Story Of The Two Tournament Games

Keith7

"They just sort of bunkered in there at the end and played defense," Hedlund said. "We threw everything at them but the kitchen sink; we just couldn't score."

I'm sorry for the girls, and I'm sad they won't be moving on the NCAA Tournament. It's very unfortunate that their season came to an end earlier tonight; I was really hoping they'd get there this year.

But, taking off my empathy hat and putting on my soccer-loathing hat for a moment...

23 minutes for the first goal to come, and then 67 minutes of running back and forth? Sounds absolutely riveting.

KRAM, did you happen to tape the game? Could you post the highlights highlight on YouTube for us?

I know there wasn't any scoring after the 23rd minute, but believe it or not the action didn't stop there.. Its not like they sat around and had a pow wow after that point.. There was a total of 32 shots in the game between the two teams and with those shots came great saves, and close calls.. Just ask the fans that were there on their feet the entire second half how riveting the game was..

I'm sorry for the girls, and I'm sad they won't be moving on the NCAA Tournament. It's very unfortunate that their season came to an end earlier tonight; I was really hoping they'd get there this year.

But, taking off my empathy hat and putting on my soccer-loathing hat for a moment...

23 minutes for the first goal to come, and then 67 minutes of running back and forth? Sounds absolutely riveting.

KRAM, did you happen to tape the game? Could you post the highlights highlight on YouTube for us?

If you like baseball, your comments are totally discredited.

Tasty...wow...you actually think I know anything at all about YouTube????? Tasty...sorry, but your comments just show how very little you know about the sport of "real" football. I refereed three games this morning and the scores were 2-2, 6-0 and 1-0 AND I can tell you the 1-0 game was the most exciting...shot after shot on both ends of the pitch, some absolutely fantastic saves by each teams goalkeeper and some absolutely brillant footwork from players on both teams. The problem with most fans of American sport is that they are either fans because "people hit or run into people"...think football and NASCAR.....or they want all scoring and no real defense ... think basketball...or they just want to sleep through about 31/2 hours of their life...think baseball.

Soccer is about offense, defense and strategy in a 90 minute timeframe...no timeouts, no quarters and it is a players game once the clock starts...coaches have little to do with the outcome once the whistle blows...sorry you can't understand it, but then, I don't get the attraction of somer other sports like NASCAR and professional baseball...both bore me to tears...so, you like your games...I like mine. Good for both of us!

And, please NEVER tape anything related to baseball or NASCAR on YouTube for me...PLEASE...I am begging you!!!! :rolleyes:

Tasty...wow...you actually think I know anything at all about YouTube????? Tasty...sorry, but your comments just show how very little you know about the sport of "real" football. I refereed three games this morning and the scores were 2-2, 6-0 and 1-0 AND I can tell you the 1-0 game was the most exciting...shot after shot on both ends of the pitch, some absolutely fantastic saves by each teams goalkeeper and some absolutely brillant footwork from players on both teams. The problem with most fans of American sport is that they are either fans because "people hit or run into people"...think football and NASCAR.....or they want all scoring and no real defense ... think basketball...or they just want to sleep through about 31/2 hours of their life...think baseball.

Soccer is about offense, defense and strategy in a 90 minute timeframe...no timeouts, no quarters and it is a players game once the clock starts...coaches have little to do with the outcome once the whistle blows...sorry you can't understand it, but then, I don't get the attraction of somer other sports like NASCAR and professional baseball...both bore me to tears...so, you like your games...I like mine. Good for both of us!

And, please NEVER tape anything related to baseball or NASCAR on YouTube for me...PLEASE...I am begging you!!!! :rolleyes:

You honestly just described hockey - yet you lay a big steaming pile on its chest whenever it is brought up. But, you brought back the passive-aggressive summary paragraph ending, and that is something we can all get behind. I mean, if you like that, which I do. If you do that's great. Good for us!

Guest JohnDenver

Soccer is about turnovers. A stat they don't even track because there are so many. It would be like playing football with an oiled ball. Completely frustrating.. nice footwork! oh. Turnover.

Feel bad for these women though... Wish they could get over the hump.