Derek Thompson...

EastTexasMG

This is why the announcement should have been made on Monday and we should have had this game played under an interim coach. This is Dickey all over again, only Dickey didn't play Nathan Tune at the end of 2006 out of spite or stupidity.

Bitch all you want about black jerseys, but I'm more upset about red shirts. Absolutely ridiculous.

We have 1:50 left in a season where we're 2-9 and down two scores with a LAME DUCK COACH. So naturally, we burn a redshirt we've been sitting on all year just so we can still fail to come back.

Unreal. What an electrifying and ultimately irrelevant drive. I'm glad it just cost us an entire season of Derek Thompson.

What's the silver lining? Now, under next year's coach, we'll have a sophomore with two minutes of game experience to start at QB?

or tune is hurt, like george has said

I don't care who is hurt. Darius and Mathis i think were both QB's in high school. Dodge just screwed the poor kid out of a year of his collegiate career for one freaking series in a lost cause. The jerk is going scorched earth. If I were the kids father I'd punch him in his nose. Classless. Absolutely classless.

Edited by Green P1

or tune is hurt, like george has said

So you put in Bain. I think Dodge knows he is gone and this is a way of taking a parting shot. Really no other explanation for putting him in in an unwinnable game.

If it was intentional, Dodge should be gone for being plain stupid!

Chase Baine didn't make the trip, they said on the radio. Anyone have any information as to why?

I'm not upset about Derek Thompson's shirt being burned - Todd Dodge got to see what it looks like to have his offense directed by a quarterback who can see over his offensive linemen! Maybe he learned something from it. I doubt it...but, maybe.

do you really think dodge is that big of a richard cranium to burn a kids shirt just to say eff you to north texas????

as for thompson, maybe he wanted to play and never planned on being at north texas for 5 years. isn't college about getting in, having fun, and getting out, not staying an extra year just to play football??? i didn't play sports in college, so i don't know.

So you put in Bain. I think Dodge knows he is gone and this is a way of taking a parting shot. Really no other explanation for putting him in in an unwinnable game.

If it was intentional, Dodge should be gone for being plain stupid!

Baine was not on the trip. I didn't see him in uniform for the Army game either.

do you really think dodge is that big of a richard cranium to burn a kids shirt just to say eff you to north texas????

as for thompson, maybe he wanted to play and never planned on being at north texas for 5 years. isn't college about getting in, having fun, and getting out, not staying an extra year just to play football??? i didn't play sports in college, so i don't know.

I've met and talked to his parents.

They never expected him to play a single second this year, and they were glad he was getting a season to learn. You're wrong on this one.

Chase Baine didn't make the trip, they said on the radio. Anyone have any information as to why?

I'm not upset about Derek Thompson's shirt being burned - Todd Dodge got to see what it looks like to have his offense directed by a quarterback who can see over his offensive linemen! Maybe he learned something from it. I doubt it...but, maybe.

Three years we have failed to learn the TE, FB or the play from under center - surely you don't believe he learned anything from Thompson?

I don't care who is hurt. Darius and Mathis i think were both QB's in high school. Dodge just screwed the poor kid out of a year of his collegiate career for one freaking series in a lost cause. The jerk is going scorched earth. If I were the kids father I'd punch him in his nose. Classless. Absolutely classless.

Classless or clueless. In either case, Tasty is right. He should have been fired during the week. I'd certainly fire him now. RIGHT NOW.

I didn't think there was any reason to fire Dodge during the week because I didn't think Dodge would do something to damage the program or one of the kids. Just wait until after the last game. This is simply shocking.

I've met and talked to his parents.

They never expected him to play a single second this year, and they were glad he was getting a season to learn. You're wrong on this one.

he still learned this season!!!! just by him playing one series doesn't change that. so know he only gets three more years of college...no biggie.

javia hall should be here next year and if he's as good as advertised, thompson won't be playing much.