Next Year's Schedule

untfan813

Our non-conference 4 teams were announced back in July and the other 8 games will be sun belt ones, so what's the chance dodge has the +.500 record next year?

Non-conference

@ Clemson

vs. Rice

@ Army

vs. Kansas State

Conference

Middle Tennessee State

Arkansas State

Western Kentucky

Troy

Florida International

Florida Atlantic

Louisiana-Lafayette

Louisiana-Monroe

I honestly have faith in the program, but its not going to be an easy one next year.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...&SPSID=9058

Our non-conference 4 teams were announced back in July and the other 8 games will be sun belt ones, so what's the chance dodge has the +.500 record next year?

Non-conference

@ Clemson

vs. Rice

@ Army

vs. Kansas State

Conference

Middle Tennessee State

Arkansas State

Western Kentucky

Troy

Florida International

Florida Atlantic

Louisiana-Lafayette

Louisiana-Monroe

I honestly have faith in the program, but its not going to be an easy one next year.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...&SPSID=9058

if ksu pulls out, like they are rumored too, the schedule gets a bit easier. i can actually see a 3 and 1 record out of conference. nt should have beat army, rice is down, and a replacement for ksu will probably be a lower level d1 team....north texas should win that as well. it's going to be a great year!

if ksu pulls out, like they are rumored too, the schedule gets a bit easier. i can actually see a 3 and 1 record out of conference. nt should have beat army, rice is down, and a replacement for ksu will probably be a lower level d1 team....north texas should win that as well. it's going to be a great year!

Doesn't get much easier than last years schedule. Army was under a 1st year coach , a freshman QB and had to travel. Why should we beat them this time around on the road ? Rice is down ..... as much as us u think ? They won 2 out of their last 3 , one vs UTEP. Something I highly doubt we could of done at the end of the year

We have won 2 games out of 33 against team not named WkU & your saying we should win 3 out 4 out the gate. I really , really , really wish I could drink the same kool aid you do

Edited by NT03

Doesn't get much easier than last years schedule. Army was under a 1st year coach , a freshman QB and had to travel. Why should we beat them this time around on the road ? Rice is down ..... as much as us u think ? They won 2 out of their last 3 , one vs UTEP. Something I highly doubt we could of done at the end of the year

We have won 2 games out of 33 against team not named WkU & your saying we should win 3 out 4 out the gate. I really , really , really wish I could drink the same kool aid you do

Yep, Rice was starting a lot of 1st year guys and actually got better as the year progressed. I doubt we schedule a D1AA team if K St. pulls out. We may be 1-3 coming out of OC play. If we schedule a decent D1A opponent, very possibly 0-4.

Edited by UNT90

Yep, Rice was starting a lot of 1st year guys and actually got better as the year progressed. I doubt we schedule a D1AA team if K St. pulls out. We may be 1-3 coming out of OC play. If we schedule a decent D1A opponent, very possibly 0-4.

I think if we can get Rice in here to kickoff the season we have a good chance , but I think we start off in Clemson and get rollled I'm worried just what mite that do to these kids confidence.

Ideal start would be a Rice win @ home , loss @ Clemson , come back home to play Texas Southern to get confidence back up , then @ Army or start conference play

Edited by NT03

I think if we can get Rice in here to kickoff the season we have a good chance , but I think we start off in Clemson and get rollled I'm worried just what mite that do to these kids confidence.

Ideal start would be a Rice win @ home , loss @ Clemson , come back home to play Texas Southern to get confidence back up , then @ Army or start conference play

I think the Rice game will be competetive, but far from a "just put it in the win column" game/

Better be careful about which D1AA team you schedule if you are worried about this teams confidence. There are a couple in state that may have beat us this year.

Lets bring Montana to Fouts!!!

Believe it or not Montana for some reason has a big alumni group in Dallas. One saturday I went to fox and hound in Carrolton to watch some games and they had a watch party. I bet there were 200 people there just for Montana.

Montana would probably beat us by 3 touchdowns

i do wish that rv would bring a 1aa team to fouts to replace k.state. the major conference schools do it with regularity, and even smu played sfa this season. this would give td a much better chance to be 7&5, which would be great for our program going into our new stadium. its not as much about td to me as it is having a winning season our last year in fouts.

i do wish that rv would bring a 1aa team to fouts to replace k.state. the major conference schools do it with regularity, and even smu played sfa this season. this would give td a much better chance to be 7&5, which would be great for our program going into our new stadium. its not as much about td to me as it is having a winning season our last year in fouts.

That made me wonder about the first season in Fout's, which I understand to be fall 1952.

UNT1952.png

Looks like we went 7 & 3 the first season in Fout's under Odus Mitchell, we will need to win 8.4 for the games next season to match that percentage, call it 8.

I find us playing Carswell AFB interesting was there an Academy at Carswell in the 50's? Just wondering this one has me scratching my head.

If there are no changes to the schedule, he can get the "magic 7" in conference, and not have to sweat the OOC. I don't see us winning OOC games right now, sorry. I doubt RV is going to use the Kan St or Clemson games as a measuring stick. Agree with '03 that Rice and Army are not sure wins. I am more concerned with how we do against our own conference, that should be the guage as to the progress we do or don't make.

if we are going to schedule weak opponents just to get wins how about scheduling some local high schools that would bring fans too?

Yea....lets get a couple of div 2 or 3 schools to play....eventually we can get to a point where Dodge can 5-6 games...We could make the other team play in skirts and bobbie socks.

if we are going to schedule weak opponents just to get wins how about scheduling some local high schools that would bring fans too?

look at the major conferences. they all schedule down for a "w" and increased revenue. why do you think we are on the football schedule of schools such as texas,okla,alabama,lsu,clemson? for our drawing power or our competative team? now that i think about it , probably the increase in t.v. ratings.

look at the major conferences. they all schedule down for a "w" and increased revenue. why do you think we are on the football schedule of schools such as texas,okla,alabama,lsu,clemson? for our drawing power or our competative team?

But UNT is not a "sellout all games" school like the ones that schedule down and can still draw mega fans. Playing a Kansas State would draw 25K+ to Fouts, not so much for playing SFA.

Edited by NT80

But UNT is not a "sellout all games" school like the ones that schedule down and can still draw mega fans. Playing a Kansas State would draw 25K+ to Fouts, not so much for playing SFA.

in 1994 we drew 20,000 fans to both mcneese state and montana home games, and we were in southland conference then. probably helped that we won slc title that year, but i think we could draw same number playing sfa or texas state. after all, the sun belt is no more than a glorified 1aa conference.