Obama+bowling+special Olympics=

Some folks need to visit reality. The GOP lost and for good reason.

1. The national debt doubled during the last eight years which increased prices we pay for imported goods (includes oil and petroleum products.. includes plastic, chemical products, etc. ) ... The debt increased about 2% per years under Clinton..which was less than the interest rate on the debt.

2. The budget was balanced in 2000 and there was even a surplus and had been for the final six years under Clinton.. Every Bush budget had a large deficit.

3. Bush got us into a war based on the idea that Iraq had WMD and we were at risk despite the fact no terrorist act against us or Europe involved the Iraq government or even Iraq citizens. Sixteen of the nineteen involved in 9-11 were Saudi citizens.... as is Ben Laden... who is still on the loose. None had any Iraq connection.

4. The American economy is a total wreck and all these problems existed prior to the election last November. Most of these problems are due to the party in power removing financial controls on Wall Street and Banking. --They constantly yelled less government interference and they we got it --- and now we have bad economic times due to a meltdown of banking and Wall street companies. (thanks a lot to legislation written by Phil Gramm who also was somewhat involved in the Enron mess as well... that is why he he did not run for re-election for Senator from Texas In 2002).

Obama is not at all responsible for our present mess... grow up and be honest about it. Clinton is not my favorite person and rather disgusting but our economic situation was in good shape when he left office... not true of Bush.

Question; If you needed a lifesaving surgery, would you want great surgeon that was known to run around on his wife or a very religious surgeon that incompetant and many of his patients die? The same applies who the person in the White House.

Wow. All that because I made a joke? It was only a joke, lighten up. And your right, Bush spent way too much money, but the answer to Bush spending too much money is not to quadruple yearly the amount of debt that Bush incurred for more social programs. For a democrat, that would be like Pres. Obama saying we never should have invaded Iraq, and then turning arond and invading Turkey. Completely non-sensicle.

Notice you didn't comment on everyone now calling Pres. Obama "Idoit" and "Dolt" now that he has made several verbal miscues (including reading a speech off the telepromter meant for another speaker and not realizing it until he was thanking himself). Could it be that every President simply has to make so many appearances that mistakes are bound to happen, but only when it is a Republican President does everyone call him stupid and southern hick (which should be offensive to all of us Southerners, although it is always left to us to win all the wars).

We all know the state of the Economy when Pres. Obama took office. He was elected to correct it. It was probably the only reason he was elected. He better correct it or the Dems will lose 50 seats in the house and 6 seats in the senate in the mid-terms.

Can't continue to blame Pres. George W. Bush for all your problems.

1. Saddam's name was "Hussein' not "Hussain".

2. Obama (Osama) carries a hell of a lot more shock value than Hussein does, should we eliminate that word and just refer to him as Barrack?

We had a Texas govenor during the 1970's named-- shock --- "Adolph Briscoe". No one tried to tie him to the other Adolph nor should they have.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

Wow. All that because I made a joke? It was only a joke, lighten up. And your right, Bush spent way too much money, but the answer to Bush spending too much money is not to quadruple yearly the amount of debt that Bush incurred for more social programs. For a democrat, that would be like Pres. Obama saying we never should have invaded Iraq, and then turning arond and invading Turkey. Completely non-sensicle.

Notice you didn't comment on everyone now calling Pres. Obama "Idoit" and "Dolt" now that he has made several verbal miscues (including reading a speech off the telepromter meant for another speaker and not realizing it until he was thanking himself). Could it be that every President simply has to make so many appearances that mistakes are bound to happen, but only when it is a Republican President does everyone call him stupid and southern hick (which should be offensive to all of us Southerners, although it is always left to us to win all the wars).

We all know the state of the Economy when Pres. Obama took office. He was elected to correct it. It was probably the only reason he was elected. He better correct it or the Dems will lose 50 seats in the house and 6 seats in the senate in the mid-terms.

Can't continue to blame Pres. George W. Bush for all your problems.

--I don't but some here seem to think Obama is responsible for the mess we are in or at least try to blame him for it. That is being completely dishonest. . (my problems??)

