Tcu Announces $105M Stadium Renovation

MeanGreen61

Good for TCU...they have needed to improve their stadium for about as long as UNT has needed to demolish Fouts. Well, not really that long, but still. Congrats to TCU. Now schedule UNT for the home opener of your new stadium!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

What I liked about this was the statement by Gary Patterson that their goal is "to win a national championship." Comes right out and says it.

Well that's because TCU is a BCS team with advantages...wait... well...

Imagine that kind of crazy talk at UNT. I'll personally send in a $1000 check the first time I hear a coach say "our goal is to win a National Championship"

What I liked about this was the statement by Gary Patterson that their goal is "to win a national championship." Comes right out and says it.

He also refused to say it and banned his team from saying it until they made a BCS game last year. Said he wanted to take each step in the pyramid at a reasonable pace or something like that.

• Upvote 2

http://stadium.tcu.edu/default.asp

That doesn't look like $105 million of stadium renovation to me. I just compare it to what we're getting for $78 million (new stadium, including new turf, new video and sound system, new lighting system, 3 locker rooms, ponds, landscaping, driveways, parking lots, etc, etc.) ...we're getting a much better deal.

• Upvote 1

That doesn't look like $105 million of stadium renovation to me. I just compare it to what we're getting for $78 million (new stadium, including new turf, new video and sound system, new lighting system, 3 locker rooms, ponds, landscaping, driveways, parking lots, etc, etc.) ...we're getting a much better deal.

It's more expensive usually to renovate an old stadium typically than to build a brand new one if I'm not mistaken. Unless it's totally demolished and rebuilt brand new. They just did the other side of the stadium last year or year before last and there is no place in that area where a new stadium could be built.

Good for the Frogs the team of DFW!

I'm happy for their recent success and wish them well this year, but if they are the team of DFW, then the best any of us can hope for is about half to 2/3rds of the capacity of Jerry World caring about our team.

It's more expensive usually to renovate an old stadium typically than to build a brand new one if I'm not mistaken. Unless it's totally demolished and rebuilt brand new. They just did the other side of the stadium last year or year before last and there is no place in that area where a new stadium could be built.

Yes, not even a whole stadium renovation for that cost. It is $105 million to redo just the pressbox side plus the north endzone! :o

During the signing day event at Pourhouse , RV said that UNT had the perfect timing for the stadium. We managed to save something like 40 - 50 million dollars because of the time frame in which we did it. Someone can correct me on the exact # , but essentially we got a 120 million dollar stadium for around 80

• Upvote 1

There were only 35 donors that put up $105 mil. That also has to be one of the best looking stadiums in the country when it is done.

I completely agree man. In the end they will have done a major upgrade to their facility to support a top notch football program. I am sure TCU did an analysis of building a new one versus renovating this one. Either way TCU will essentially have a new stadium like just like ours in a couple of years. Good for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1