New Coaching Fund

shaft

I asked this question a few years ago when people were bagging on Dickey and I never really got an answer.

Is there any way to set up a "new coach" fund through some type of a official school organization?

The fund would be used as signing bonus for the new coach?

I've stopped giving to the University until they correct the coaching mistake, but I would gladly give the official new coaching fund.

I asked this question a few years ago when people were bagging on Dickey and I never really got an answer.

Is there any way to set up a "new coach" fund through some type of a official school organization?

I've stopped giving to the University until they correct the coaching mistake, but I would gladly give the official new coaching fund.

Give to another favorite charity; there's lots of folks out there needing real help.

Most fair weather supporters find a reason to withhold their support. Are you sure you wouldn't find a reason to stop giving to the coaches fund if there were one ?

Give to academics and specifically tell RV you're pulling funding from Athletics for the above reasons.

That's the spirit.......your university thanks you for your interest. Why is giving the the university contingent upon the football team's win-loss record?

What about giving to Athletics to support other sports? I believe you can ask them to direct your funds if you really so choose. My parents used to give to the track team so they could buy shoes for the kids(those guys run through a bunch of them in a season).

Why have with held donations to the school? Because I think the Head Coach is a disaster, and money is the only thing that gets the administration's attention.

I also love all the sniping and bashes on me about sitting on my wallet, but the board goes silent when the moderator say's he did the same thing. (

A new coach fund would be a constructive way for disenfranchised fans to contribute; instead of having donations dwindle or a site like firedodge.com or flying a banner over a home game.

When people started grumbling about Dickey, I said we should have a new coaching fund so people could put their money where there mouth is.

I think its time we do this for Dodge.

Why have with held donations to the school? Because I think the Head Coach is a disaster, and money is the only thing that gets the administration's attention.

I also love all the sniping and bashes on me about sitting on my wallet, but the board goes silent when the moderator say's he did the same thing. (

A new coach fund would be a constructive way for disenfranchised fans to contribute; instead of having donations dwindle or a site like firedodge.com or flying a banner over a home game.

When people started grumbling about Dickey, I said we should have a new coaching fund so people could put their money where there mouth is.

You are so full of it shaft, go push your BS elsewhere. You have never given to this program Dodge or not. Go crawl back under a rock.

A few things:

1.) You say $$ is the only thing that gets the administration's attention. You are 100% right about that--which is why our Athletic Department has been WOEFULLY UNDERFUNDED for a university our size for going on FOREVER. Our alumni have never given at a level to get their attention--you know kind of like you are doing. So you claiming to withhold dollars to send a point is about as dumb a post as I have ever read. You realize that the administration would be swayed GREATLY by $$$ if they actually have it. Heck, it could even sway some music and arts BORs to pay attention to the football program if they had money that was ear-marked for athletics. Whether its you or a moderator that is doing that, you are hurting the overall athletic department, especially track, soccer, volleyball, tennis, etc.

2.) A new coaching fund isn't coming from a bunch of spares on an internet board. Oh sure, this board can get togehter to feed the team or do some repairs around the facilities, but they aren't going to come up with $450,000 to buy out a contract for the AD. Trust me, if they could, this program would be in the Big XII today--we would have never been a 1-aa team, nor would we be in the SBC. That buyout comes from the university's administration and BOR, not anyone else. You may get lucky in that next year will be Dodge's last year unless he gets us to a bowl game. The university cannot afford to fire him now, but they aren't going to extend a contract that ends in 2011, unless 2010 is a huge year. With the new stadium coming in two years, the increased revenue will help get the new coach hired and pay for the buyout of the reminaing year.

Non-arguments all the way around.

1. A new coaching fund would get the administration and coaches attention.

-the fund isn't a buy out fund, its a signing bonus of a new coach

2. Giving to the stadium fund or volleyball entrenches the current unacceptable coaching situation.

-one of the reasons DD was booted was he didn't rally the fan base and significantly increase giving to the program.

Now back to the original question, what can we do to set up a new coaching fund?

Non-arguments all the way around.

1. A new coaching fund would get the administration and coaches attention.

-the fund isn't a buy out fund, its a signing bonus of a new coach

2. Giving to the stadium fund or volleyball entrenches the current unacceptable coaching situation.

-one of the reasons DD was booted was he didn't rally the fan base and significantly increase giving to the program.

