The Aggies Look Pathetic...

ipEAGLE

I'm watching the aggie game on ESPN against Miami and I am suprised at the lack of athletes they have on their team. They all look very undersized and very very skinny. What has happened to A&M. RC Slocum was a better coach than Fran. The ags made a huge mistake getting rid of RC.

He's(Fran) waiting on his next gig, Aggies will have enough if they don't beat TX.

I'm watching the aggie game on ESPN against Miami and I am suprised at the lack of athletes they have on their team. They all look very undersized and very very skinny. What has happened to A&M. RC Slocum was a better coach than Fran. The ags made a huge mistake getting rid of RC.

I have never understood what A&M sees or saw in Fran. Patterson may have in fact had more to do with Fran's success at TCU, than Fran had himself.

I think the Big XII is usually overrated as a league. It's not ever weak but it's rarely ever as strong as most(especially in Big XII country) seem to think.

What's funny is I think it's usually underrated as a basketball conference. Go figure.

Edited by CMJ

This is a post on my fantasy football league (from an Aggie grad) ...LOL

FOR SALE, BIG-XII COACH, USED

For sale Big 12 coach unable to beat teams above Sunbelt, Big Sky, or WAC. Will trade for High School Special Teams Coach, or a good hunting dog. (Dog must be able to find endzone)

Aggs defeated Monroe. Montana St, and Fresno... which explains the conf. names... Lord help them when they face OU... Miami lost by 38 to OU and had less a lot less yards and first downs than we did. Miami had 7 First Downs, we had 13.

Remember OU defeated Aggs 77-0 in 2003 and never even scored the final quarter..... that was also coached by Fran. (it could have been much worse if Stoops had not been calling really basic plays, like hand-off straight ahead to the 5th team and let clock run). I think they are considering the dull Slocum years as the good old days now. That was the worst game I have ever seen... even worse that our loss to UT a few years ago. Our OU game this year was exciting compared to that one, at least we scored, made several first downs and 200+ yards.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I have never understood what A&M sees or saw in Fran. Patterson may have in fact had more to do with Fran's success at TCU, than Fran had himself.

---Wasn't LaDainian Tomlinson at TCU when Fran was there...??. He could make a lot of coaches look good, even bad ones.

Fran's teams have been blown-out a lot ( say good-bye and put your house up for sale). Slocum's were very good on defense but not very exciting on offense and had difficult times coming from more than 10 behind. His teams were very old-school traditional in a league that was changing more to run and gun as.. Tech being the extreme case.

Pathetic compared to the past 5 yrs... everyone is down except for OU.

The Big 12 has been down for several years now. Oklahoma wasn't overly competitive over past two years. A&M hasn't been for a decade. The North...nothing since Nebraska in 2001, and even then they snuck into the BCS championship after being pounded by Colorado. The only times the North has won Big 12 titles since 2000 were in 2001 and 2003 when Texas and Oklahoma tried to sleepwalk through the championship games and lost to Colorado and Kansas State respectively.

This year, it's more of the same. Aside from OU, everyone stinks up the joint when they step out of conference. So, to see A&M pounded isn't all that surprising. Nebraska got whippped less than a week ago. Texas can't put away Arkansas State or Central Florida. Troy State rips Oklahoma State. It's a sham, the Big 12...second in fraud only to the Big Ten/Eleven.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Good article by Jean Jacques in DMN this morning.

Link

Texags.com is absolutely melting down...

Example thread: "Poll, Who wants to see Fran horsewhipped?" :lol:

No one does less with more than aTm.

The Coop and Little ball of hate on ESPN this morning mentioned how hard it will be to remove him as coach this year due to his contract. He in contract at 2.1 million per season through 2012.