Thank Goodness We Don't Have This Logo Anymore

UNTLifer

what's sad about it is that it's a stock decal that was just bought online. Look at the 3rd Row,3rd from the left. Also, take a look at the same row, 5th from the left...

http://www.protuffdecals.com/images/Mascots/BIRDS-page.jpg

As much as we love the flying worm at unt, i doubt we se that logo on any one else and i would venture to say its their worst seller since the logo for the south park turd sandwiches.

what's sad about it is that it's a stock decal that was just bought online. Look at the 3rd Row,3rd from the left. Also, take a look at the same row, 5th from the left...

http://www.protuffdecals.com/images/Mascots/BIRDS-page.jpg

No arguments here, but it is worth noting that the icons for the Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks, and Arizona Cardinals are all on there, as well.

No arguments here, but it is worth noting that the icons for the Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks, and Arizona Cardinals are all on there, as well.

It appears that they make decals from logos, not vice versa. Trust me, the flying worm was not purchased, but designed by the MIA Rick Spears.

I don't love it, but I'd take a 2008 version of that design over the name of our school spelled out on each side. Thats always seemed like such a give up......

I also would prefer a logo (don't we have a decent one now??) over a school name on a helmet, and on the 50-yard line while we're at it too!! :P

Edited by NT80

I also would prefer a logo (don't we have a decent one now??) over a school name on a helmet, and on the 50-yard line while we're at it too!! :P

I would prefer having my helment back that I wore in '74 and '75. It was of course, The Worm!!!t. I left it in storage at the family ranch and it magically disappeared. Anybody know where I can buy one??? I'm jealous of Rick's piano collection and I want to start one.

I'd be interested to know if they recieved permission from our athletic department for the use of the Flyin Worm?

Rick

Good question. I wonder if there is still a trade mark associated with it. I don't know if they/when they expire. That was before CLC also. Once something (ie the last eagle) is no longer listed with CLC does the University still have a trade mark, if not expired or is it fair game?

You know what I liked most about that logo... It was so easy, when i was an anxious High Scholer just waiting to get into UNT, to draw that on my notebooks in history class instead of taking notes, it is simple, easy to look at, easy to draw and it shows to everyone who just glances at it exactly what school I'm pulling for....... hoo ray for such a fablous marketing idea by UNT glad that one didn't last

Good question. I wonder if there is still a trade mark associated with it. I don't know if they/when they expire. That was before CLC also. Once something (ie the last eagle) is no longer listed with CLC does the University still have a trade mark, if not expired or is it fair game?

Not sure. But Greenstock had to get written permission to do the Flyin Worm clocks. Not sure anyone else does though.

Rick