Seems More And More Like June Jones

Harry

Not official, but it appears that Jones may be who SMU is holding out for. A good coach that runs a very wide open offense.

Hopefully that long term series deal with SMU has fallen through, otherwise we're hay foder for the Mustangs even worse than in the past. $10 million buys a great coach and staff.

Edited by DallasGreen

Sorry for my ignorance-what's Sul Ross?

Best thing about Austin Community College -aka ACC - is a joke my ex told me years ago..."Anyone Can Come". Everybody who was intent on UT, didn't get in, and is obsessed with Austin. It's not as funny until you see it firsthand. The ones she went to HS with that ended up there would all wear UT gear and try to play it off. It was really funny.

I know you were talking about the other one, in Sherman, but your post made me remember that and I thought it was funny.

Best thing about Austin Community College -aka ACC - is a joke my ex told me years ago..."Anyone Can Come". Everybody who was intent on UT, didn't get in, and is obsessed with Austin. It's not as funny until you see it firsthand. The ones she went to HS with that ended up there would all wear UT gear and try to play it off. It was really funny.

I know you were talking about the other one, in Sherman, but your post made me remember that and I thought it was funny.

Its a small college. Dallas Green is still struggling with the loss to FIU. Though we should all be thankful that Dallas Green isn't a Michigan fan, or probably would have driven off a cliff after their loss to Appalachian State.

I can't wait for us to start winning, so that we will have something to drown out the whining and complaining from the fair weather fans.

Yes, it would be a real risk to play anyone who challenges us competitively to be better than we are (please note sarcasm).

DG: So if you don't want to play SMU, who DO you want to play?

Dallas Green wants us to disband the program and refund the $$$$ money he's has DONATED to the program, because NT lost to FIU this season.

Edited by GreenBat

I know it may be considered poor netiquette, but hey, this link may provide you with some knowledge of Sul Ross and it's beautifully situated campus. You must have never been to the Trans Pecos region of Texas.

Sul Ross State University

I though June Jones was likely their target since the Paul Johnson rejection. Hopefully this will happen for SMU. Jones has an exciting product and has proven that he can build a winner where several predacessors have failed miserably.

The deal may have already been done.

SMU's next option had seemed to have been Francione; a coach that I really like, but one that A&M just fired for NCAA rules violations involving improper communications with overzealous boosters. The press would have a feeding frenzy if their anointed Death Penalty University partnered with a coach that just got fired under those circumstances.

Coach Fran does deserve another chance, but he should wait a couple of years and do it in some place other than Texas. Kansas and Kansas State may both be looking for coaches within the next couple of years and attempts at rebuilding a down program may ruin his chances at landing either job.

Ummm...Kansas doesn't look like it needs much rebuilding right now.

Nice link on "Sul Ross"...if they knew how to write, their "Who is Sul Ross?" section might have actually made sense. It looks like a nice campus. Why have I/we never heard of it, if it's part of the TSU system? Regardless of who the guy was, it's kind of a dorky name for a school.

I though June Jones was likely their target since the Paul Johnson rejection. Hopefully this will happen for SMU. Jones has an exciting product and has proven that he can build a winner where several predacessors have failed miserably.

The deal may have already been done.

SMU's next option had seemed to have been Francione; a coach that I really like, but one that A&M just fired for NCAA rules violations involving improper communications with overzealous boosters. The press would have a feeding frenzy if their anointed Death Penalty University partnered with a coach that just got fired under those circumstances.

Coach Fran does deserve another chance, but he should wait a couple of years and do it in some place other than Texas. Kansas and Kansas State may both be looking for coaches within the next couple of years and attempts at rebuilding a down program may ruin his chances at landing either job.

I really think the Fran hire may be (or may turn out to have been) closer than many think.

And what's this June Jones nonsense? Why would anyone EVER leave their job in the almighty WAC?! That conference is headed for the BCS every single year...right?

Maybe SMU could take Bryant Gumbel, then I wouldn't have to listen to his sorry a$$ on the NFL network anymore. And make Cris Collinsworth his OC, because he sucks also at best he should be just a the spare third guy in a booth.

Maybe SMU could take Bryant Gumbel, then I wouldn't have to listen to his sorry a$$ on the NFL network anymore. And make Cris Collinsworth his OC, because he sucks also at best he should be just a the spare third guy in a booth.

And somehow Gumball is so bad that he makes Collinsworth sound pretty good.

That is an awesome idea. I still can't believe the NFL channel still lets him call games.