Nt Fans Need To Be Positive

OldTimer

NT held Rice to less 45 points from last year (77 down to 32) I see major improvements here.

NT offense scored 11 points more than last year from 20 to 31 points. Now we see posters calling to fire Dodge...I thought Dodge wasn't calling plays that NT brought in Mike Canales who was to be our solution .

Our players played their hearts out..we lost several players due to injuries before this game and had our QB taken off the field on a streatcher (sp?) I guess if we lose we ought to fire the players and give up on the football program.

Was I disappointed...yes....do I give up no. There are two kinds of people in this world...those who are positive and support our players and team even in times when everything is not going great and those who are negative. I prefer to be positive. you have your choice on how you look at life...you are either positive or negative.

Yes, I know there are improvements needed in certain areas, but that doesn't mean the world is coming to an end or that our players were not trying.

NT held Rice to less 45 points from last year (77 down to 32) I see major improvements here.

NT offense scored 11 points more than last year from 20 to 31 points. Now we see posters calling to fire Dodge...I thought Dodge wasn't calling plays that NT brought in Mike Canales who was to be our solution .

Our players played their hearts out..we lost several players due to injuries before this game and had our QB taken off the field on a streatcher (sp?) I guess if we lose we ought to fire the players and give up on the football program.

Was I disappointed...yes....do I give up no. There are two kinds of people in this world...those who are positive and support our players and team even in times when everything is not going great and those who are negative. I prefer to be positive. you have your choice on how you look at life...you are either positive or negative.

Yes, I know there are improvements needed in certain areas, but that doesn't mean the world is coming to an end or that our players were not trying.

good post. coach Chinco should really lay off the Riley play package in my opinion. I'm truly sad this morning...but next week is a winnable game too.

• Upvote 1

Ditto

This is the same thing you were saying early in year Two of the TD experiment.....even after all th changes....this is where we are at...still the bottom of the barrel!

• Upvote 2

There are no more excuses anyone can use for being 5 - 33. Injuries happen to every team in the country week in and week out , it's part of the game. Nobody is saying the players aren't trying , because they are. That being said I think we beat Army next week and if not TD needs to be shown the door before conference starts

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am positive that Rice is not that good this year.

I am positive we should have won that game last night with lots of points to spare.

I am positive that their are no more moral victories for this team.

Edited by KingDL1

added: The link to Rivals NT showed player problems some of which i was not aware of:

We know Tune left the game on a stretcher...dislocated hip

JJ John O center out with foot injury

both offensive guards lost Drake with a foot injury spelled by Coleman Feeley, Ayodale Adedipe went in for Esteban Santiago who was moved to right guard, TE special team member Greg Brown ...? out with torn anterior ligament..out for the season..

I believe there were other players out just couldn't remember others feel free to add players out with injuries.

I am confident that we will be a purpose driven program with results. I love many things Coach Dodge has done to help progress our program forward. I only wish it would have been with results because that is the only thing missing from really wanting me to have Dodge here for a long time. It is simply time to go get another character guy who can continue moving our program forward AND get results. This is barring a Dickey type miracle turnaround the remainder of this season. GMG

I thought about this after I left the game last night. My initial reaction and thought was "Man that was a good game, sad we lost", the I thought for a second "We are playing so much better now than we have and we look like a different team". But then I stopped myself and said "No, I am not going to make excuses to try to make myself feel better for a game we should have won". We had a few STUPID play calls (riley on 3rd & 2 in our own 15?? - Did they really think he was going to throw the ball when we did the same thing earlier in the game?)

I'm not calling for Dodge's head yet, but I am not going to sit there and accept that we are merely "playing better" than we have in the past 4 years....because truth is we couldn't have played much worse in that time.

I'm not calling for Dodge's head yet, but I am not going to sit there and accept that we are merely "playing better" than we have in the past 4 years....because truth is we couldn't have played much worse in that time.

