Texas A & M (12/7/09)

CMJ

oK , so I just got home. So this may have been already mentioned , but we are a much much much better team when White plays the point with a pass 1st mind.

No1 in chat ??

You mean when a point guard plays like a point guard teams play well?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great effort from the Green... that run by A&M in the first half was the game changer... we were really only 1 player away from an upset... we just needed that reliable 3 shot and it could have gone either way...

Down big early, rally to make the game seem closer than it is... Just sayin.

TAM is a really good team, and I think the guys gave it all they had.

Agree to disagree. I don't think we were ever down by more than 20 were we ? Scores in BB are much different than FB. This is a game of runs. Let's just say 10 points is like a touchdown. If we were down say , 20 that's just 2 TDs... nothing really. Score , next possession a pick 6 , whole new ball game.

If we played the 16th ranked team in football , the game would be over by the end of the 1st quarter. Let's say we played Pitt or whoever , they would beat us by however many they wanted. 60,70... whatever they felt like. We play them 10 times , they beat us 10 times by 50+

Now this game , that's only 5 shots that just happended to rim out. We play this team 10 times , we stand a chance to win 1 or 2 with all games being within a 10pt ranges That's really nothing at all.

Agree to disagree. I don't think we were ever down by more than 20 were we ? Scores in BB are much different than FB. This is a game of runs. Let's just say 10 points is like a touchdown. If we were down say , 20 that's just 2 TDs... nothing really. Score , next possession a pick 6 , whole new ball game.

If we played the 16th ranked team in football , the game would be over by the end of the 1st quarter. Let's say we played Pitt or whoever , they would beat us by however many they wanted. 60,70... whatever they felt like. We play them 10 times , they beat us 10 times by 50+

Now this game , that's only 5 shots that just happended to rim out. We play this team 10 times , we stand a chance to win 1 or 2 with all games being within a 10pt ranges That's really nothing at all.

We were down 19 at one point. Just a cheap comment on being down big at half and then closing to a more respectable score toward the end, although you would have to agree that this game was never in doubt in the 2nd half.

Just left over football angst, I guess.

I thought this was by far the best played game of the year from the short-handed Green. Tremial and Odufuwu played with the big guys from A&M despite a very loosely called game on the inside. I think we really missed Hogans tonight. Holman has got to mature quickly because the front court subs are a current weakness of this team. Better 3 point shooting could have changed this game as could a healthy Mangrum or Johnson. White continues to play well. He gets some criticism on this board, but I don't think many are recognizing he is the focus of the opponents' defense. I fell better about this team than I have all year, hopefully they are beginning to come together. As an aside, Jim Haller is a great analyst on these games. He is fair and does his homework on both teams.