---I doubt anyone considers Bush a southern hick... He was born in New England, only attended school in Midland until 8th grade, went to a New England preppie school, and even went to a New England College. Even both of his parents were from New England. How he is a considered a Southern hick? I have trouble even considering him a native Texan which he tries to call himself. Lord knows he is no Texas rancher.. he never even owned one cow until after he was elected President. As for oil man... his efforts basicly lost investor's money.... he once lived 1/2 mile from me.

me -- 4th generation West Texan (from 1870's) that fed and worked cattle growing up.

-----I do agree with you on this, the economy is a BIG reason Obama won... that sounds like a great reason to change the party in the White House, the other party screwed it all up by removing so many financial controls.... You are also right... if nothing improves then he too will be gone and should be.

--I don't but some here seem to think Obama is responsible for the mess we are in or at least try to blame him for it. That is being completely dishonest. . (my problems??)

The "your problems" was not directed at you, but at the Dems in 2 years if the economy is not back on track.

The "your problems" was not directed at you, but at the Dems in 2 years if the economy is not back on track.

---Those are your problems as well. Congress, both parties, need to get busy and improve the situation. My complaint is all of those who are already so pessimistic that things will get worse plus are trying to blame the wrong people for the mess we are in.... Bush took a good economy with a surplus and left Obama with a poor economy and a rapidly increasing national debt. Likely things will get worse before they get better, things are that bad. Let us (both parties) hope the situation does change fairly quickly. Meanwhile Rush L. an some others are openly saying they hope Obama et al. fail.. That is un-American. Never have I wanted Bush or anyone in power to fail or make bad decisions.... I just think he did both...

---You comment points out the big problem... the you and me attitude.. I think we is better and these radio idiots (either side) don't help anything and divide America. The economy or any issue is not just a political game but a very serious issue. We need to hope anyone in power is successful.

Some folks need to visit reality. The GOP lost and for good reason.

1. The national debt doubled during the last eight years which increased prices we pay for imported goods (includes oil and petroleum products.. includes plastic, chemical products, etc. ) ... The debt increased about 2% per years under Clinton..which was less than the interest rate on the debt.

So the solution is to just keep doing the same thing and spend like drunken sailors? If it was bad that Bush ran up the debt and deficits, isn't it equally bad when a Democrat does it? I disagreed with Bush for his expansion of Government, and I disagree with Obama on his expansion of the government. ...the only difference is that Obama has done in one month what Bush did in 8 years when it comes to spending money we don't have. Please don't sit here and bash the former President for overseeing the growth of the deficit when the guy you just voted into office doubled it overnight.

I wouldn't be patting yourself on the back for what Clinton's fincncial house looked like when he had a Republican congress holding the reigns. Let's see how the Deficit and Debt numbers look like after 4 years of Democratic control of Congress and the Whitehouse. ...anyone want to take any bets?

2. The budget was balanced in 2000 and there was even a surplus and had been for the final six years under Clinton.. Every Bush budget had a large deficit.

Copying and pasting the talking points from "Moveon.org" and "Democraticunderground.com" is a far cry from posting the facts.

The economy was headed into recession when Bush took office and then 9/11 happened. The only reason there was ever any surplus was due to the leadership of the '90's Republican Congress (and last really conservative body in office, BTW) and Clinton, rightly, went along with the bugets shoved down his throat during this time. I actually give Clinton alot of credit for doing the right thing here, and most conservatives do not and did not agree with the expansion of Government and spending under Bush.

3. Bush got us into a war based on the idea that Iraq had WMD and we were at risk despite the fact no terrorist act against us or Europe involved the Iraq government or even Iraq citizens. Sixteen of the nineteen involved in 9-11 were Saudi citizens.... as is Ben Laden... who is still on the loose. None had any Iraq connection.

It's BIN Laden, and the Democrats in Congress gave Bush a green light to move forward and saw all the raw data (as did our allies in Europe) that Bush did. ...and the Iraq war debate is over. Let it go. You're not going to change any minds. We're not going to change any minds. We think we were right and the President was right to do what he did. You think it was wrong. You're not going to go anywhere with this argument. Those on my side think it was money well spent, and your side thinks is was a waste. Let's just agree to disagree.

