Rd On Cover Of D Mag?

WIFE2HOT4U

Did anyone else hear Dunham and Miller talking about it this morning? Pretty interesting discussion.

I wonder how much George's opinion of Southlake is dictated by his opinion of the Dodge's and his excitment for UNT...I'm not sure you would've heard the same glowing endorsment of the area w/o Dodge in Denton.

That said...there are alot of great people in and from Southlake...and a lot of rich, pretentious a-holes...same can be for numerous communities in the DFW (Park Cities, Plano, Frisco ect...) what separates SLC is winning.

Having read the article...a more appropriate title would've been "Why you should be jealous of Southlake" or "Why you should move to Southlake." But that wouldn't sell copies.

I wonder how much George's opinion of Southlake is dictated by his opinion of the Dodge's and his excitment for UNT...I'm not sure you would've heard the same glowing endorsment of the area w/o Dodge in Denton.

That said...there are alot of great people in and from Southlake...and a lot of rich, pretentious a-holes...same can be for numerous communities in the DFW (Park Cities, Plano, Frisco ect...) what separates SLC is winning.

Having read the article...a more appropriate title would've been "Why you should be jealous of Southlake" or "Why you should move to Southlake." But that wouldn't sell copies.

When he was talking about Coppell hating Southlake, he doesn't really get it. I played football for Coppell and they were our rivals for many years. That is why we dislike them, not because we are jealous. Is UT jealous of OU? Flower Mound Marcus of Lewisville High? No jealousy here, just rivalry.

When he was talking about Coppell hating Southlake, he doesn't really get it. I played football for Coppell and they were our rivals for many years. That is why we dislike them, not because we are jealous. Is UT jealous of OU? Flower Mound Marcus of Lewisville High? No jealousy here, just rivalry.

There has been several fantastic games between Coppel and SLC in the years past. Seems like there was a string of 2 or 3 there for a while that ended with the field goal kickers hitting for the win?

Rick

There has been several fantastic games between Coppel and SLC in the years past. Seems like there was a string of 2 or 3 there for a while that ended with the field goal kickers hitting for the win?

Rick

Yes, we had some good bouts with them. My senior season was the fall of '98 and we lost by one touchdown or something close to that. They kept us out of the playoffs that season and a team that we had actually beaten (Grapevine) went on to win the 4A state title. This was pre-Dodge though.

This is the most overhyped QB in Texas. If he didn't play at SLC, he might not start at other schools nor would he have the stats.

I like Riley but this is ridiculous. Good kid, good athlete, but way overhyped. Don't tell me the only reason, is that he wants to play for his dad, on why he is coming to UNT.

I know our defense is licking their chops to see this kid takes some shots in spring ball.

This is the most overhyped QB in Texas. If he didn't play at SLC, he might not start at other schools nor would he have the stats.

I like Riley but this is ridiculous. Good kid, good athlete, but way overhyped. Don't tell me the only reason, is that he wants to play for his dad, on why he is coming to UNT.

I know our defense is licking their chops to see this kid takes some shots in spring ball.

You must've been away for a few days because the boards seemed like they were free of "pot-stirring" for a bit.

I must be wrong then. My bad. Just seems overhyped to me.

At least look at the positives: we've got an athlete coming to our school. If he was a "system" quarterback, I'm okay with that because we've got the system that he'll produce in. Timmy Chang didn't get a sniff in the NFL, but do you think Hawaii cares? Looking ahead to the Vizza-Riley battles, I imagine Todge will put the best man for the job at our school. He said it himself in the media conference video. To paraphrase, "I truly believe we have are going to be set with a great quarterback for the next 4 to 5 years."

If all of this and gmg.com is ridiculous to you, than hopefully you can at least take Todge's word for it.

PS: way to piss in our cornflakes...again. You love the attention, don't you? There is absolutely no reason to rub a turd on Riley (despite all the positive media attention he has indirectly brought to UNT), yet you insist on fulfilling your right to express your opinion here. Way to be counter-productive.

It's interesting you say that, the day after Riley works out at the Texas combine for invitees only, he announces he is headed to UNT.

A million different ways to spin that. I think we'd all agree that he wasn't going to be given a chance at QB in Austin, yet I don't think UNT is the only place that would give him a chance at QB. I'm glad he's coming here; the competition at his position will only make everyone better.

You're right. He was only the 5A POY, so the voters must not know what they are talking about. We'll have them meet with you prior to casting their votes this year.