Are You Left Or Right "brained"?

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

0,,5675247,00.gif

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic

detail oriented

facts rule

words and language

present and past

math and science

can comprehend

knowing

acknowledges

order/pattern perception

knows object name

reality based

forms strategies

practical

safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

"big picture" oriented

imagination rules

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

believes

appreciates

spatial perception

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

When I first opened the thread...I focused only on the dancer for about a minute and thought that she was clearly turning clockwise. Then I read the descriptions and how she should be turning based on brain function. Now she is only turning counter-clockwise.

The brain is amazing. Reading the descriptions forces you to think logically, thus the left brain is active.

Christ...and now I just scrolled down and she's turning clockwise...Long Jim, I'm gonna be very pissed if this turns out to be some joke and she's programmed to change direction.

Christ...and now I just scrolled down and she's turning clockwise...Long Jim, I'm gonna be very pissed if this turns out to be some joke and she's programmed to change direction.

Heh! No joke.

Nah, I thought the same thing, but I initially saw her turning counter-clockwise, and then concentrated, and she 'turned' clockwise. Weird, though!

Im pretty sure it is. I just sat and watched it change directions multiple times. Though maybe it's all the peyote I had with breakfast.

Edited by Eagle1855

Guys, it's a two-dimensional image, which means its not really turning either way. Your mind is perceiving it as turning one way or the other. Its no joke. :)

If it were a 3D image and it jumped back and forth, you'd be able to tell.

After watching her a while I could control it, 180 degrees from right to left and back again. I was able to perceive it her out stretched foot as rocking back and forth and always pointing away form me, so her direction changed every 180 degrees.

When does football start?

the key is to watch her foot close to the ground. when it turns perpendicular to the viewer, for a split second, it could be going either way. At that point, you can "switch" your perspective to either direction.