I Can't Help It - Smu Fans Talking About Unt

MeanGreen61

If you love SMU so much why don't you go marry it?

Or better yet like Grey Eagle One tells us all how they should be shown LOVE after screwing us each decade for half a century. I hope you younger posters have to do business or tolerate some of these arrogant A__Holes in the real world then you'll see how much "respect" they should be shown. They are such an academic giant that when I was in school their COBA was not even accredited. Then they got big bucks for naming rights to their business school from Ed Cox. Only catch was Ed, Jr. was just a wee bit tainted after taking down First National Bank and Republic with some "funny money" commodity trading and did a nice streatch in the state pen for his deeds. :o

Edited by DallasGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why give a crap about what SMU folks say. We can't prevent anything they say or do. We just need to worry about winning football games.

Exactly. Last year, after 7 games, SMU was at 3-4 beating powerhouses SFA and UAB (barely) for two of those. The only thing going for them at that point was that their their starting quarterback was hurt too badly to continue (I know that's brutal to say), and Jones was finally left with no choice but start a Southlake Carroll product, who probably should have been there already.

I think we can reasonably expect to see substantial improvement in the win column with the guy, or guys, who will be quarterbacking for us next season. It's amazing how a good quarterback can make a coach look smart, and all the alums who were talking before about how far down their program was start sounding like smack talking homers.

No one screwed NT in to anything. Ultimately you control your own destiny. It's been decades since they supposedly blocked us from the SWC...so what happened after that? Well going down to D1AA was very nice. Lets blame that on SMU also. We had and still have apathetic alumni...yup its all SMU's fault. Until a few years ago we had worse facilities than the YMCA except for the Super Pit...damn those Ponies its all their fault!! I've been out in the real world for a long time and associate with SMU grads and SMU people and they are no different than anybody else. I've met just as many NT douchers as I have SMU douchers and in the end.....douchery is douchery all across the board.

And when you were in school their COBA wasn't even accredited....WELL WHO GIVES A FLIP? The fact that they turned the corner and funded the hell out of that thing and today whether we like it or not it is a very well recognized and prestigious program.

Because it's easier to blame someone than take responsibility

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

LOL, I guess cash can't buy class. Speaking of class, it was an SMUt doucher who was taunting and cussing some Ghana fans after the World Cup game today. Ghana has nothing, but this numbnuts actually had his taint bruised enough by a Ghana fan that he had to talk crap to him.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Why give a crap about what SMU folks say. We can't prevent anything they say or do. We just need to worry about winning football games.

Exactly! All we need to do is, in a couple of years, march into Ford Stadium and beat the lips off of June's little ponies. :bangin: Amazingly, smack talk by the usual SMUt suspects will drop off dramatically. :shocking:

LOL, I guess cash can't but class. Speaking of class, it was an SMUt doucher who was taunting and cussing some Ghana fans after the World Cup game today. Ghana has nothing, but this numbnuts actually had his taint bruised enough be a Ghana fan that he had to talk crap to him.

Good thing UNT doesn't have any douchers who would ever do anything like that :rolleyes:

The bold part is confusing

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Or better yet like Grey Eagle One tells us all how they should be shown LOVE after screwing us each decade for half a century. I hope you younger posters have to do business or tolerate some of these arrogant A__Holes in the real world then you'll see how much "respect" they should be shown. They are such an academic giant that when I was in school their COBA was not even accredited. Then they got big bucks for naming rights to their business school from Ed Cox. Only catch was Ed, Jr. was just a wee bit tainted after taking down First National Bank and Republic with some "funny money" commodity trading and did a nice streatch in the state pen for his deeds. :o

Unfortunately the days that NT had a superior business school and more specially the best accounting program in Texas are long gone. NT is still competitive but they have definitely lost the edge they once had. I have had a career in finance and information systems mostly in the Dallas area for almost forty years and have had the privilege of working for, with, and employing many SMU grads. I am certainly not stating that my experience in general with SMU grads. has been any better than NT, UT or others alums, but I have not had the issues that you apparently have. SMU is a good not great school and I think it is substantially over priced for the education you get, but I could state that about most privates.

This will not be happening unless we make some serious coaching changes.

Don't underestimate the addition of Coach Chico and an influx of more talented players compared to the last time we visited Ford. Call it blind faith or overimbibing in the green kool-aid, but I believe this is the year we begin the climb to respectability and by the time the SMUt series resumes, we will be putting more talent on the field than our silver spoon friends in University Park.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I'll take my lumps. ;)

Don't underestimate the addition of Coach Chico and an influx of more talented players compared to the last time we visited Ford. Call it blind faith or overimbibing in the green kool-aid, but I believe this is the year we begin the climb to respectability and by the time the SMUt series resumes, we will be putting more talent on the field than our silver spoon friends in University Park.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I'll take my lumps. ;)

I do hope you are right, but as of now June Jones is going to win some recruiting battles.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do hope you are right, but as of now June Jones is going to win some recruiting battles.

What I like about Jones is that he offers every single player in the DFW area who is considered a 4/5 star prospect. Although he might not get them he sets himself up nicely for anyone who wants to transfer back home

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1