These games are set for 2008:

@ LSU

@ Kansas State

@ Rice

H- Tulsa

2009:

@ Ball State

@ Alabama

Those are all set according to today's FW paper. I believe the other two 2009 games will be home games with Rice and Army.

I believe I posted this same info (for the 2008 schedule) a few days back in a previous thread, with dates even.

2008 schedule:

8/30 @ Louisiana State --> SOURCE: LINK

9/27 @ Kansas State --> SOURCE: LINK

10/25 vs Troy --> SOURCE: LINK

11/1 @ Middle Tennessee

unknown @ Rice

unknown @ Western Kentucky -- SOURCE: LINK

unknown vs Tulsa (* included in a post by another member within the same thread)

I hope this helps add to the information (regarding specific dates) provided in the DMN article.

Also, other information regarding the 2009 & 2010 schedule can be found here, on my very own website. I have found this information on various sites while scouring the web recently, and I do try to keep this up to date and retain the source URL for reference.

2009 schedule: [not including the games you posted -- though I will be updating the site now ;)]

9/12 vs Air Force

10/24 @ Troy

unknown @ Ball State

unknown @ Alabama

2010 schedule:

9/4 @ Clemson

9/25 vs Kansas State

unknown vs Rice

Enjoy!

GMG!

[ I editted this post as I have updated my website to reflect the recent findings of future schedule (2008-2010) ]

Edited by jperg2

Why aren't these MAC teams returning a game to us? Didn't we play Akron last year?

I thought I read somewhere in a previous thread that Navy was the response game or make-up game for us having played Akron. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn I read this recently somewhere. Of course I could also have dreamed it up. ;)

Finally a game in Houston against Rice! I can actually get up and drive across town and go to a game. This would be one of my reasons I'd like for us to be in CUSA. Atleast a game each year here in H-town. Either Houston or Rice, that is if they rotate the home and home with each team and don't travel twice here every other year.

I am sorry to see that we have only one nonconference game at home next season. That means that once again we will have five games at home and seven games on the road. Our players, coaches, and fans deserve to have a schedule with six home games and six away games. If we are going to continue to play two "money" games per year it might mean bringing in Nicholls State or Texas State (San Marcos) to Fouts in order to balance the schedule.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I believe that the deal with the MAC was for four games...two home and two away. There were no teams designated. Navy came here as a part of the package, in lieu of a MAC team visit. I believe that one of the Ohio teams originally had them scheduled as a home game and let us have it because they had scheduled a Big 10 team. The third one is apparently going to be at Ball State. Since the contract was to cover four consecutive years, that would mean that a MAC team vistits Fouts in 2009. Which one is anyone's guess.

These games are set for 2008:

@ LSU

@ Kansas State

@ Rice

H- Tulsa

2009:

@ Ball State

@ Alabama

Those are all set according to today's FW paper. I believe the other two 2009 games will be home games with Rice and Army.

I understand that we had to help Miami find an opponent since we back out of that game to play LSU. Anyone know where we stand with that?

I understand that we had to help Miami find an opponent since we back out of that game to play LSU. Anyone know where we stand with that?

Haven't heard how that scheduling bugaboo has been finalized but I have heard that we will make some nice money due to the flip-flop.

I know we need the income, but (as Huff said) I do wish we could open up with some 1-AA's from time to time. Texas State U (not the Armadillos, of course) would bring a nice crowd to Fouts Field and a more competitive game than our opening in the Pit of LSU.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I disagree for one reason. We want to start playing like a contender, right?

Only once in a while do the big teams play I-AA teams. And ESPECIALLY the mid-major teams that want to prove themselves put up tougher non-conference schedules to prove themselves.

Would it be nice to beat Nicholls State and have 2 wins this year?

Maybe.

But I think it's better to lose now and be ready to beat their asses when we're settled in.

I believe I posted this same info (for the 2008 schedule) a few days back in a previous thread, with dates even.

2008 schedule:

8/30 @ Louisiana State --> SOURCE: LINK

9/27 @ Kansas State --> SOURCE: LINK

10/25 vs Troy --> SOURCE: LINK

11/1 @ Middle Tennessee

unknown @ Rice

unknown @ Western Kentucky -- SOURCE: LINK

unknown vs Tulsa (* included in a post by another member within the same thread)

I hope this helps add to the information (regarding specific dates) provided in the DMN article.

