Pony Thread On Attendance

MeanGreen61

Here's my favorite pony post:

"There was a good number of UNT fans at the game...but would say that we actually outnumbered them last night"

Well, good for you! You might want to make it a goal to outnumber the visitors in most home games.

I loved that one, too! As if out-numbering opposing fans in your own stadium is some sort of victory.

For SMU, apparently, it is. And that's pathetic.

A voice of reason in a sea of...

"NTSU brought a nice crowd. Our side was a lttle late arriving, but filled in by the end of the 1st quater. This should be a home and home every year. We aren't the SWC Mustangs anymore, so there is no need to have some kind of false sense of superiority. We should paly NTSU and TCU every year."

from

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25030

I doubt that NTSU will ever schedule SMU again, since there is no NTSU to do so. Maybe they might want to start calling us by our real name and might want to not degrade us constantly by calling us the Eagles. Sure, we are the Eagles, but Mean Green might have been nice to hear a few times. I still hate them and hope only the worst for them in the upcoming season. Never forget and never surrender when it comes to SMUT.

I doubt that NTSU will ever schedule SMU again, since there is no NTSU to do so. Maybe they might want to start calling us by our real name and might want to not degrade us constantly by calling us the Eagles. Sure, we are the Eagles, but Mean Green might have been nice to hear a few times. I still hate them and hope only the worst for them in the upcoming season. Never forget and never surrender when it comes to SMUT.

Thats a little sensitive don't you think? The Eagles bothers you? But you don't mind calling SMU, "SMUT". Pretty interesting.

Guest JohnDenver

Thats a little sensitive don't you think? The Eagles bothers you? But you don't mind calling SMU, "SMUT". Pretty interesting.

/

The only reason them calling us NTSU *ever* bothers me, is because they think it is creative. It is the oldest trick in the book and it is so obvious. It is like calling a man Chrissy, when his name is Chris. It is too obvious and completely ineffective. I am sure that Chris has heard it a million times before, so he must ignore it. I just embrace it. NTSU? NTU? NTCC? KUNT? PUNT? RUNT? Anything else? I don't care.

The worst type of insult is when they don't acknowledge you (like going to hornsfans.com and them not having a thread on UNT on game week). SMU obviously cares a lot, though they won't admit it, so that is a victory in itself.

The PA guy called us the University of Texas Mean Green

I thought I heard that. That guy should have gone over the roster prior to game time so he didn't sound like such an idiot trying to pronounce some of our guys names.

I thought I heard that. That guy should have gone over the roster prior to game time so he didn't sound like such an idiot trying to pronounce some of our guys names.

That guy was horrible. He didn't even get his own players names right. Not to mention, he would open the mic way before the play was over, and you could hear his spotter. Not very proffesional. Sorry to get on a stupid little rant like that, but I work in tv, and I am a proud alum. Unlike Craig Miller.

I don't think I have every hear a PA system play loud noise when the opponent was calling signals as SMU did on several occasions last night. I know that most conferences do not even let the bands play at this time. Is there not a rule against this. If not why doesn't NT and every other school do this at every opponent snap?

I think he is just some poor frustrated Michael Buffer wannabe.

Example:

Buffer: Let's get ready to RRRRRRRRRRRUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wannabe: Let's hear some third down THHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNDDEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, the better nudie bars in town wouldn't hire him anyway. :P

GrandGreen I am with you. I didn't think that terrible noise could go on during a play. I thought about asking Coach Dodge that tonight on the radio show.

And, the P.A. guy at SMU. Good Voice. But, absoluetly the most mistakes EVER.

If anyone remembers the SMU of twenty years ago... That Guy Ain't No Bill Melton!

Terrible. Also, I am an old rock music child...but, the loudness of the Public Address system was near "unhealthy" levels for those in our sections. I would love to see that checked!

I don't think I have every hear a PA system play loud noise when the opponent was calling signals as SMU did on several occasions last night. I know that most conferences do not even let the bands play at this time. Is there not a rule against this. If not why doesn't NT and every other school do this at every opponent snap?

I seem to recall that situation coming up at TT one year. There may be some rule on PA noise just prior to/during the snap. If not a rule I would call it courtesy not to attempt to blast the audible and snap with loud noise.

We NEED to renew this series and get one going with Baylor, Rice, TCU, Tulane, etc. Some "local" teams can really spark attendance and create some "must see" games. If SMU is smart, they will be begging us to do a home-home series extension. Some of the "other" more local teams might want to take notice. Sorry, I can get fired up about UNT playing SMU much more than I can a game against Middle Tennessee, Florida "whatever the name is", etc., etc.

Just check out the crowds at Fouts when we get Baylor, SMU, etc. at home. AND, look for a great crowd for the Navy game. We need to add Army, Navy, AF to our home schedule as often as they will come here to play. Might be a great away trip to go to Annapolis too...or West Point or Colorado Springs. I'd go!

So, let's do all we can to book "locals" and high-profile schools we can challenge for a win...I am tired of the "money games" against the OU's, Ark's, etc. of the world...and, before you hit me "upside the head"...I do understand the need for the "money game", but I am hopeful we will be somebody's "money game" in a few short years of Dodge Ball!

We NEED to renew this series and get one going with Baylor, Rice, TCU, Tulane, etc. Some "local" teams can really spark attendance and create some "must see" games. If SMU is smart, they will be begging us to do a home-home series extension. Some of the "other" more local teams might want to take notice. Sorry, I can get fired up about UNT playing SMU much more than I can a game against Middle Tennessee, Florida "whatever the name is", etc., etc.

Just check out the crowds at Fouts when we get Baylor, SMU, etc. at home. AND, look for a great crowd for the Navy game. We need to add Army, Navy, AF to our home schedule as often as they will come here to play. Might be a great away trip to go to Annapolis too...or West Point or Colorado Springs. I'd go!

So, let's do all we can to book "locals" and high-profile schools we can challenge for a win...I am tired of the "money games" against the OU's, Ark's, etc. of the world...and, before you hit me "upside the head"...I do understand the need for the "money game", but I am hopeful we will be somebody's "money game" in a few short years of Dodge Ball!

KRAM1, playing all the locals is a novel idea that is now at least 4 plus decades old. :rolleyes::) But keep the faith, maybe the GenX'ers (or whichever group it is now) will be the ones who do the convincing as to see this happen.

GMG!

Speaking of the PA, is anyone as sick of Bob's Steak and Chophouse as I am?

Not as sick of them as the Mustang Realty Third Down and the Horse noises, man I mean I know it's annoying sometimes going to mgs.com and hearing the eagle caw but at least its only once and not looped.

Also what was that Chicken Leg Dot Race Thing. That was horrible.