Unt Homecoming Pep Rally On Channel 8

UNTflyer

Want to be on TV? Want to show your Mean Green Spirit?

Channel 8 Daybreak will be hosting a UNT pep rally during their morning show on Friday, October 15th at 5:45 am with UNT alumna, Cynthia Izaguirre.

Students and the entire UNT community are invited to attend. And, on a first-come, first-serve basis, students are invited to get a free bus ride to Victory Plaza that morning at 5 am. If interested, please sign up via https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/99QJKFM.

UNT Pep Rally on Channel 8 Daybreak

Friday, October 15, 2010

5:45 7 am

WFAA Channel 8 Studio in Victory Plaza

606 Young Street, Dallas TX 75202

Get your GREEN on LIVE TV!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if the alumni assn. even knows about this. They should be apprised and send out an email to all their members referencing this even. I would let them know, but I am personna non grata with the alumni assn. right now.

I wonder if the alumni assn. even knows about this. They should be apprised and send out an email to all their members referencing this even. I would let them know, but I am personna non grata with the alumni assn. right now.

drex...drex...you are definitely NOT personna non grata.....give Rob a call and let him know. I'll bet they do what they can to get the word out. In fact, we discussed the great PR Cynthia Izaguirre has been giving HER University lately. In fact, I am going to make Channel 8 my local news station because of her...so long 5, 11 and 4! Way to go Cynthia...a proud alum who is not afraid of showing her pride. FANTASTIC!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Channel 8 Daybreak will be hosting a UNT pep rally during their morning show on Friday, October 15th at 5:45 am with UNT alumna, Cynthia Izaguirre.

Students and the entire UNT community are invited to attend. And, on a first-come, first-serve basis, students are invited to get a free bus ride to Victory Plaza that morning at 5 am. If interested, please sign up via https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/99QJKFM.

Friday, October 15, 2010

bus at 5 am....you gonna needs some promotion and origanization to get folks on the bus at 5am for a pep rally !

Edited by houstonmeangreen

Friday, October 15, 2010

A couple of things:

1. The Victory Plaza Studio is at Victory Plaza, part of the development around the American Airlines Center; here's a map (you'll need to scroll down to the bottom, click on "maps", and make sure you're looking at "map 1"):

WFAA Victory Plaza Studio

WFAA DOES still use its Young street Studio, and I see some shows being broadcast live from there as I walk from Union Station down Young Street to where I work, so there may need to be some clarification here. If it's broadcast from Victory Plaza, it won't be broadcast from 606 Young Street.

2. It was suggested in another post that people take the TRE to this event. The first TRE train of the morning arrives at Victory Station, just across the parking lot from the American Airlines Center (perhaps a five minute walk from "Victory Plaza") at 5:49, and at Union Station (maybe a 5 minute walk from 606 Young Street) at 5:56, so if the live broadcast is at 5:45 a.m., the TRE would not get you there in time.

UNTflyer, Kram1, or anyone needing information about driving to or parking around either of those locations, please send me a PM; if necessary, I'll provide a cell phone number where you can call me. I will help anyway I can; having commuted to downtown Dallas (almost always by TRE for the last 10 years), I know how confusing it can be to go to Downtown Dallas. However, you will miss a lot of traffic going in at that time of morning.

Edited by eulessismore

Good point? Why couldn't they have had the show on campus and ensure a huge turnout, and get to highlight our campus and some of the improvements we've made?

Cuban, The Perots and the other money guys involved in the Victory Plaza development have openly said they want it to be the Times Square of the South. (Hence the giant moving "tv" screens etc.) WFAA studios being there is part of that plan - Think ABC studios in NYC and Good Morning America. WFAA creates "news" events outside their studios all the time to further the cause. Generate foot traffic. Create excitement around the studios etc.

So you could host a shindig in Denton. Send out press releases, hope some news crews come up, shoot a couple of minutes of video and pray it makes the evening news OR you can take the party to them. Have an entire segment produced as well as repeated cutaways to the LIVE event in the plaza each time WFAA cuts to commercial.

Now the school could shoot some B roll of improvements to the campus and the new stadium and supply that to WFAA prior to Friday. WFAA could use that footage to pepper into any segment(s) they may produce/may be producing.

Cuban, The Perots and the other money guys involved in the Victory Plaza development have openly said they want it to be the Times Square of the South. (Hence the giant moving "tv" screens etc.) WFAA studios being there is part of that plan - Think ABC studios in NYC and Good Morning America. WFAA creates "news" events outside their studios all the time to further the cause. Generate foot traffic. Create excitement around the studios etc.

So you could host a shindig in Denton. Send out press releases, hope some news crews come up, shoot a couple of minutes of video and pray it makes the evening news OR you can take the party to them. Have an entire segment produced as well as repeated cutaways to the LIVE event in the plaza each time WFAA cuts to commercial.

Now the school could shoot some B roll of improvements to the campus and the new stadium and supply that to WFAA prior to Friday. WFAA could use that footage to pepper into any segment(s) they may produce/may be producing.

Hey, the school could even provide some video of the UNT Symphony Orchestra, practicing for their pops concert to take place that evening. You know, the one that go TOP BILLING (perhaps due to a well placed email to UNT President Lane Rawlins) when they performed with Van Cliburn and Tim McGraw at the Superbowl LXV kickoff event in September. By the way, there still appear to be a lot of seats available at the MPAC for those wishing to start their homecoming celebration early.