There are two camps:

1) From the two games I have seen this year, we can be 2-2 heading into our next home game. I will hold off on the hyperbole until we are 0-4.

2) From the two games I have seen this year, we can be 0-4 heading into our next home game. We need to fire him now.

I am with you in the first camp.

I don't want to the team to quit. It is only two games. This is a long season.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin

oh my gosh is that dumpsalot!

on the day when you get a free pass to be doom and gloom I am looking do DD for inspiration and motivation!

It really is a new day in Mean Green land.

DD kidding and thank you for caring for this program as deeply as you do!

GMG

Let's see 5-33 and there were HOW many people at the game last night - 23,000+? Some of you would never be able to handle the big time fan support. Seriously, a 5-32 team plays a home game in a very winnable game and fans are upset and we need to be POSITIVE?

Let's see 5-33 and there were HOW many people at the game last night - 23,000+? Some of you would never be able to handle the big time fan support. Seriously, a 5-32 team plays a home game in a very winnable game and fans are upset and we need to be POSITIVE?

I feel we are one loss away from some fans on here writing their good bye letters.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I feel we are one loss away from some fans on here writing their good bye letters.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

See I disagree - as FFR posted in another thread - we have every reason in the world with a horrible record for people not to show up and support the program, yet we had 23,000 there last night. One or two might write good bye letters, but as they are writting them, 3 or 4 jump on board.

See I disagree - as FFR posted in another thread - we have every reason in the world with a horrible record for people not to show up and support the program, yet we had 23,000 there last night. One or two might write good bye letters, but as they are writting them, 3 or 4 jump on board.

Well, I was only talking about this site in particular. It is a miracle that given our terrible record in the past 6 years, that we can have the 6th largest crowd in Fouts history to open the season.

I am positive that Rice is not that good this year.

I am positive we should have won that game last night with lots points to spare.

I am positive that their are no more moral victories for this team.

I am positive we didn't execute on special teams, bottom line. Is that coaching or players? Are we kicking toward the sidelines by design to corner their returner or is our kicker shanking it? Do we not work on kick protection enough or is it continual mental lapses?

I am positive Riley is faster than average...but not a burner. I'm positive he's a top end athlete...but not a physical specimen. I'm positive he has a niche in this offense...but do we (coaches) know yet what it is? IF Canales really called that ridiculous QB draw three (or was it four?) times I'm positive he needs to wear a piece of string around his finger to remind him it was a mistake.

I'm positive I don't regret a single minute of the 15 hour drives to and from Clemson...and I'm not sure baking in the Fouts lot all Friday night and Saturday was a worthwhile investment. The team I saw in the first game wasn't there last night.

I'm positive coaches don't make plays on the field...and that four years is enough time to teach the players to so.

The new stadium will bring people back no matter what happens this year, and there will be a whole new group of fans who are drawn by it. That's what happened in Orlando at UCF.

• Upvote 2

Well old timer...I have been following UNT since the Fry days in the mid 70's and what I do know is since then we have had two winning runs...Fry for a couple of years aand DD for 4 years...out side of a season or two when we were 1AA we have had nothing at NT except as noted.....This kind of performance would NOT be accepted at any

real legit football program...not even at the Sunbelt Level....It appears UNT has decided to invest more in its football program...new stadium and all...they better demand a winning program if they are to keep the fans, increase the revenue and get in a better conference (which sure doesn't appear to be on the horizon). There should be NO more excuses..not now and not anytime in the future....things are changing too much in the college football world to allow this anymore.

i am positive rice will not finish this season with a winning record eiter so what was gained losing to them? 5-33 is not a positive record for a coach nor a fan base to support such continued play. darn, you will have to start your recruiting blogs all over again when the new coach shows up. :P

I am POSITIVE that Coach Dodge gets 10 more games to win 7 BEFORE I will join the chorus of people calling for his head.

I am POSITIVE that last night was a new season, SOS.

I am POSITIVE that I am commited to see this thing through...no matter if it gets ugly. I NEVER quit.

• Upvote 2