If A Wrong Hire Again-Will There Be A Split Down

PlummMeanGreen

I think it is too early to decide. It amazes me that so many people are getting so worked up so early. The process is far from being finished, and there are lots of complexities to the search.

I like the enthusiasm I've seen from Coach Canales, and I know he has a background of working in a program that was built up from nothing to being nationally ranked. The next two games will tell me more about what he can do with the reins.

We have a unique opportunity to be able test drive a Head Coach candidate. I would bet that a lot of the other "candidates" would not be so happy to have to try out like he is doing.

Having said that, I think it's too early to get too wired and in love with any particular candidate, especially if the candidate you are backing has no interest and not even on the short list.

One other thing.....We've noticed People registered under several different screen names and it has become a huge problem.......on both sides of the issue............

We all want what's best for the team and North Texas...... For those of you campaigning heavily for one over the other, you might be hurting your cause more than helping it......

Remember the windmills..........90% of the people didn't care one way or the other....after a huge push by a few posters to change the minds of the 10% detractors, they managed to turn the 10% into 40%.......

sometimes the less you say the better off you are........

gmg........

somewhere DD is finding all of this amusing.....

One other thing.....We've noticed People registered under several different screen names and it has become a huge problem.......on both sides of the issue............

Seriously, if you create multiple socks on a website so you can keep posting your opinion in a way to make your point seem more important or popular, I am going to go ahead and mark you down as epically pathetic.

PMG, are you really one to be asking this question? You're partially responsible for some of that same behavior and even more, you've exhibited some yourself.

Hey! I just sometimes get caught up in the emotion of this board (which can be a very emotional board at times). Sometimes I feel I'm at a Benny Hinn healing service and expect to be slain' and knocked over on my backside when someone refused to catch me, but we Baptist back-sliders turned Methodist don't get into that kind of thing, either.

I have to catch myself before I start supporting Canales since we've seen some 180 degree switch overs before our very eyes, but I keep going back to most all of this board's polls which still say most our alums want a new direction and no, it's not mean't as a "hater" campaign toward Chico, either.

I still like Leavitt as HFC and Canales Assist. HFC/Off. Coord. I see that as a win-win for all concerned and truth be known very well could be Coach Canales' quickest route to a HFC's job than he realistically has now (IMO). He is still a young man.

Now let me get back to reading that New York Times best seller: A Mean Green Book of Etiquette For (Sometimes) Very Mean'nie Posters. Yes, we've all had our rude moments, but sometimes a few posters are merely responding to pot shots when said poster becomes the subject instead of the, uh, subject. Maybe GMG.com needs to come up with a new rule saying: Stick To The Subject Only... Those Attacking Posters of Said Subjects Will Take A 24 Hour Vacation? Of course, that could make for a very dull smack board, too, right? :rolleyes:

My understanding is that it is less than 2 weeks from being finished.

:ph34r:

Yes, this has been mentioned more than once and by more than one person that the goal is to have the hire done by KSU week. If this process truly is a National search there must be a lot of things happening behind the scenes (I hope). :unsure:

The most accurate post of the week!!!

Are you back again? And which one of the sons are you again so we will all know for future reference?

You guys are flattering me with all this attention since I am your typical 6'th generation Texan and (after all) you know we real Texans are known for our humility, right?

SAM Coach you seem to have lost your way several posts ago. What do we have to do to get you back on some topic--any topic? I'm having fun with all this because some on this board don't know when I'm actually being serious or tongue in cheek; well, a handful who actually know me do and are getting some real belly laughs out of every bit of these...........bits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you back again? And which one of the sons are you again so we will all know for future reference?

You guys are flattering me with all this attention since I am your typical 6'th generation Texan and (after all) you know we real Texans are known for our humility, right?

SAM Coach you seem to have lost your way several posts ago. What do we have to do to get you back on some topic--any topic? I'm having fun with all this because some on this board don't know when I'm actually being serious or tongue in cheek; well, a handful who actually know me do and are getting some real belly laughs out of every bit of these...........bits.

Jim don't worry about another Canales, Sam Coach just wants to blow sunshine up our asses, he thinks we are all inbred cowboys.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There have been worse splits in the past on this and all of the other iterations of the board. Hell, we we even split into separate boards for a while. I am sure there will be other fights and hissy fits in the future and if there weren't, the board would be pretty boring. I'm sure we'll all(or at least most) come together after this is done in a couple of weeks and find something else to get riled about. It's the GMG way and I wouldn't have it any other way. So to prepare for the next battle royal:

SOW on the helmet anyone?

What color should we use; Kelly or Forest

Anyone interested in any blue or orange accent colors?

WAC, Conference USA, Mountain West

Can TD give Shanice a ride out of town?

Yes, this has been mentioned more than once and by more than one person that the goal is to have the hire done by KSU week. If this process truly is a National search there must be a lot of things happening behind the scenes (I hope). :unsure:

simular to our national search for a new president?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1