Unt Selects Firm For Stadium Design

Harry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been checking PonyFans.com daily since we announced hiring HKS, just waiting to see them make remarks about any good fortune coming our way. Alas, today it happened. Just a matter of time.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...8fc397c2e6903d2

I often check Ponyfans while pantsless and watching highlight reels of Doak Walker, but to each his own.

Ive been checking PonyFans.com daily since we announced hiring HKS, just waiting to see them make remarks about any good fortune coming our way. Alas, today it happened. Just a matter of time.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...8fc397c2e6903d2

It's hard to explain how their posts get under my skin. I know, "don't let it bother you", "take the high road", "they are just jealous and we'd do the same thing", blah, blah, blah! I guess over the years we have proved some of their comments right. Can't help it, can't stand 'em! I can't wait for them to set up a series with us. I think they've already figured out they lost their best chance of a close game by not signing with us for 2008. Would it not be the best to be able to play them in the NOB! Let the rivalry really begin!!

GMG!

Let it go it's only one side we are planing on a horseshoe which mean end zone seats on one side.

Some endzone seating to finish the "bowl" effect is fine, but why 10,000 seats when 5,000 would be plenty to connect the sides plus maybe a grass knoll, then spend the extra $ on more sideline seating. Tech and Baylor's endzone sections are small with more sideline seats, where SMUt's endzone seating is the same as sidelines yet is just more to be unused (of course their sideline seats are unused too :lol: ).

It's hard to explain how their posts get under my skin. I know, "don't let it bother you", "take the high road", "they are just jealous and we'd do the same thing", blah, blah, blah! I guess over the years we have proved some of their comments right. Can't help it, can't stand 'em! I can't wait for them to set up a series with us. I think they've already figured out they lost their best chance of a close game by not signing with us for 2008. Would it not be the best to be able to play them in the NOB! Let the rivalry really begin!!

GMG!

When One Loves To Hate Another School (Athletically Speaking), One Needs To Be Very, Very Careful That They Are Not Responsible For........

...........Allowing A Rivalry To Break Out With Such Careless Behaviour (for heaven's sake)!

(After all, one just can't do these kind of things in Texas Inter-collegiate Football anymore--can you)?

If we get this new stadium world peace is inevitable. Hot women really will put out because you "can make them laugh", gas prices will go down, and criminals will stop victimizing others if you just hug them enough and tell them how special they are.

Yep, with this new stadium anything is possible.

But, there will still be some world hunger if it seats less than 40,000.

With the possible exception of the Big 12 (13 ? ), what other conference would you rather be in ? CUSA, despite SMU, makes the most sense. Houston, Rice, Tulsa UTEP, and even Tulane. this is the best, the only real conference choice for North Texas.

Buy your Season Tickets and make your donation to the Mean Green Club.

We are what will make this stadium happen.

GO MEAN GREEN

With the possible exception of the Big 12 (13 ? ), what other conference would you rather be in ? CUSA, despite SMU, makes the most sense. Houston, Rice, Tulsa UTEP, and even Tulane. this is the best, the only real conference choice for North Texas.

The only 1-A conferences with any members semi-nearby are SBC, CUSA, Big12, SEC, WAC, and MWC. Of course CUSA is the logical step up. We've already discussed the WAC at length. The Big12 and SEC have no openings. The only other option is the MWC with TCU. They need another team in this region for TCU but I think UTEP might get that call. A new stadium would help our cause, as would 25K average attendance in the SBC. CUSA would be a good step up while waiting for a Big12 opening. B)

I like the current design much better. Here is the old "new" stadium illustrations:

http://www.unt.edu/administration/images/f...stadium%203.JPG

http://www.unt.edu/administration/images/f...stadium%201.JPG

I just hate that open area between the athletic center and the stands. What is that all about? I looks terrible.

Buy your Season Tickets and make your donation to the Mean Green Club.

We are what will make this stadium happen.

GO MEAN GREEN

Ah yes GMG.com two most talked about subjects; Stadium dreams and which conference should we join (since it's entirely up to us)....

............and NOW I predict a post that will put together the 'Optimal Conference Alignment' for UNT which will include a select few schools from a select few other conferences and how this new conference will dominate and become a BCS conference and how it will be great because we won't need a travel partner since the schools are so close and then we will have a great showing of fans because everyone will want to drive there (being so close) and how financially it makes perfect sense for every school in that conference and how we will get great tv time with countless bowl-tie-ins and then a breakdown of why those school are included in this 'Dream conference' (UNT excluded of course).

Ah yes GMG.com two most talked about subjects; Stadium dreams and which conference should we join (since it's entirely up to us)....

............and NOW I predict a post that will put together the 'Optimal Conference Alignment' for UNT which will include a select few schools from a select few other conferences and how this new conference will dominate and become a BCS conference and how it will be great because we won't need a travel partner since the schools are so close and then we will have a great showing of fans because everyone will want to drive there (being so close) and how financially it makes perfect sense for every school in that conference and how we will get great tv time with countless bowl-tie-ins and then a breakdown of why those school are included in this 'Dream conference' (UNT excluded of course).

Why am I getting déjà vu.

I just hate that open area between the athletic center and the stands. What is that all about? I looks terrible.

Do you look at the world through turd colored glasses?

FFR, don't worry about the water shortage. With these waterless urinals, we'll be fine.

Do you look at the world through turd colored glasses?

FFR, don't worry about the water shortage. With these waterless urinals, we'll be fine.

I first experienced waterless urinals another location; the Marfa Lights Viewing center. I don't remember where I read this, but I think the local High School kids in Marfa designed it. I LOVED those lights, but man was I impressed by those waterless urinals and that the local kids designed such a place. There's a picture of it in this link:

Another waterless urinal site