Unt Lands Transfer

Brett Vito

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you see transfer information in this blog report? I couldn't find it.

GMG

From blog:

William Cole, a former Cedar Hills standout who played last season at Oklahoma State, has enrolled at UNT.

He was recruited as a wide receiver. He will sit out this season and will then have two years of eligibility remaining.

I will have some more thoughts on Cole and some additional news later on. Check back on the blog.

From blog:

Thanks for your reply. 2010 looks very promising so far. We will have Stratford, Cole from Ok St and Herron from Smu.

It looks very promising indeed! The hounds will be unleashed in 2010. I still have hopes for a competetive year for 2009 too.

GMG

There was a hint of this earlier on the board.........nice to see that it has been confirmed. Here's the thread where someone out of the blue.....just mentions his name:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48199

Oh and methinks this is a huge get. Way to go TD and company....and welcome aboard William!

Edited by SUMG

HUGE transfer!!! This kid was a stud in HS!

I'm really getting excited for how this team is starting to shape up. We are getting some legit talent here, TD and staff are doing a great job. Riley is going to have some serious weapons at his disposal for the next several years.

Edited by H-towngreen

I am curious, though it is more of a curiousity than anything - We love getting transfers in regardless of why they left, but Vizza is a jerk and we don't want him since he decided to transfer from us?

Simply (to me anyway)....it's a matter of wanting those WHO WANT TO BE HERE......and not wanting those WHO DON'T WANT TO BE HERE.

OMG! William Cole is the highest ranked recruit at NT since Milton Collins in 1978! If he recovers from his injury, he would be the best Wildcat QB in America! Many felt that Cole was the clear class 5A POY instead of Riley Dodge. This is huge for this program!!

I don't think the North Texas fans quite know what they have received in this transfer. A&M, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arizona, Kansas, and Oklahoma State were all competing for this kid's commitment for a reason. They didn't all just offer the kid, they were all busting their humps to get him. The Horn fans on the Texas board were forecasting that Mack Brown would quickly regret not getting this kid. He's a phenomenal athlete, if healthy, he's a game breaker on the national level.

William Cole Video

Whoa!!!!!!!

Edited by ADLER

I'll go ahead and ask, because I'm legitimately curious and I'd like to know sooner rather than later...

Is he still capable and/or interested in playing Quarterback?

If things go very badly this year (insert all the obligatory and honest "I hope we win them all" sentiments) and we end up with a new coach, it's distinctly possible we'll need a new QB, too. I know we're all loving Javia Hall, but a 3rd new QB in 4 years... It'd be nice to have someone a little more developed and with a year under his belt on our campus.

Is he a WR only, or is this a potential QB should we need one?

Simply (to me anyway)....it's a matter of wanting those WHO WANT TO BE HERE......and not wanting those WHO DON'T WANT TO BE HERE.

Thank you for putting it in terms we ALL can understand.

I think I read that he blew out his knee. Maybe he moved too far down the depth chart? Maybe he got down and started missing home, I mean he was in Oklahoma.

I'll go ahead and ask, because I'm legitimately curious and I'd like to know sooner rather than later...

Is he still capable and/or interested in playing Quarterback?

If things go very badly this year (insert all the obligatory and honest "I hope we win them all" sentiments) and we end up with a new coach, it's distinctly possible we'll need a new QB, too. I know we're all loving Javia Hall, but a 3rd new QB in 4 years... It'd be nice to have someone a little more developed and with a year under his belt on our campus.

Is he a WR only, or is this a potential QB should we need one?

Jerk

Guest GrayEagleOne

This is phenominal. If he doesn't turn out to be the best receiver in Texas I'll be surprised. If Carey does as well this year as I think and Stradford is as advertised, this could also be the best receiving corps in Texas in a couple of years.

The beauty about having other good receivers is that they can't key on Cole or the others will eat them alive. It's a good situation for us and I hope that it's a good situation for him. I smell a first round draft choice.

Viva la Cedar Hill!

Thank you for putting it in terms we ALL can understand.

I think I read that he blew out his knee. Maybe he moved too far down the depth chart? Maybe he got down and started missing home, I mean he was in Oklahoma.

Stillwater, Oklahoma........Not exactly the garden spot of the Sooner state.

This is phenominal. If he doesn't turn out to be the best receiver in Texas I'll be surprised. If Carey does as well this year as I think and Stradford is as advertised, this could also be the best receiving corps in Texas in a couple of years.

The beauty about having other good receivers is that they can't key on Cole or the others will eat them alive. It's a good situation for us and I hope that it's a good situation for him. I smell a first round draft choice.

Viva la Cedar Hill!

Let's tap the brakes just a bit for now