Unt Lands Transfer

Brett Vito

I remember watching this kid on TV a couple of times. Amazing moves. But really not a throwing QB from what I recall. Probably more like Hamilton, Mayberry, etc. Run first and pass second. This offense, despite its use of the run, really does rely on quick, accurate throws. Cole will make a great addition to this team. But perhaps no better a QB prospect that the other 8 or so high school QBs we have on the roster.

He would make a dangerous WR, but don't discount him ending up on defense either.

He rushed for 2,966 yds and pased for more than 1600 yds.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stillwater, Oklahoma...a small town that LOVES...absolutely LOVES the local University and all things OSU. A town that turned out over 7000 (population54,000) for this year's fan appreciation day and that sells 40,000+ tickets to each home game a town that had over 300 show up for the first practice in pads (I was there, so I saw the crowd 1st hand). And, by the way, there is NO garden spot in all of Oklahoma!

If only Denton would support the Mean Green to half the extent Stillwater does its Cowboys! Ever been to Stillwater on Game Day? It's the type of atmosphere that i think denton should have...businesses flying OSU flags, windows painted, people all over campus, people packed into all the OSU campus shops and restaurants, etc., etc. And, by the way, the hotels/motels are packed...seems a good tax revenue day to me for Denton to consider.

GO MEAN GREEN!

You can't equate the two even though we wish it were true. Getting to play OU, KU, K-State, Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou, and Iowa State for all of those years is very similar to what Tech got in Lubbock with annual games against the old SWC. It is very easy to get interest and huge support with those guys on the schedule. Having ULM, FIU, FAU, WKU, etc. on your schedule doesn't exacly make alumni that have never really cared before about UNT now suddenly change their mind. Now if UNT starts winning and gets in a regional conference with teams people have heard of far many decades, then you might get your wishes of having Denton look a little more like Stillwater than it does right now. Until then, apples and oranges.

You can't equate the two even though we wish it were true. Getting to play OU, KU, K-State, Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou, and Iowa State for all of those years is very similar to what Tech got in Lubbock with annual games against the old SWC. It is very easy to get interest and huge support with those guys on the schedule. Having ULM, FIU, FAU, WKU, etc. on your schedule doesn't exacly make alumni that have never really cared before about UNT now suddenly change their mind. Now if UNT starts winning and gets in a regional conference with teams people have heard of far many decades, then you might get your wishes of having Denton look a little more like Stillwater than it does right now. Until then, apples and oranges.

Wrong. If that scenario ever materialized, we'd have 10,000 new excuses as to why we can't be like Oklahoma State or Texas Tech or even, dare I say...SMU.

I'm not sure what you mean by scatback. He's not big enough to take the pounding of a running back but he could play wide receiver right away. From what I can find he has very good speed, good hands, and is magic with the ball. I think size is keeping his former teammate, James Hamilton, off of the field. He won't nudge Montgomery, Dunbar, Mosley, or Mathis because they are as fast and weigh more. Cole could be the scatback that you mention but to me, that needs to be as a receiver; otherwise, he would only play in certain formations.

I would have a hard time believing any of those guys are as fast as William Cole. Dunbar may be close, but did you ever see Cole play for Cedar Hill? He made everyone look like they were in slow motion (and we're talking about playing against teams with D1 defenders on the field). One of the best Texas High School football players I have ever seen. Reminded me a lot of Quan Cosby in high school, but at the 5A level.

Wrong. If that scenario ever materialized, we'd have 10,000 new excuses as to why we can't be like Oklahoma State or Texas Tech or even, dare I say...SMU.

Well, I tell you what. Lets see if we can get in a confernece with SMU's old SWC mates for 60 years, or the equivalent of Tech's and OSU's, and see how we do. Then--and only then, if 10,000 new excuses form, we can officially know that we don't deserve to be in the top tier of conferences--kinda like SMU proved.

And, by the way, there is NO garden spot in all of Oklahoma!

The people in Tulsa would disagree with you.

I lived in OKC for a year and a 1/2, and it blew. It was absolutely and without question the worst 1 1/2 years of my life. I visited Tulsa and was amazed at the difference in landscape.

Also Beavers Bend state park is quite nice. Joke from Quoner coming in 3...2...1...

I lived in OKC for a year and a 1/2, and it blew. It was absolutely and without question the worst 1 1/2 years of my life. I visited Tulsa and was amazed at the difference in landscape.

Also Beavers Bend state park is quite nice. Joke from Quoner coming in 3...2...1...

I visit Tulsa regularly for work. I agree that it is much better than the rest of OK, but how much is that really worth?

I visit Tulsa regularly for work. I agree that it is much better than the rest of OK, but how much is that really worth?

I'm very disappointed. Rudy sets up "garden spot" and I follow with "Beavers Bend" and not one single vulgar insinuation from you. I think maybe you've lost your edge.

I'm very disappointed. Rudy sets up "garden spot" and I follow with "Beavers Bend" and not one single vulgar insinuation from you. I think maybe you've lost your edge.

Some jokes are too easy - but the fastball is out there, and there are plenty of folks here who can hit the middle of the plate fastball. I like to fancy myself as Vlad Guerrero, knocking out the pitch 6 inches up and outside the zone.

Totally aware of that. But he went to OSU to play DB, because that is what he wanted to play. He was switched to WR later.

I would imagine we want him to play WR, but I am not ruling him out in the secondary either, especially since Bush and Adams graduate and Cook and Smith moved to safety. We are thin there next year. That is all I am saying. Riley Dodge was an All-American and Player of the Year at QB and school wanted him at Wr or DB. It happens.

I think that if he is healthy he will be an asset no matter the position.

If that's where he wanted to play I say more power to him. You really can't discount the value of a shut down corner in the college game...especially given the number of teams who love to spread the ball around AND the fact that superior WR's absolutely change games by overmatching/outclassing DB's. If you have a DB who you can put on the other teams #1 then you have a weapon.

Well, I tell you what. Lets see if we can get in a confernece with SMU's old SWC mates for 60 years, or the equivalent of Tech's and OSU's, and see how we do. Then--and only then, if 10,000 new excuses form, we can officially know that we don't deserve to be in the top tier of conferences--kinda like SMU proved.

And, thus, my point is proven. Maybe we should change our name again? The University of Self Pity seems apropos.

Tulsa Football ate my metal lab too! F a slut!

You get 5 years to get in 4 years of PT. No ifs ands or buts.

Sometimes, rarely, a player can receive a 6th year to have his fourth year of competition. It's possible but not common.

Medical redshirts are approved by conferences, medical redshirts that require a sixth year have to be approved by the NCAA. I believe Leonard Hopkins received one for North Texas' basketball several years back.

That being said, William Cole should be an excellent candidate because he had a season ending injury before the season ever started. Unfortunately North Texas can't appeal until after he has used his remaining eligibility.

Sometimes, rarely, a player can receive a 6th year to have his fourth year of competition. It's possible but not common.

Medical redshirts are approved by conferences, medical redshirts that require a sixth year have to be approved by the NCAA. I believe Leonard Hopkins received one for North Texas' basketball several years back.

That being said, William Cole should be an excellent candidate because he had a season ending injury before the season ever started. Unfortunately North Texas can't appeal until after he has used his remaining eligibility.

I wish PHSCoach would comment on this; he provided some usual perspective in the discussion about getting a medical redshirt for Joe Miller. It's almost like you have to subscribe to NCAA Online at "the premium level" to even read all the rules. I'm sure this sounds cynical, but I think the NCAA intentionally keeps the eligibility criteria as mysterious as possible. Almost like the U.S. Congress, only with a plan.

playing for ou yes, playing for unt no.