So Miss Vs Mtsu

NT03

Damn, Dasher is an athlete. The MUTS are really into it and the fans are going nuts. This is the number 2 Sun Belt team dominating a pretty good Southern Miss team. Next up, Troy to take on the MAC champ. Maybe the Belt can get some respect in this bowl season (at least from our own fans).

After the Cowboy win I don't think nothing is impossible!

Awesome win for the Belt! Boy do we have some work to do! Troy and MTSU are the measuring sticks in this league and we must get better fast to compete for beignets in 2010.

WOW I was impressed and loved watching Southerm Miss take it on the chin after they have given it to many of our brethren and us before.

GMG

Just heard from KajunRaider at the game. Their going crazy and having the time of their lives.

Congrats to the Blue Raiders for winning the New Orleans Bowl, 42-32.

Rick

Good for them. They will have Bourbon Street all to themselves to party tonight.

Congratulations Middle Tennessee!!! You've waited a long time for this night.

Conference records in this game(as we all know this was the first year a school that was the champion, either outright or c-champ) didn't go to this game.

CUSA 4-4

Sunbelt 4-5

MWC 1-0

Unfortunately 3 of those 5 losses are from North Texas. Only one of the 4 wins are from us. Looks like the rest of the Belt has done a pretty good job of playing in this game... hmmm, and why are we so much better than the Belt?

In retrospect, it is really amazing the way the game has evolved to accommodate dual-threat QBs. A decade ago, coaches didn't really know how to capitalize on it. I can recall players like Kordel Stewart who wowed people and had a decent career in the NFL. Just not a ton of wins (don't remember how his Colorado teams fared).

But last night we saw a MUTS team beat a pretty decent Southern Miss squad. If you had asked me going into the game what my prediction was, I would have thought an incredible WR and stout RB would be enough to win. That USM back has been tearing it up in CUSA for years (as if the announcers' hyperbole didn't give it away.)

Coaches are figuring out ways to use these QBs and win with them.

Big congratulations to the Blue Raiders.

Edited by greenminer

Hey, congrats to the Blue Raiders. It's nice for the SBC as well to have won the game. Can UNT beat the Blue raiders next season? Of course, that's why they play the game..ask Tony Dungy about making predictions that one team or another has "no chance" for victory.

Again, congrats to the Blue Raiders...looked grim when they were down 14-0, but really out played So. Miss the rest of the way...nicely done. I hope the Blue Raiders enjoyed NO and I hope the team will eat way too much great Cajun food so they will be fat and slow when UNT plays them next season. :lol:

NO WE SHOULD FORFEIT NOW!!!!!!!!

mister defeatest, probably said the cowboys will never beat the saints either guy

REAL MEN OF GENIUS

WHY do you even post or follow this team? seriously

Perhaps he meant "Anyway, we can beat this team next year"

That sounds pretty positive to me.

Nice crowd. I wonder what the ESPN viewership rating was for this game? How many people were watching?

If you weren't watching you missed a gutsy performance by Dasher, and you could see how a "real" hurry up offense runs. Very few "looks to the sideline" just line 'em up and go. USM was gassed in the 4th. With Dasher returning and the frosh who came in to throw a TD, it will be a long day in the ' Boro next year with "Pick Six" running our offense.