Cfn's Sunbelt Preview

untlynchka

Consider me officially fired up now (as if I wasn't already). I wonder if I took a whole bottle of Ambien before bed tonight, might I just wake up and it be fall already....

BTW: Why would his next logical move be OC at Oklahoma?? I thought he played ball at TX.

Edited by Green P1

yeah, I saw that and wondered the same thing. I don't think they know that he played ball down at Texas. I also don't think, even though it would probably be more money, that Dodge would leave for anything other than a head coaching gig, especially with his son here.

What a crappy article. I love the enthusiasm, but could he at least do a little research?

He lists Hamilton, Cook and Phillips as JUCO transfers for the defensive backfield, yet all are high school recruits, he mispells Horton as Hutton and then he claims Phillips and Taylor will be in the mix for QB duty in the future although both were recruited to be DB's.

Major Appelwhite will more than likely be the future offensive coordinator then head coach at UT.

Unless Chris Simms' career as an NFL QB flames out. Wouldn't surprise me if they went with Simms even though Appelwhite would give them the better chance to win......

What a crappy article. I love the enthusiasm, but could he at least do a little research?

He lists Hamilton, Cook and Phillips as JUCO transfers for the defensive backfield, yet all are high school recruits, he mispells Horton as Hutton and then he claims Phillips and Taylor will be in the mix for QB duty in the future although both were recruited to be DB's.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality. He had me so confused about who was coming from where to play what position that when he was predicting where Dodge would go next, at first I thought he said "defensive coordinator" at Oklahoma.

Doesn't matter in the world of professional college coaching. It probably hasn't mattered since the days of the Gipper.

Mack Brown: Florida State. Bob Stoops: Iowa. Joe Paterno: Brown. Vince Dooley: Auburn. You get the picture.

Just so you know, I say this with a smile on my face, but for your argument to be totally right your list would need to look like this:

Mack Brown head coach of Florida, Bob Stoops head coach of Iowa State, Joe Pa head coach at Cornell?, and Vince Dooley head coach at Alabama.

You get me some of those, then tell me that Dodge would go to one of his top two most hated rivals.

Start what? Bulking up? Backing up Giovanni?

Talked to my boy, after we texted awhile, he said he was 210 pounds heading into spring practice.

He put on significant muscle from off-season which is no surprise, he is animal in the weight room for a QB and having a Qb's body.

Talked to my boy, after we texted awhile, he said he was 210 pounds heading into spring practice.

He put on significant muscle from off-season which is no surprise, he is animal in the weight room for a QB and having a Qb's body.

What was his playing weight last season?

Just so you know, I say this with a smile on my face, but for your argument to be totally right your list would need to look like this:

Mack Brown head coach of Florida, Bob Stoops head coach of Iowa State, Joe Pa head coach at Cornell?, and Vince Dooley head coach at Alabama.

You get me some of those, then tell me that Dodge would go to one of his top two most hated rivals.

Bo Schembechler (Ohio State grad) comes to mind.

I don't see Dodge at OU unless Stoops is no longer there. I don't think that he wants a spread offense in Norman. Also, I don't see Dodge as anything less than a HC.

I thought they always ran some sort of hybrid-spread-thingy over there?

And wasn't Leach OC first season with Stoops?

This is why I love Vizza and think Rodge would be better off redshirting this year. Vizza is obviously a leader and a talented QB based on his performance as a true freshman. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers he puts up this year after gaining valuable experience last year.

This would allow Rodge to be a RS freshmen/soph during Vizza's Jr/Sr year and allow him to heal his shoulder completely and develop physically. Either way, this is a great problem to have. They both have the mentality of outworking their competition, so it will only make both of them better.