Nt V. Fau Predictions

UNT_playmaker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAU moved the ball at will.

Turnovers, stats, they're all good and great, but don't mean crap. Florida Atlantic beat a big ten team, it wasn't a fluke, they're for real.

UNT 37 FAU 40

Shootout to the finest extent Fouts has ever seen in years. Whoever throws less interceptions wins, simple as that.

A crappy Big ten team, if FAU could move the ball at will why was it a 3 point game. I guess they wanted to make it close. I also suppose that 7 turnovers did not help maintain that 3 point edge. If my math is correct that means that FAU scored on 6 of 14 possessions, had to punt 6 times and tuned the ball over on downs twice. But then again don't let the facts get in your way

Are you seriously looking for reasons to lose?

Turnovers, stats, they're all good and great, but don't mean crap. Florida Atlantic beat a big ten team, it wasn't a fluke, they're for real.

If you only beat a team by 3 points, and the other team turned the ball over 7 times, you can't convince me that turnovers don't mean anything. We would probably beat Minn if they gave us the ball 7 times. I can't get over the fact that they only won by 3 points, especially if there able to move the ball "at will".

So was it one of those Minnesota beat themselves kind of deals?

Im guessing most of you guys didnt actually see the FAU game against Minn. Yeah Minn turned the ball over 7 times, most of them did come in the first half. The fact is though that if you saw the game you would have seen that after FAU got up so much at halftime they came out in the second half and played nothing but soft zone prevent D for the rest of the game. This was alright through the third qtr but when it got late in the game and it started getting close again it got most of us pretty nervous and wondering why we didnt go back to our more attacking defensive strategies we used in the first half. My guess is that we got a little too confident with the lead we had. Anyways what im getting at is that after reading all of your posts up to this point i think most of you guys are really underestimating FAU's D. We do return 10 starters from last year,although i will admit we were questionable against OSU, however the starters only played the first half of that game. Personally I just dont believe you guys are going to be able to air it out like a lot of you are predicting. To answer Kings question, yeah Minn killed themselves in the first half with all their turnovers but i would have to say only 2 were unforced. The D absolutely mauled them in the first half. Ask MTSU what they thought of our D. Anyways good luck to you guys and i look forward to some heated debates going into the game.

Oh yeah

FAU 37

NT 20- with some late scores after its over by 3rd qtr

Edited by theroscoeowl

Im guessing most of you guys didnt actually see the FAU game against Minn. Yeah Minn turned the ball over 7 times, most of them did come in the first half. The fact is though that if you saw the game you would have seen that after FAU got up so much at halftime they came out in the second half and played nothing but soft zone prevent D for the rest of the game. This was alright through the third qtr but when it got late in the game and it started getting close again it got most of us pretty nervous and wondering why we didnt go back to our more attacking defensive strategies we used in the first half. My guess is that we got a little too confident with the lead we had. Anyways what im getting at is that after reading all of your posts up to this point i think most of you guys are really underestimating FAU's D. We do return 10 starters from last year,although i will admit we were questionable against OSU, however the starters only played the first half of that game. Personally I just dont believe you guys are going to be able to air it out like a lot of you are predicting. To answer Kings question, yeah Minn killed themselves in the first half with all their turnovers but i would have to say only 2 were unforced. The D absolutely mauled them in the first half. Anyways good luck to you guys and i look forward to some heated debates going into the game.

Thanks theroscoeowl glad to have you aboard!

Are you coming up to Denton?

Did you know our Passing Offense is ranked 3rd in the Nation right now?

Nothing personal I just don't like it when our fans don't believe in our team.

Edited by KingDL1

Thanks theroscoeowl glad to have you aboard!

Are coming up to Denton?

Nothing personal I just don't like it when our fans don't believe in our team.

Hey King, Hey thats what these forums are about. Its all in good fun and sharing info. Unfortunately i cant make it over for this one. Wish i could though, i know your place is gonna be pumped for this one. Although im predicting it wont be that close we all know how the sunbelt is, you never know it could easily turn out to be a slugfest. Good luck and heres to a great injury free game.

Minnesota had 3 fumbles and 4 interceptions given up.

FAU forced 3 fumbles and made 4 interceptions.

I don't understand fans who tear down our conference mates wins over out of conference opponents and then whine when the announcers do the same when we perform well. I think that we should congratulate FAU on a fantastic game last week and thank them for their contribution to bringing a little more respect to the Sun Belt Conference.

Besides, the better we build them up, the better we will look after beating them this Saturday 35-31.

This North Texas team improves every week.

The offensive side is full of confidence, and the players are showing they can run the offense.

As far as the runing game, the team did not have to run much vs $mu- the offense

took advantage of what $mu was giving up. So, the game will play out as to what FAU

gives up. Maybe the running game takes off because of the passing attack. FAU will

blitz alot- our advantage. Our QB and WR's are clicking-they "read" off each other.

From reading Vito's blog, the team focused on the defensive play through practice this week.

I can see a marked improvement in the defense, both in schemes and player performance.

Home opener for Dodge Ball. Big fan support! Conference game! Over confident FAU team

playing on the road. Pay back time, 0-3 vs FAU.

This adds up to:

North Texas 45

FAU --------- 27

Attendence--28,347

UNT 37 FAU 40

Shootout to the finest extent Fouts has ever seen in years. Whoever throws less interceptions wins, simple as that.

I agree. Not that long ago I remember everyone on this board glowing after we beat Baylor, perennial bottom feeder of the Big 12. (including me!) So I will give them credit. This will be a tough win but that just makes a victory so much sweeter.

Go Mean Green

I'm sticking to my 77-74 UNT prediction and a game I'm sad I'm gonna miss (Justin, Cory and Rob I will be needing text message updates). 21,500 in attendence...another 23,500 tailgating all game in the parking lot...and another 50 or so who never leave Tavern.

UNT 37 FAU 40

Your statement doesn't mean more than a lot of crap. Think about it, if you cough up the ball 7 times, you're basically beating yourself. If you look at some of the years we had that Green Curtain, the other teams often beat themselves with poor passing and bad fumbles, giving our offense an opportunity to score. I'm not saying FAU isn't good, but in order for them to have won that game as closely as they did, they needed those turnovers. If Minnesota had cut that turnover margin down, they would've won by 14 or so.

Besides, how can you tell us the turnover stats don't mean crap when you say, "Whoever throws less interceptions wins..." those statements walk all over each other.

Edited by meangreendork

Your statement doesn't mean more than a lot of crap. Think about it, if you cough up the ball 7 times, you're basically beating yourself. If you look at some of the years we had that Green Curtain, the other teams often beat themselves with poor passing and bad fumbles, giving our offense an opportunity to score. I'm not saying FAU isn't good, but in order for them to have won that game as closely as they did, they needed those turnovers. If Minnesota had cut that turnover margin down, they would've won by 14 or so.

Besides, how can you tell us the turnover stats don't mean crap when you say, "Whoever throws less interceptions wins..." those statements walk all over each other.

It's been my experience following football that teams often just hand out turnovers through no fault of their on. Of course, I am also legally retarded.

It's been my experience following football that teams often just hand out turnovers through no fault of their on. Of course, I am also legally retarded.

He finally admits it. That's the first step in getting help. F'n TARDO!

This is going to be a freakin' shootout!

UNT - 56 FAU- 49

Attendance: 24,700, but there will be at least 60,000 afterwards who will swear they were there.

This will go back and forth all day, with each team up by 14 at some point in the game. FAU is driving for the winning score with time running out; Holman picks off a pass in the flat and takes it to the house for the win with 10 seconds left on the clock.

This game will be legendary...mark it down!