Terrorism In Austin?

http://www.kwtx.com/...s/84706667.html#

Very concerning. A clear day, reports that the plane was not in distress, and the crash scene looking like the plane was flown directly into the front doors of the building.

Not jumping to conclusions, but HUGELY concerning.

WAY too early to tell, but seems to me that IF intentional it is more a disgruntled employee or a suicide attempt rather then terrorism. Do we have any idea as yet as to what was housed in the building hit by the plane? Was it in any way governmental offices?

Let's all hope and pray for the best outcome possible here for the injured, etc.

WAY too early to tell, but seems to me that IF intentional it is more a disgruntled employee or a suicide attempt rather then terrorism. Do we have any idea as yet as to what was housed in the building hit by the plane? Was it in any way governmental offices?

Let's all hope and pray for the best outcome possible here for the injured, etc.

First report was FBI offices, but now has been changed to IRS. Some media outlets are reporting that the pilot of the plane set his own house on fire before deliberately flying the plane into the building.

This looks like a deliberate act of terrorism, just not the kind that we all think about.

This software sucks in IE.

Can't edit hyperlinks. Table alignment and java makes much content illegible.

This PC is a work 'puter and can't be upgraded or changed re: the browser.

here is href to another writeup:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/austin-plane-crash-office_n_467264.html

incoming Tweets:

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=plane+crash+near%3Aaustin

Just how "small" was this plane? That's a heck of a lot of damage for a 2 or 4 seater.

Remember the initial reports from 9/11 about a light plane crashing into the trade centers?

The damage just doesn't equate with a "small" plane.

From the damage, looks like maybe a Lear Jet of some type?

Edited by UNT90

Just how "small" was this plane? That's a heck of a lot of damage for a 2 or 4 seater.

Remember the initial reports from 9/11 about a light plane crashing into the trade centers?

The damage just doesn't equate with a "small" plane.

From the damage, looks like maybe a Lear Jet of some type?

Actually it seems like it was a small plane, but with possible explosives involved as well.

Very sad...after reading the note, I wonder if the guy thinks his actions and decisions had even a little bit to do with the fixes he seemed to always find himself in? So, he's mad at the IRS and the "government" and he sets his house on fire with his wife and kid inside? Then, he gets in his own private plane and flies it into the building housing some IRS offices??????

Sad.....I hope the injury list is small and all are going to be OK...

Very sad...after reading the note, I wonder if the guy thinks his actions and decisions had even a little bit to do with the fixes he seemed to always find himself in? So, he's mad at the IRS and the "government" and he sets his house on fire with his wife and kid inside? Then, he gets in his own private plane and flies it into the building housing some IRS offices??????

Sad.....I hope the injury list is small and all are going to be OK...

Trying to read that was... trying. Here a conspiracy, there a conspiracy, everywhere a conspiracy. I wonder if he really thought killing a couple of under 50K a year grunts was the answer to the country's problems.

I don't think this qualifies. He didn't achieve a goal, and if he did, then he sees no benefit. He, seemingly, acted alone. He did not advance an agenda. This was an act of revenge, pure and simple.

Do not be mistaken. This was a terrorist act. Throw him in the pile with Tim McVeigh. The definition that was given earlier perfectly describes what this was.

Edited by Green Guy Bass
  • Upvote 2

Do not be mistaken. This was a terrorist act. Throw him in the pile with Tim McVeigh. The definition that was given earlier perfectly describes what this was.

But, but, but...I thought one had to be wearing a turban and beard whilst clutching a copy of The Qu'ran for it to be terrorism...?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just because his attempted act of violence didn't result in the mass-casualties he had hoped for doesn't mean this wasn't an act of terror with an agenda. He alluded to himself following in the footsteps of other patriots hoping others might follow suit. He doesn't need to advance an agenda; his intent is what matters.

This was an act of terror, plain and simple. It was an attack against an agency of the United States of America. It was meant to provoke fear and it was meant to make a statement.

In my opinion, it accomplished neither, however he will forever be remembered as a complete and total dickhead.

I feel sorry for the family he leaves behind and the families that were affected by his inability to deal with life's routine frustrations.

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 4

I feel sorry for the family he leaves behind and the families that were affected by his inability to deal with life's routine frustrations.

I don't feel sorry for the family he left behind. They call him a hero!

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022210dntexpilotdaughter.e7bb29.html