Why My Wife Is Really Awesome

Gents and ladies,

First, I know this isn't football related, well it kind of is, you'll see. So please admins allow this because I think everyone will get a kick out of this. Thanks in advance Cerebus and Harry.

I was married in mid-July in Chicago and what a day. Backtrack a few months and I mentioned that I wanted a groom's cake and she didn't really know what that is coming from the Midwest. Come to find out that a groom's cake is pretty much a southern thing which I didn't know. She had never been to a wedding with a groom's cake. Anyway, she finally agreed and I said I want a North Texas football helmet. Of course she instantly said no. We talked about it multiple times but she said something about that being kind of trashy and lame. So after protesting to no avail I gave up and said whatever.

Fast forward to the wedding reception. We make our entrance do our first dance and whatnot then cut the cake. We cut the wedding cake and I don't see the groom's cake and I'm like what gives. After we cut the wedding cake I ask her what we do next and she says wait. Next thing I know I hear the D.J. say it's now time to cut the groom's cake so everyone please stand and then I hear the first note of the single greatest fight song known to man! That's right the North Texas fight song is blaring over the speakers and out of the back they wheel out the groom's cake. IT'S A NORTH TEXAS HELMET!!!! It doesn't end there though. My wife printed out the words to the fight song and put them on every table so EVERYONE in the reception hall is singing the North Texas fight song. It doesn't end there though. The bridesmaids all had green and white pom poms and were shaking them in the air. But that's not the best thing. My friends had contacted my friends in the athletic department and the athletic department donated to them AN AUTHENTIC GAME WORN JAMARIO THOMAS JERSEY!!!!!!!! One of my buddies brought the cake out wearing the jersey and an old NT helmet that I have that my mom shipped to my wife!

How amazingly cool is that? I was speechless. From the first time I mentioned an NT helmet my wife said no, knowing full well she was going to do that for me. And in her style, she went over the top with the fight song, printing out the words so people could sing along and then the authentic jersey. I now have to get it signed and framed!

I felt like a dork though because at the reception I kept telling my friends that I couldn't wait to tell the guys at GMG.COM.

Unfortunately I have no pictures yet. We haven't seen the professional pics yet, but I know the photographer got tons of the cake and my friend in the jersey and even some of me with the helmet on doing the Heisman pose. Anyway, when I get them I'll post some for sure.

Bottom line is that my wife blew me away with this and made my wedding day that much more special.

It was awesome and thanks for humoring me on this!

Patrick

• 9 months later...

I felt like a dork though because at the reception I kept telling my friends that I couldn't wait to tell the guys at GMG.COM.

Wow... You are a dork. Most people can't wait to seal the deal, but Patrick can't wait to impress the other guys....

Congrats on the getting the girl.