Gomeangreen.com Section

UNTflyer

• 4 months later...

I thought you said you got season tickets to SMU so you could avoid the GMG nation.

I've seen this before. Two well-meaning jokesters realize how fun it is to mock everything and everything about this board. They antogonize like mad and go from being universally hated to somewhat accepted due to their sheer force of will. Long-time readers might even find themselves giving them props they never expected to give at some of the better placed comments. Things are going well.

Then...something changes. They start posting all the time and weighing in on everything. Without realizing it, they are the ones driving the same banal conversations they showed up to mock. Next, they meet a poster at a game or find out someone they kind of know is already posting. From there, all bets are off. Firefighters shake their hands and tell them they may not always agree, but they are great fans. They meet some more folks at a tailgate and realize they are good people. Finally, they look down and see a 4 digit post count climbing rapidly and realize - gasp- they've gone native.

I'll give you the same advice I tried to give your fathers a little more than two decades ago -- pull out now and slow things down before you get stuck.

• Upvote 7

I've seen this before. Two well-meaning jokesters realize how fun it is to mock everything and everything about this board. They antogonize like mad and go from being universally hated to somewhat accepted due to their sheer force of will. Long-time readers might even find themselves giving them props they never expected to give at some of the better placed comments. Things are going well.

Then...something changes. They start posting all the time and weighing in on everything. Without realizing it, they are the ones driving the same banal conversations they showed up to mock. Next, they meet a poster at a game or find out someone they kind of know is already posting. From there, all bets are off. Firefighters shake their hands and tell them they may not always agree, but they are great fans. They meet some more folks at a tailgate and realize they are good people. Finally, they look down and see a 4 digit post count climbing rapidly and realize - gasp- they've gone native.

I'll give you the same advice I tried to give your fathers a little more than two decades ago -- pull out now and slow things down before you get stuck.

Haha. Thanks for the advice.

What a trip down memory lane you lovable troll.

Nine years (almost), a whopping 1030 posts. It can be done. Think of your post count like a pitch count. Make every one of them count.

Edited by Texas Stranger

Nine years (almost), a whopping 1030 posts. It can be done. Think of your post count like a pitch count. Make every one of them count.

While normally I would agree with that sentiment and it makes perfect sense......if..........you are on a board that has 500 people on it at all times. Content has to be posted...conversations continued...updates and even stupid opinions projected in order to keep the site ahead of oh...say.....any of our competitor's sites in the Sunbelt?

If everyone only posted less than 100 times a year...spread out among all of the forums there are in here....then noone would come to this site since it would be ghost town central.

There are many quiet observing types on this board in droves. What makes them finally plunge and start commenting...I don't know...but I am glad when they do.