Now back to the original question, what can we do to set up a new coaching fund?

I thought you might find this interesting, shaft. I spoke with one my friends today that happens to be a media member here in town. Recently, he spoke to some of the folks within the AD about Dodge's future and what he has learned. First off, they talked about the learning curve that was really steep in those first two years on this level of play. Dodge admitted that he had to make changes to his staff and did so. The AD has said that this year is ALL ABOUT BEING COMPETITIVE, that the record is secondary--whether you agree with this stance or not, this is where the AD stands today. This is where your brain will probably explode and it doesn't make me feel better about things either at our alma mater, but the stated goal for 2010 is to win 4-5 games, with 2011 in a new stadium as the goal to make a bowl game. The folks within the AD have said that the MONEY is just not there to make a change now nor next year either. That isn't coming from me, this is coming from the folks within the AD talking bluntly to a media member. As I have said all along, this thing boils down to cash, as it always does. You can start a new coaching fund, but it better grow fast, because the university ain't talking about changes. BTW, the folks in the AD that he spoke with said that RV truly believes that Dodge will need all 5 years of his contract to get us competitive again. You all can take it for what it is worth, but if I were you shaft, I would either raise a lot of cash fast ot probably take a step back from the program. Otherwise, your sanity will probably be completely drained, if it hasn't been already based on your posts. As for me, this all really didn't surprise me one bit. No money means no change, at least for now anyway.

I thought you might find this interesting, shaft. I spoke with one my friends today that happens to be a media member here in town. Recently, he spoke to some of the folks within the AD about Dodge's future and what he has learned. First off, they talked about the learning curve that was really steep in those first two years on this level of play. Dodge admitted that he had to make changes to his staff and did so. The AD has said that this year is ALL ABOUT BEING COMPETITIVE, that the record is secondary--whether you agree with this stance or not, this is where the AD stands today. This is where your brain will probably explode and it doesn't make me feel better about things either at our alma mater, but the stated goal for 2010 is to win 4-5 games, with 2011 in a new stadium as the goal to make a bowl game. The folks within the AD have said that the MONEY is just not there to make a change now nor next year either. That isn't coming from me, this is coming from the folks within the AD talking bluntly to a media member. As I have said all along, this thing boils down to cash, as it always does. You can start a new coaching fund, but it better grow fast, because the university ain't talking about changes. BTW, the folks in the AD that he spoke with said that RV truly believes that Dodge will need all 5 years of his contract to get us competitive again. You all can take it for what it is worth, but if I were you shaft, I would either raise a lot of cash fast ot probably take a step back from the program. Otherwise, your sanity will probably be completely drained, if it hasn't been already based on your posts. As for me, this all really didn't surprise me one bit. No money means no change, at least for now anyway.

My head just exploded after reading this. :angry::lol:

untjim, thanks for giving us the inside information. Deep down, I knew RV was going to let his little experiment play out, at NT's expense. Why else would RV give an undeserved high school coach an almost guaranteed 5 year deal??? When Dodge completes his sleeper hold & then head first pile driver of NT Football, RV should get hit with the chair and then thrown over the turn buckle into unemployment.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

untjim, thanks for giving us the inside information. Deep down, I knew RV was going to let his little experiment play out, at NT's expense. Why else would RV give an undeserved high school coach an almost guaranteed 5 year deal??? When Dodge completes his head first pile driver of NT Football, RV should get hit with the chair and then thrown over the turn buckle into unemployment.

You're just pissed we didn't hire Deion. He left the office so confidently, but the phong never rang.

untjim, thanks for giving us the inside information. Deep down, I knew RV was going to let his little experiment play out, at NT's expense. Why else would RV give an undeserved high school coach an almost guaranteed 5 year deal??? When Dodge completes his sleeper hold & then head first pile driver of NT Football, RV should get hit with the chair and then thrown over the turn buckle into unemployment.

I don't recall a lot of folks bitchin' and moaning when TD was hired with a 5 year contract. Yes times change, but the posters on this board seemed to be overwhelmingly in favor of TD and the terms of his hire.

You not giving support is not going to change anyone's mind. You trying to raise funds in your spare time is not going to attract enough money.

So the question is, what really would influence the school administration, trustees, congresspeople, etc. who can actually affect the outcome? We don't have real money. They don't love or even desire us (alas). What's left? Fear?