense to me, not at all.

A ship won't count against us until Rawlinson is actually enrolled and on scholarship. He will effectively be part of the 2013 or '14 class, depending on when he returns.

Intersting commit for sure. May be a bit of a project and take some adjustment time to get here and get acquainted to the speed, physicality, and complexity of the game. Have to love his body though, and I hope he turns out to be an invaluable part of the MEAN GREEN offensive line down the road!

We definitely need some big bodies, and this is a start. I also like us to get these 6'4"+ offensive lineman instead of the 6'2" guys (no offense Kelvin Drake). That is one of the things I have noticed when we play the AQ teams and even the Tulsa's and Troy's of the world is the "length/height" of their players; beginning with the offensive linemen.

Where does it show him as committed? When I click the link it just says offered?

Troy Philips is reporting that he committed prior to McCarney's hiring, but has yet to contact McCarney to confirm the offer is still good. Here's Troy's free article.

Prep coach says massive OT took UNT up on offer

By Troy Phillips, TheMeanGreenReport.com Publisher

I see an offer as well but not a commit. Are we in Bizzaro World? 6' 5' 320? I see 255lbs.

I'm also seeing us as the only team offering him, and with him listed at 255 lbs. Until Vito posts it on his blog and our committment page on Rivals lists him, I will just believe that we have offered.