4. The American economy is a total wreck and all these problems existed prior to the election last November. Most of these problems are due to the party in power removing financial controls on Wall Street and Banking. --They constantly yelled less government interference and they we got it --- and now we have bad economic times due to a meltdown of banking and Wall street companies. (thanks a lot to legislation written by Phil Gramm who also was somewhat involved in the Enron mess as well... that is why he he did not run for re-election for Senator from Texas In 2002).

Gramm didn't run because he was ready to retire. ...and it's cute to bash Gramm for those policies when Clinton signed them into law. Both parties had a hand in removing some of the finciancial controls, but to ignore the mortgage mess and ignore that it was in fact TOO MUCH government involvement that caused that explosion is intelectuall dishonesty.

...and the problems with the economy were NOT in existance before the election of 2006. The Dems had 2 years to right the ship if they knew what to do and they did absolutely nothing. In fact, it was members of the Rebpulican party, inlcuding McCain who was screaming and hollaring that this was a big ass problem that was about to blow up in our collective faces.

Obama is not at all responsible for our present mess... grow up and be honest about it. Clinton is not my favorite person and rather disgusting but our economic situation was in good shape when he left office... not true of Bush.

He isn't responsible for the mess as President, but he is responsible for it as a Senator who did NOTHING to combat it during his time in office. ...and the economy was fully in a downswing as Bush came into office, so to state it was in "good shape" is simply not true. ...and 9/11 could have happened under anyone's watch.

Obama is responsible for the stimulus bill that he didn't read.

He is responsible for the misuse of the bailout money (as is Bush) as he voted for it as a Senator.

Question; If you needed a lifesaving surgery, would you want great surgeon that was known to run around on his wife or a very religious surgeon that incompetant and many of his patients die? The same applies who the person in the White House.

First, Obama is a gaffe machine and is clearly in over his head. Let's not pretend he's a mega intellect who is light years smarter than the previous holder of this office.

What I want in a Surgen and a President are two very different things. I want a politician who will butt out of my life, and not grow our federal government in an effort to control more and more of our lives as a means of control. I want a President who will allow the free market to actually work and not bailout every company who has a problem. It's been MANY years since I've had a President I actually wanted in office.

Governor Palin can't pay her legal debt because of all the ethics charges filed against her. American hero indeed.

What legal dept? I haven't heard of that but does she pay her taxes? And who's calling her a hero? She's someone that many people admire because of her convictions and beliefs. Personally, I like the fact that she chose to save an unborn child unlike how your president voted to kill them.

Rick

Personally, I like the fact that she chose to save an unborn child unlike how your president voted to kill them.

First of all...he's your president too. Unless you've declared yourself a one-man country (haven't there been cases of people trying to do that to avoid taxes?).

Second of all...when exactly was there a bill that called for the killing of unborn children? I think your beef is with those who have chosen to have an abortion.

Thus ends my smart-ass post of the day.

On another topic...what are you studying for? Whatever it is, good luck!

What legal dept? I haven't heard of that but does she pay her taxes? And who's calling her a hero? She's someone that many people admire because of her convictions and beliefs.

Her personal convictions are shallow compared to her thirst for power and anyone who gets in her way. That's why she has been and still is fighting off ethics charges in her own state (by her own party no less). This is also why she did not turn down the vice presidency nomination despite not being A) qualified, B) prepared, C) vetted, D) or even cared enough to keep her daughter out of the spotlight when she knew her pregnancy would be an issue.

Personally, I like the fact that she chose to save an unborn child unlike how your president voted to kill them.

There was a bill to kill Trig Palin? Really? Who introduced it in the House?

Edited by Coffee and TV

Thats his point...just another example of how China is passing us by. We must close the population control gap, now!

So, it's OK if an individual decides to abort a child, but not OK if the government decides to abort a child?

This is kinda backward thinking for a liberal, isn't it? :D

So, it's OK if an individual decides to abort a child, but not OK if the government decides to abort a child?

This is kinda backward thinking for a liberal, isn't it? :D

Where did I say I was against China regulating the number of babies one can pop out? Kids suck.