Is Anyone Still Opptimistic

hickoryhouse

Of course it doesnt mean they all voted, or, voted yes, but some numbers...You'd THINK the coaches would have had a talk with these kids telling them to vote...

Team Members:

Football 100 +/-

Green Brigade 290 +/-

Basketball (M&W) 30 +/-

Cross Country (M&W) 17

Golf (M&W) 17

Soccer 24

Softball 21

Swimming/Diving 32

Tennis 8

Track & Field 61

Volleyball 14

Total 614 (I think)

This doesnt include all of the student trainers

I'm optimistic! No reason not to be. I think given the amount of time everyone had to put together a campaign for this, everyone did well. That being said... I told everyone from the start that this needed to go on the spring ballot because we would need more time to silently plan and strategize against the naysayers. This is exactly the kind of situation I thought was going to happen.

Of course it doesnt mean they all voted, or, voted yes, but some numbers...You'd THINK the coaches would have had a talk with these kids telling them to vote...

Team Members:

Football 100 +/-

Green Brigade 290 +/-

Basketball (M&W) 30 +/-

Cross Country (M&W) 17

Golf (M&W) 17

Soccer 24

Softball 21

Swimming/Diving 32

Tennis 8

Track & Field 61

Volleyball 14

Total 614 (I think)

I certainly do hope that those that it wil affect the most would be voting.... That would be a good start i think

Team Members:

Football 100 +/-

Green Brigade 290 +/-

Basketball (M&W) 30 +/-

Cross Country (M&W) 17

Golf (M&W) 17

Soccer 24

Softball 21

Swimming/Diving 32

Tennis 8

Track & Field 61

Volleyball 14

Total 614 (I think)

You would think it was a given, but who knows. I still say it passed, but who knows.

Now I have been reading this board non stop for hours now trying desprately to hear any news good or bad.

The tone is getting more and more pessimistic as time goes on,

Does anyone still have even a shred of optimism left?

I'm still optimistic. I have to believe the administration would not put this on the ballet unless they knew the votes were there, because if it doesn't pass, the egg on our university's face will damage the entire school perception for years and years.

Go Mean Green!!!

I'm still optimistic. I have to believe the administration would not put this on the ballet unless they knew the votes were there, because if it doesn't pass, the egg on our university's face will damage the entire school perception for years and years.

Oh, the votes were there, no doubt about it. But from some of the feedback we're receiving, it sounds like many of those needed votes chose to sit on their thumbs.

I am hoping the silence is because the powers that be don't want to take any chances that a winning vote could be challenged on a technicality....thus they are dotting every 'i' and crossing every 't'.

And that idea would tend to support more of the total silence that is going on for sure. I think the silence is actually good.

And that idea would tend to support more of the total silence that is going on for sure. I think the silence is actually good.

I agree with this 100%.

If it has passed, then the administration AND the SGA, both being Pro-Fee, are being darn sure that all of the rules are being followed to a T to avoid a boomerang coming back and smackin' them upside the head. They would be doing everything possible to keep the wraps on it because of how they know the two sides will react. If it fails, the Pro people are simply going to re-organize, put it on another ballot, make sure it is handled right this time (two day, in person only vote). If it passes, the anti crowd is going to bitch and moan and write some nasty articles in the Daily, but will basically simply go away if there is nothing to protest, like, say... some stupid rule getting broken.

Silence is a good thing right now everyone. Be patient. We've waited this long, we can manage another 3 hours and 13 minutes.