Unt Vs Clemson Watching Parties....all Locations

UNTflyer

What a stong alumni we have !....indeed. We can't even get a few (ie 3+) to get together and watch the massacre on Sat in Houston ! amazing.

so, anyone ? pick your spot and lets cry together as TD leads us to another great game !

Maybe it's YOU. With all the negativity in your post....I wouldn't watch the game with you if we were next door neighbors.

• Upvote 6

Maybe it's YOU. With all the negativity in your post....I wouldn't watch the game with you if we were next door neighbors.

'Twould be interesting to check out houstonmeangreen's family tree, SUMG. He does seem a tad 'over the top' bitter with some of his other posts, too, especially when they concern Todd Dodge. :rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

What a stong alumni we have !....indeed. We can't even get a few (ie 3+) to get together and watch the massacre on Sat in Houston ! amazing.

so, anyone ? pick your spot and lets cry together as TD leads us to another great game !

So, how much effort was put into this? Did you call the Alumni Association for help in getting the word out? Are you even a member of the Alumni Association? Did you contact a local sprorts bar or other suitable location and let it be known where and what time? Did you even post the info here on GMG.com so other Houston-area Alums and fans that read the board would know?

I have posted on here many times letting people know that I would be happy to help provide ideas and contacts in getting an alumni group/chapter together....to date, not one PM.

Bottom line...it "ain't gonna happen" if you sit around and wait on someone else to do the work so you can just show up and complain that the folks who did the work did it all wrong! You want a stronger Alumni base in the Houston area? Great...do something about it other than complain. The Denton Chapter was floundering as well until some great alums got together (on their own) and decided they wanted a better chapter and a stronger chapter. Took some work, took some time...still not 100% there...but it's a darn sight better than it was 3-4 years ago...thank you Joe and Judy Stewart and the other alums who held it together.

But, you may be too busy. It's always easier to complain about the "other guys".

I cannot believe that with a new sason firing up, with a new stadium being built, with record enrollment, new campus facilities, new degree programs, etc., etc. that people still want to focus on the negative so very often whether its the football program, the campus, academics, etc. Some people are just too busy doing nothing that they don't have time for anything it seems! Good Grief.

Why not just stay home and have a "pity party" all by yourself?

Edited by KRAM1

I know everyone's beating up on you, but you're welcome to watch the game with me in my garage. The door has to stay shut, the car will be running and I'll probably be 20 minutes late, but it should be pretty fun regardless.

• Upvote 5

NAILED IT! I can see it now:

"Coach Brown, Coach Brown. Text question from Rudy via All About UNT via 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. What ur sorry excuse 4 coming up short 2day?"

"Well, I think it's clear we were too deep at running back. Tre Newton didn't even start."

"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

Why the hell would I want to text, call, email, or even look at Mack brown?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1