Also, other information regarding the 2009 & 2010 schedule can be found here, on my very own website. I have found this information on various sites while scouring the web recently, and I do try to keep this up to date and retain the source URL for reference.

2009 schedule: [not including the games you posted -- though I will be updating the site now ;)]

9/12 vs Air Force

10/24 @ Troy

unknown @ Ball State

unknown @ Alabama

2010 schedule:

9/4 @ Clemson

9/25 vs Kansas State

unknown vs Rice

Enjoy!

GMG!

[ I editted this post as I have updated my website to reflect the recent findings of future schedule (2008-2010) ]

Western Kentucky is a conference game.

We need to get Tulsa off the schedule. The last time we beat them was in 1969. Rod Rust was the coach of a team that went 7-3. They beat Rod Rust coached teams in 1970 and 1972. Hayden Fry couldn't beat them. His teams lost to them in 1973 and 1974. He then got them off the schedule and never played them again. They beat a Jerry Moore coached team in 1980. They beat a Corky Nelson coached team in 1982 and beat two Darrell Dickey coached teams in 2005 and 2006. They have won eight straight games in this series. This is a series that is like our series with New Mexico State - but in reverse. We have had some great games with New Mexico State and won most of those games. I think if we called New Mexico State about playing them again they would decline - and who can blame them. We need to drop Tulsa.

We need to get Tulsa off the schedule. The last time we beat them was in 1969. Rod Rust was the coach of a team that went 7-3. They beat Rod Rust coached teams in 1970 and 1972. Hayden Fry couldn't beat them. His teams lost to them in 1973 and 1974. He then got them off the schedule and never played them again. They beat a Jerry Moore coached team in 1980. They beat a Corky Nelson coached team in 1982 and beat two Darrell Dickey coached teams in 2005 and 2006. They have won eight straight games in this series. This is a series that is like our series with New Mexico State - but in reverse. We have had some great games with New Mexico State and won most of those games. I think if we called New Mexico State about playing them again they would decline - and who can blame them. We need to drop Tulsa.

I disagree, Todd needs to have this team's motto as

Any one

Any time

Any where

I think Southern Miss uses something like this.

I disagree, Todd needs to have this team's motto as

Any one

Any time

Any where

I think Southern Miss uses something like this.

GreenBat -- I couldn't agree more, I think RV is trying to get more opponents of better caliber, who are also closer to home (so to speak) so that we can get more games in which fans can attend and follow the team as they travel for games. Keeping Tulsa on the schedule satisfies both opportunities.

Yes, Tulsa is definitely a powerhouse you don't want to schedule. NT could drop to 1aa but some of those programs are good too.

Yes, Tulsa is definitely a powerhouse you don't want to schedule. NT could drop to 1aa but some of those programs are good too.

I, too, detect the sarcasm on the 1-aa part of your posts, GrandGreen, but lets say "what if".......... if future UNT officials (since our present group would never consider such tom-foolery IMO); anyway, if future UNT leaders would dare try such a move of going back to 1-AA it would be over the dead bodies of a helluva' bunch of us who went thru the last 12 years of the purgatorial existence that NCAA D1-AA became to our football program (and its followers). I'm not so sure that we still ain't trying to recover from those 12 years of 1-AA truth be told.

I'd say lets aim this Mean Green Ship to Top 25 rankings in NCAA D1-A, right?

Uh, no you didn't. Your original post doesn't even list the Tulsa game. Also the link to your "very own" website doesn't pull any of that stuff up.

At the time of my post in this thread, I had listed a lot of the information previously shown. Please read the dsclaimer I had put on the Tulsa information (I have included it below). This clearly shows that, I knew this was not mentioned be me, but by someone else within the same thread.

As for my website having this information, pleae revisit the site... go to the left side of the page and scroll down to the 2007 schedule. Above this is a selection box, where you can choose any schedule from 2001 - 2010. If you would choose 2008, 2009, or 2010, you'll see the information is available. Just click on the expand/collapse ('+', plus sign) and you can see the schedules.

I think one needs to re-read before posting.

Hope this helps.