The 2008 Non-conference Games Are Set

SUMG

We need to get Tulsa off the schedule. The last time we beat them was in 1969. Rod Rust was the coach of a team that went 7-3. They beat Rod Rust coached teams in 1970 and 1972. Hayden Fry couldn't beat them. His teams lost to them in 1973 and 1974. He then got them off the schedule and never played them again. They beat a Jerry Moore coached team in 1980. They beat a Corky Nelson coached team in 1982 and beat two Darrell Dickey coached teams in 2005 and 2006. They have won eight straight games in this series. This is a series that is like our series with New Mexico State - but in reverse. We have had some great games with New Mexico State and won most of those games. I think if we called New Mexico State about playing them again they would decline - and who can blame them. We need to drop Tulsa.

Well, we had worse problems with Memphis. We played them for the first time in 1952 and won. We picked up the series again in 1960 and went on a 14 game losing streak with them until 1975 (it looks like we didn't play them in 66). Our 73, 74 and 75 losses were when Fry was coaching. We were out of the conference with them in 74 and 75 and we didn't play them in 76. If Hayden was going to drop a series because it didn't appear winable, then Memphis would have been the school to drop after the 73 season. Instead we kept playing them, and beat them in 77 and 78. Jerry Moore split with them in 79 and 80.

We can beat Tulsa.

At the time of my post in this thread, I had listed a lot of the information previously shown. Please read the dsclaimer I had put on the Tulsa information (I have included it below). This clearly shows that, I knew this was not mentioned be me, but by someone else within the same thread.

As for my website having this information, pleae revisit the site... go to the left side of the page and scroll down to the 2007 schedule. Above this is a selection box, where you can choose any schedule from 2001 - 2010. If you would choose 2008, 2009, or 2010, you'll see the information is available. Just click on the expand/collapse ('+', plus sign) and you can see the schedules.

I think one needs to re-read before posting.

Hope this helps.

I think one needs to take his condescending attitude elsewhere.

I believe I posted this same info (for the 2008 schedule) a few days back in a previous thread, with dates even.

2008 schedule:

8/30 @ Louisiana State --> SOURCE: LINK

9/27 @ Kansas State --> SOURCE: LINK

10/25 vs Troy --> SOURCE: LINK

11/1 @ Middle Tennessee

unknown @ Rice

unknown @ Western Kentucky -- SOURCE: LINK

unknown vs Tulsa (* included in a post by another member within the same thread)

I hope this helps add to the information (regarding specific dates) provided in the DMN article.

Also, other information regarding the 2009 & 2010 schedule can be found here, on my very own website. I have found this information on various sites while scouring the web recently, and I do try to keep this up to date and retain the source URL for reference.

2009 schedule: [not including the games you posted -- though I will be updating the site now ;)]

9/12 vs Air Force

10/24 @ Troy

unknown @ Ball State

unknown @ Alabama

2010 schedule:

9/4 @ Clemson

9/25 vs Kansas State

unknown vs Rice

Enjoy!

GMG!

[ I editted this post as I have updated my website to reflect the recent findings of future schedule (2008-2010) ]

Holy crap - LSU gets 8 home games next year!

I think one needs to take his condescending attitude elsewhere.

Dude, you're trying to tell me what IS and IS NOT on my site, I think I'm the better source of information in that regard than you are. I was only trying to help YOU understand that the information was available, and to explain how to gain access to it for future reference. Condescending? Hardly! Helpful, yes!